Hello all,

this message is mostly adressed to Unix users who are using their Passport as a unix terminal or "primary unix home"

Given the fact that we don't have the following keys:
    - ESC, ALT, CTRL (not even SYM)

- Gnu SCREEN and Tmux are not working as far as I know.

With Term48, my most used *advanced* key combinations are:

- M-E (ESC),
    - M-K/J (previous/next cmd in history with vi mode)
    - M-C C (CTRL-C)

on Passport, long press on <space> or going to the screen, tap inside hitbox, is very *time consuming* and I feel it affects my productivity. The Q5 keyboard is far more superior regarding this kind of questions.. but I like the big screen of the passport, off course.

Here are my questions:

- How do you get the best productivity when using the Unix command line on Passport ?

- Did you manage to install a terminal multiplexer on bb10 ?

- Which is your most appreciated combination key when using CLI on bb10 / Passport ?

Best Regards,

Olivier
    Last edited by berradicted_fr; 10-02-18 at 11:25 AM. Reason: update title
    10-02-18 09:24 AM
    I don't know what you want from passport. I only play music. Email. And community with blackberry user. Don't want too much from a dead device. I love the design type and keyboard.

Blackberry Passport silver edit 10.3.3 2137
    10-02-18 09:38 AM
    I don't know what you want from passport. I only play music. Email. And community with blackberry user. Don't want too much from a dead device. I love the design type and keyboard.

Blackberry Passport silver edit 10.3.3 2137
    Haha oki Passport is great for Email, Music, etc.
    And some people (including me) use it as a "Unix Terminal", that's the point ... and usefullness for tools like "Term48", "BGShell", etc.
    So the question is more about using Passport as a Unix Terminal(s) and be productive with this specific applications.
    10-02-18 11:24 AM
    Haha oki Passport is great for Email, Music, etc.
    And some people (including me) use it as a "Unix Terminal", that's the point ... and usefullness for tools like "Term48", "BGShell", etc.
    So the question is more about using Passport as a Unix Terminal(s) and be productive with this specific applications.
    I have been using Enpass as a clipboard with Term48.
    Sometimes Controll z10 with a z30 or classic with an HDMI to screen and bluetooth keyboard in that sense is good but Androids Termux is quite a bit better because you have permissions from the start. OneDrive with junctions into external storage are still accessible which is nice. Has anyone built Nodejs, or npm on a BB10?
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35676889

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-06-18 at 01:22 AM.
    10-02-18 09:08 PM
    OTG adapter allows plugging a keyboard and using it. Just a thought.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    10-05-18 08:19 PM
    Even better, you can connect a Bluetooth keyboard.

I typed this message using a Zagg designed for an iPad.
    10-05-18 10:32 PM
    Hmm external keyboard is a good idea, but combined with a bigger screen, too. I had the chance to try playbook with a keyboard, but was not so impressed.
    10-09-18 08:53 AM
    Hmm external keyboard is a good idea, but combined with a bigger screen, too. I had the chance to try playbook with a keyboard, but was not so impressed.
    Wireless isnt that good, the Z10 and Z30 have a mini HDMI port and the right screen ratio though which to me has been one of their best features, along with controlling the screen in a BBM chat. Its the keybindings that make a nice difference.
    Gets a little hot, I try to watch out for that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-09-18 at 12:15 PM.
    10-09-18 10:33 AM