Thank you from me to. You saved me.
    Is there by any chance you have a working Skype?
    12-02-16 03:41 PM
    Thank you from me to. You saved me.
    Is there by any chance you have a working Skype?
    Get the latest from the link below. I can personally vouch for its authenticity.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/skype/s...-apk-download/
    LyounMen likes this.
    12-02-16 03:54 PM
    Google Maps works fine from Snap.

Cobalt's looks great, but I don't like all the flannying around installing different bits and pieces. And I want less Google in my life not more.

10.3.3 isn't even worth the time or effort to download and install.
    anon(9906662) likes this.
    12-02-16 04:47 PM
    My copy of patched maps worked

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 05:07 PM
    Agreed.

Cobalt is ok, but not everyone wants to do all this installation nonsense. The less Google in your life, the better.

Google Maps works fine from Snap.

Cobalt's looks great, but I don't like all the flannying around installing different bits and pieces. And I want less Google in my life not more.

10.3.3 isn't even worth the time or effort to download and install.
    12-02-16 06:04 PM
    Apkmirror can be infected by viruses or apps that don't have the correct signature and have been changed. Use aptoide! It has an inbuilt antiviral program and it detects discrepancies between developer app and reconstructed apps

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 06:13 PM
    Agreed.

Cobalt is ok, but not everyone wants to do all this installation nonsense. The less Google in your life, the better.
    Holy smokes. You make it sound like having to build a nuclear reactor. It's 3 apk files to install one after the other, which takes about 2 minutes.
    ahhhlain and d6821 like this.
    12-02-16 06:51 PM
    Apkmirror can be infected by viruses or apps that don't have the correct signature and have been changed. Use aptoide! It has an inbuilt antiviral program and it detects discrepancies between developer app and reconstructed apps

Posted via CB10
    FAQ - APKMirror

What measures do you take to make sure all uploaded APKs are real and created by the respective developers?

All APKMirror.com uploads are verified prior to publishing.
    We make sure that the cryptographic signatures for new versions of all previously published apps match the original ones, which means we know if uploaded APKs were signed by the real devs or someone pretending to be them.
    a. For new apps that have never been uploaded to APKMirror.com, we try to match the signatures to other existing apps by the same developer. If there’s a match, it means that the same key was used to sign a previously known legitimate app, therefore validating the new upload.
    b. If we see no matches, we try to obtain and compare to a version of the same app from the Play Store or another verified location. If it’s a beta, we will try to get into it. If we can’t, we will attempt to contact the developer.
    c. If we’re unable to verify the legitimacy of a new APK, we will simply not publish it.
    12-02-16 07:06 PM
    That's great. How can we verify this? Aptoides safeguards can be verified in real time by using aptoide backups...I've noticed it detects malware faster than my installed antiviral program. Maybe apkmirror has its own safe guards...I'm not just conversant with it....just advising caution based on what was released in the news this week on the proliferation of infected android apps from third party stores

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 07:14 PM
    That's great. How can we verify this? Aptoides safeguards can be verified in real time by using aptoide backups...I've noticed it detects malware faster than my installed antiviral program. Maybe apkmirror has its own safe guards...I'm not just conversant with it....just advising caution based on what was released in the news this week on the proliferation of infected android apps from third party stores

Posted via CB10
    There is an element of trust certainly but APKMirror lists the signature so you can spot check any you want against the apk directly from the Playstore.
    12-02-16 07:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is an element of trust certainly but APKMirror lists the signature so you can spot check any you want against the apk directly from the Playstore.

The fact that Aptoides allows apps that don't have their trusted tag to stay on their servers is a big red flag to me. That means they don't have dev cooperation on their uploads.
    12-02-16 07:24 PM

The fact that Aptoides allows apps that don't have their trusted tag to stay on their servers is a big red flag to me. That means they don't have dev cooperation on their uploads.
    Not really. Aptoide uses user stores as repositories. And the ones that have been modified are grayed out and have been explicitly marked as such and you're Warned when installing those apps. I have my own store or repository on aptoide and all the apps that I have modified by cobalts method to work on my blackberry are stored in it as a backup. These don't match the original signature of the apps.

Apkmirror does not have dev cooperation either so that's a moot point. I'm not arguing about which is better. Just advising caution.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 07:38 PM
    Not really. Aptoide uses user stores as repositories. And the ones that have been modified are grayed out and have been explicitly marked as such and you're Warned when installing those apps. I have my own store or repository on aptoide and all the apps that I have modified by cobalts method to work on my blackberry are stored in it as a backup. These don't match the original signature of the apps.

Apkmirror does not have dev cooperation either so that's a moot point. I'm not arguing about which is better. Just advising caution.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I said. Anyone can make a 'store' and upload malware and if Aptoide scanning engine (who verifies how good it is?) doesn't flag anything then its fair game.
    12-02-16 07:47 PM
    Exactly what I said. Anyone can make a 'store' and upload malware and if Aptoide scanning engine (who verifies how good it is?) doesn't flag anything then its fair game.
    I've verified how good it is. I've uploaded apps that have malware and the engine caught it. Even ones that passed through avast. You can try and see for yourself. Download aptoide backup apk...create a store, try uploading an app that has been reconfigured or has malware. It's also open source. You can take a look

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 08:07 PM
    I've verified how good it is. I've uploaded apps that have malware and the engine caught it. Even ones that passed through avast. You can try and see for yourself. Download aptoide backup apk...create a store, try uploading an app that has been reconfigured or has malware. It's also open source. You can take a look

Posted via CB10
    Even they themselves say their scanning system is accurate to 95%. In January 2016 85% of submissions were flagged so the malware vector is huge for them. Yes Aptoide is attempting to prevent malware and I'd say they are among the safer app repositories, but their hosting model will prevent them from being successful.
    12-02-16 08:43 PM
    Wow. Mine is a 5.2.x. Do share the working viber apk for that 5.6.5 dude.

Attachment 413010

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    How can we configure Viber to receive notifications without having an active frame running?
    12-02-16 10:02 PM
    No, especially since Snap isn't fully working even with the new version 3.

Cobalt's Play Store also does stuff Snap doesn't/couldn't ever do (OBB data files, for one).
    Update: still doesn't fully work, but dev has acknowledged that 10.3.3 breaks Snap and will try to put out a fix:

https://twitter.com/RedLightOfLove/s...05243749990400
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    12-03-16 12:28 AM
    Cobalt 's Android Hub solution and keyboard solution were easy and worked for me. The BB10 solution is more than just adding three files. It was too complicated for me. It was the patching that I could not do. I think you need a PC.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 12:48 AM
    Yes my friend, but which version is the one that works with SE?
    The latest doesn't do anything except running.
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    I have version 6.1.0.16424 installed. It worked on Q10 and works OK on Passport so far.
    12-03-16 10:09 AM
    Recently jumped back to Passport from Priv. That's another thread story in itself. Trying to get Play Store working but have not had any success. I have downloaded the APKs from the forum listing, installed as per advisory.

My issue persists with authentication: I am unable to "Register this device" in "BlackBerry Google ID". Message that comes up is "Check-in failed: [ACCOUNT MANAGER REFUSED TOKEN REQUEST]". I have followed the YouTube videos asking users to go to App Passwords and have one auto generated especially for the device. Unfortunately, that has lead me to another dead end as Google Sign-in no longer provides the same options to do that as once did.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    12-03-16 11:42 PM
    Recently jumped back to Passport from Priv. That's another thread story in itself. Trying to get Play Store working but have not had any success. I have downloaded the APKs from the forum listing, installed as per advisory.

My issue persists with authentication: I am unable to "Register this device" in "BlackBerry Google ID". Message that comes up is "Check-in failed: [ACCOUNT MANAGER REFUSED TOKEN REQUEST]". I have followed the YouTube videos asking users to go to App Passwords and have one auto generated especially for the device. Unfortunately, that has lead me to another dead end as Google Sign-in no longer provides the same options to do that as once did.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    For that error I install the 9.77 apk and then the 4.3.3 apk. Works for me

Sent from my not quite obsolete beautiful BlackBerry Passport SE
    12-04-16 08:26 AM
    Will Cobalt his Google Play Services and Google Play Store patches work after upgrading to 10.3.3?

I also found this website called: playstoreblackberry.com
    Don't know how legit it is.... but it sure makes it look easy to use Cobalt his solution to the Google problem.

But from what I understand is that you have to patch apks even after all that?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 12:54 PM
    Will Cobalt his Google Play Services and Google Play Store patches work after upgrading to 10.3.3?

I also found this website called: playstoreblackberry.com
    Don't know how legit it is.... but it sure makes it look easy to use Cobalt his solution to the Google problem.

But from what I understand is that you have to patch apks even after all that?

Posted via CB10
    Works fine on 10.3.3.

Any app that requires Google Play Services needs to be patched on a PC.
    12-04-16 01:16 PM
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 01:20 PM
74 123