I use the crackberry native app a lot. So, I'm wondering, in terms of battery life, is it better to close the app when I'm done and just reopen as needed, or should I just leave it open all day? Which way drains less battery?

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    01-23-17 05:08 PM
    I am pretty sure if will drain more batteries if they're opened compared to no app opened. I don't close my app and my batteries fine but it really depends on what apps are opened I guess.
    01-23-17 05:11 PM
    That would seem logical, but opening an app draws power, too. It's like ilding a car in a traffic jam. Should you idle, or just shut down the engine?

01-23-17 05:18 PM
    I usually have Remember, Calculator, Calendar and sometimes Pictures open all the time and found that they have little to no effect on batt drain. Granted I don't have any syncing going on with them (if that's even possible)..

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 05:28 PM
    Close apps if you are not using them.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 06:37 PM
    Close it you are not using them, it definitely helps save battery

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 09:15 PM
    Close apps as they are not in use.
    When left open tiles are active. When closed the app will be in its most inactive state.
    01-29-17 10:52 AM
    I use the crackberry native app a lot. So, I'm wondering, in terms of battery life, is it better to close the app when I'm done and just reopen as needed, or should I just leave it open all day? Which way drains less battery?

Good reason for small experiment. Keep Crackberry app on for a day and then check battery monitor reading. Charge the phone and keep Crackberry closed. Check again after another day. Results will speak for themselves.
    01-30-17 05:00 PM
    See... this is exactly why I think windows phones are terrible. All those live tiles syncing and flipping. It can't be good for battery life!

I generally close all apps on my BlackBerry when done. Except the 9930. I don't have a CLUE what it's doing, but apps there open instantly when pressed and never seem to drain anything if ignored while on. It's not uncommon at all for one charge on my 9930 to last me one week.

01-30-17 05:19 PM
    See... this is exactly why I think windows phones are terrible. All those live tiles syncing and flipping. It can't be good for battery life!
    Live tiles are actually designed to be battery friendly, they're not always updating so they don't use very much data or power. Windows Phone overall (at least with 8.1, I haven't used 10 as heavily) is generally pretty good with battery usage (the Lumia 640 is a great example).
    01-30-17 10:59 PM