I accidentally spilled coffee on my SE keyboard
    I cleaned it with Iso Propyl Alcohol
    My question is will it effect the performace of the keyboard or the mouse
    don't know I feel that the keys got harder somehow and there's a voice coming from some of the buttons when I press it like a sound of scraped paper
    Any feedback

From BlackBerry with Love
    10-09-15 03:36 PM
    I don't have much experience on this subject.

But try submerge it rice for a few hours or over night.

Also if you dare, try see if you can open it, otherwise make sure it dries. It is your best option.
    10-09-15 03:50 PM
    Hopefully it was just straight coffee, no sugar or cream in it, the sugar is nasty to clean and get out. I already have it planned, if I spill something on it, going right to the vacuum cleaner, inverted to let the gravity and the suction get out the fluids before they go deeper.

Good Luck!
    10-09-15 03:53 PM
    better have a vacuum in your pocket at all times
    10-09-15 03:56 PM
    better have a vacuum in your pocket at all times
    Ahhahahahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 03:57 PM
    That sucks OP. Keep us informed of how it works out for you. I would say put it in rice as well as suggested by someone earlier.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-09-15 04:52 PM
    Well the thing is I immediately turned over the phone on a tissue
    And applied alcohol to clean it
    Everything is working fine
    So it wasn't dipped in coffee so for me to leave it in rice
    let's see what the future days bring haha
    Otherwise I throw it away guys, for sure over your side, and I get a new one lol

10-09-15 06:24 PM
    Yes, if it doesn't work, throw it out and buy a new one. It's only money. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 06:39 PM
    People are for some reason scared of my advice, but I use it all the time and it works on the units I clean without any damage. It's your choice if you want to follow it or not.

When people bring laptops to me after spilling sugary beverages inside, I use lighter fluid to clean that stuff right out. Isopropyl alcohol just doesn't have the strength to eat through the sticky residue.

On one OG Black Passport someone brought in with a similar problem, I simply poured the Ronsonol right into the keyboard and began working the keys until all resistance was gone. The fluid eventually evaporates and leaves no trace behind. Doesn't damage the finish either. Lacquer thinner DOES damage plastics, never use that stuff at all.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    10-09-15 11:49 PM
    I have an original Passport. Spilled coffee on it once. Just coffee, no sugar, no creamer or milk. I blotted off the keyboard right away, turned th device face down to see if any coffee dripped out, and then went about my business. No harm.

I do agree with the lighter fluid suggestion above. I would do that rather than alcohol, if it was necessary.
    10-10-15 08:30 AM
    Ronsonol as the pic?
    Coffe spilled on my BlackBerry Passport SE's keyboard-images.jpg

10-10-15 05:21 PM