Thanks for saving me the trouble of finding out for myself!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 10:33 PM
    My First Blackberry after a long time. Im absolutely loving it. Took some time to get used to the keyboard.

I love the screen for browsing, Multi-tasking and the touch sensitive keyboard.

Due to not using Blackberry for a long time I totally didn't expect the software to be this amazing though I miss many of my previous apps. Can someone help me download the must have apps for Blackberry (For starters). and Im not sure but I was told by the salesperson that i could install android apps from 1mobile store but i cant find it. How do you use that store and is it safe to use?

Any help regarding the apps would be appreciated.

My previous fone was a note 4. I Still use it side by side but i would prefer my blackberry if i could install all my apps like instagram, Snapchat And games on it.

I posted this post but didn't get much help from the forum. Maybe for newbies there should be some kind of guide to help them out lol.

Sent from BlackBerry Passport $ilver �dition
    08-17-15 12:55 AM
    Syd, you might want to take a look at this here http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    Usual caveat applies and this does not replicate full blown Google store experience but folks are happy with app solutions it brings.
    Syd90 likes this.
    08-17-15 04:28 AM
    i too, ***** and complain about bb, but yet when i went to iphone, it just didn't feel right, apple is nice, and everything looks pretty with all the nice colors and apps, but just felt odd in my hand....maybe its me, but nothing really special once the vanity has worn off after a few days
    08-17-15 07:33 AM
    Went from an Apple universe to the BlackBerry 10 universe. It started with the Q10 and now I'm on a Passport SE. At the end of the day, what is most important for me is texting, e-mail, and phone call quality. BlackBerry 10 is hands down the winner in these areas.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, same here. Or at least when I get my next smartphone I'll goto the Passport!
    Come back to Passport-straight_outta_waterloo.jpg

SQN100-1 | 10.3.1.1779 | t&at
    nicky_willz likes this.
    08-17-15 07:51 AM
    Welcome back. Celebrate by going to the Wikipedia page about the BB Passport and put that page right ;-)

Have fun.
    08-17-15 08:58 AM
    I'm curious to know, besides the physical keyboard, why folks would leave the iPhone. I don't use an iPhone and don't understand the attraction as I don't care for games, selfies or think that folks care about my every experience, thought or action. But that's me. Why brings people to the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Everything except the app situation is the great thing about the Passport. It's different. I flip between the PP and the 6Plus because sometimes the app situation is frustrating and iI flip back to the Plus.

What I love about the Passport

- Out of the box ability to attach files to emails. I was completely embarrassed at a realtors office when my 6Plus couldn't email the actual attachments from Dropbox. I think there are third party solutions, but i couldn't think of any at the time.

- The Hub. Every notification in one place. Amazing.

- The screen is perfect for viewing web pages without moving the webpage around too much.

I love my PP and will be going back to it when it's time to go back to school. Nothing is better then actually typing out assignments on it and emailing directly to the teacher without hitting copy and paste or using an app.
    08-17-15 12:51 PM
    Everything except the app situation is the great thing about the Passport. It's different. I flip between the PP and the 6Plus because sometimes the app situation is frustrating and iI flip back to the Plus.
    As a developer, it is frustrating to point out that there is only so much we can do when API's are not open.

I would prefer that BlackBerry would spend more money on trying to convince companies to develop for BlackBerry.

I know Chen made the statement about apps being "app neutrality", but the fact is, unless all phone OS's agree upon a single standard (i.e. HTML5 and jQuery) it isn't going to happen. And for some smaller companies, they just can't afford to develop for more than 1 or 2 platforms. However, the amount of free advertising for getting off of Android due to the latest hack of the month, should help BlackBerry push the issue. But, as usual, their marketing is almost non-existent and they are leaving their developers out to dry.
    08-17-15 02:30 PM
    Lol I love your description... "passport calling like Greek sirens"

Priceless!!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 02:59 PM
    I have satisfied my cravings for a seamless app experience by purchasing an Android tablet. Then for about a month, I go crazy with apps and games, slowly I lose interest, the tablet ends up sitting somewhere gathering dust. No desire to pick it up.

I guess I'm not app and game kind of people. I like the way my Passport handles my communications needs as that's what I do most. I don't mind the workarounds because I don't do those other things that I bought my tablet for very often.

Posted via CB10
    Yep

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 04:34 PM
    I also left the BB Passport for an IPhone 6
    And I too miss the pkb along with other BBP
    Features. I will be returning to the Passport
    On Black Friday.
    08-17-15 06:26 PM
    My First Blackberry after a long time. Im absolutely loving it. Took some time to get used to the keyboard.

I love the screen for browsing, Multi-tasking and the touch sensitive keyboard.

Due to not using Blackberry for a long time I totally didn't expect the software to be this amazing though I miss many of my previous apps. Can someone help me download the must have apps for Blackberry (For starters). and Im not sure but I was told by the salesperson that i could install android apps from 1mobile store but i cant find it. How do you use that store and is it safe to use?

Any help regarding the apps would be appreciated.

My previous fone was a note 4. I Still use it side by side but i would prefer my blackberry if i could install all my apps like instagram, Snapchat And games on

I posted this post but didn't get much help from the forum. Maybe for newbies there should be some kind of guide to help them out lol.

Sent from BlackBerry Passport $ilver €dition

There are 3rd party apps for Instagram/Snapchat
    Try downloading from Amazon App Store.
    08-17-15 06:38 PM
    As a developer, it is frustrating to point out that there is only so much we can do when API's are not open.

I would prefer that BlackBerry would spend more money on trying to convince companies to develop for BlackBerry.

I know Chen made the statement about apps being "app neutrality", but the fact is, unless all phone OS's agree upon a single standard (i.e. HTML5 and jQuery) it isn't going to happen. And for some smaller companies, they just can't afford to develop for more than 1 or 2 platforms. However, the amount of free advertising for getting off of Android due to the latest hack of the month, should help BlackBerry push the issue. But, as usual, their marketing is almost non-existent and they are leaving their developers out to dry.
    That sucks as a developer. I don't even know what I would do if that was me. I wish you the best.
    08-18-15 07:48 AM
    That sucks as a developer. I don't even know what I would do if that was me. I wish you the best.
    Luckily for me, I make my money by doing development outside of mobile. But, at one point, I did BBOS Enterprise development and there was no real help from BlackBerry to convince my boss to move to BB10. Not blaming BlackBerry completely, because my boss wasn't exactly the smartest tool in the shed and nor was the company doing well either.
    KeKyKo likes this.
    08-18-15 12:37 PM
    You all make me so excited about the Passport unfortunately I'm sad. I guess I fell for th romantic idea of using a BlackBerry and the Passport to me is really beautiful looking and all the added discussions about being able to install and run the Google Play Store and downloading and running Android apps was a deal maker, I had Blackberries in my eyes. I rushed to old Amazon and bought a refurbished Passport. I was not disappointed, at first. Sadly my romantic BlackBerry filled eyes did not read the articles and comments closely enough regarding the Google side of it. I am Google centric to a degree. I can get around many Google trappings but I really need Hangouts, Google Photos and Google Music. Mostly Photos and Music. I stream a lot. It seams all else I can circumvent but these I am too imbeded in its just to cumbersome to simply switch to another system. I am loving the Passport but I'm afraid we will have to part ways soon eventually.
    What are your ways around these Google apps?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KeKyKo; 08-19-15 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Update: What sorcery is this! Google Music working fine. Even all my playlists are intact. This is getting goooood!
    08-19-15 08:15 AM
    I am Google centric to a degree. I can get around many Google trappings but I really need Hangouts, Google Photos and Google Music. Mostly Photos and Music. I stream a lot. It seams all else I can circumvent but these I am too imbeded in its just to cumbersome to simply switch to another system. I am loving the Passport but I'm afraid we will have to part ways soon eventually.
    What are your ways around these Google apps?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    The perfect way around is called BlackBerry Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 06:09 AM
    The perfect way around is called BlackBerry Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Not at $730 retail
    JGoodard likes this.
    11-15-15 05:11 PM
42 12