Hey guys,
    I've been using my passport for the past two weeks and I absolutely love it! However, there are a couple of things that I miss from my Android days, principal of which is the lack of a decent code editor/compiler.
    Being a computer science student, I frequently have to edit code snippets on the fly and there were several apps on the play store that helped me do that. However, after extensive searching I've been unable to find a decent native or free(Snap-able) Android app that could edit and/or compile code snippets.
    I usually need to work with .java, .py(Python), .tex (LaTeX) and .cpp files. Is there any app that could help me with this?

PS: If there's no such app and if this thread receives enough attention, I think I'll start my own app development for this
    10-14-14 11:53 PM
    Honestly I've always wanted an on device syntax sensitive text editor for code. When I was looking into it I came to the conclusion that having a web-based interface that I could get to would be the best solution for me.

Typically when I'm not in my development environment I tend to keep my changes light, maybe tweak a few things here and there or rough out a new function. Most of the heavy lifting and such is still done at the desktop in an IDE for me, so it's really not used for an extensive time period.

Anyway, here's a link to a decent one if you have a web host available somewhere to throw it on:
    https://icecoder.net/

There's quite a few different ones out there, hopefully you'll find something in that arena that would work for you. If not, write that mofo and I'll buy a copy!
    Mansoor2 likes this.
    10-15-14 12:37 AM
    Take a look at Web design cheat sheet. You can preview written code and see the results.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 12:49 AM
    But you won't find java, c++, etc. You'll need a laptop to do real development.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 12:50 AM
    Which android apps did you use that won't work on BlackBerry?
    Would you be happy with something like vim or are you looking for something more graphical and sophisticated.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 01:53 AM
    I'm trying to use droid edit which is great but can't link it up to my work dropbox successfully which is annoying.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 03:58 AM
    Thats a great app idea for the Passport. Adds another productivity angle for the wide screen device. Especially if devs can modify the contextual 4th row of the keyboard. Make it!

Posted via CB10
    Mansoor2 and BBRYQ10 like this.
    10-15-14 04:28 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Right now I am gonna make do with Web based editors.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mansoor2; 01-25-15 at 03:06 PM.
    10-16-14 01:20 PM
    I've been using Verbtex Pro, an android app for LaTeX which works really well.
    Has anyone tried the bb10 python app? I'm pretty new with python, and would like to learn how to install additional modules (like numpy).

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 07:47 AM
    I use BSSH Pro to program on the go.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 10:42 AM