I am on a wait-list for my Passport. With the Classic coming out soon, I'm starting to wonder if I should wait for it. I love my 9900 keyboard, tool belt, etc. Opinions on the pros and cons of each are welcomed. Cheers.
    11-22-14 01:41 PM
    I've owned many devices and not one of them ever gave me a feeling of how right the device is for me. Each time I pick up my Passport the "connection" with the device reaffirms the purchase as completely right! Coming from using holsters exclusively, I'm having to adjust myself to carrying the Passport, but completely worth it! If a person is a heavy phone & messaging user then Classic may be more appropriate. It really depends on a person's usage pattern.
    geekaren likes this.
    11-22-14 02:07 PM
    Passport. Classic is backward thinking. Passport is the future. BB10 is made for gestures, not buttons.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    GeoK likes this.
    11-22-14 02:22 PM
    Well "sir"....since you love the toolbelt, I would go for the Classic in your case. It will be a nice transition for you to the new OS with familiar hardware.
    11-22-14 02:36 PM
    I ordered 5 Passports. 1 for me and 4 for coworkers. We all will tell you the best phone ever. 2 were android users, 2 were iPhone users, and I was the only BlackBerry die hard. We ordered 2 classic for 2 other coworkers. I'm anxious to see the comparison when they come in. We live in rural Kansas of the USA. Our jobs are in agriculture. We use Satellite images, spreadsheet, many many maps,and price sheets. The Passport has made our days so much easier. Cut our laptops usage by 90 percent at least. We love the blend for when we are at the desk. Workwide app has also been a great app. A feature that is unexplainable how handy it is. I will definitely give feed back when the classics come in.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 02:56 PM
    Passport.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    11-22-14 02:57 PM
    11-22-14 02:59 PM
    I was waiting for the Classic but decided to pick up a Passport since my provider offered it to me for free. My plan was to get the Classic in December but I am enjoying the Passport so much that I feel it would be a downgrade to a smaller screen, even with the toolbelt that I have been missing so much since I passed down my 9900 for a Q10 about a year ago!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    11-22-14 03:01 PM
    Funny thing for me is I've been using full touch since the Z10s came on board, switched to Z30 as soon as that came in, now running with Passport but I do miss my Bold 9900 with using this Passport and physical keyboard more and more it's getting my Classic juices flowing, I have a feeling I'll be a classic owner as soon as they hit the gettem now ad goes up,then I guess my Passport might become someone else's property. My personal feeling on this passport to me is this is more of a professionals device than the average joe s device I'm sure I'll never use this Passport for what it really can do, but it has gotten me a lot of compliments from people just seeing this in my hands. I say bring on the Classic the sooner the better.

Via My amazing BBPassport
    11-22-14 04:00 PM
    As much as I learned to like my Passport after a couple of weeks, I'm still not sure it will be right for me in the long run.
    Just today I revived my Q5 to install and try 10.3.1, and man, did I like the smaller form factor, when putting in & out my jeans pocket, and the keyboard, with its classical layout & clickyness. And don't get me wrong, I became quite good on the PP's keyboard, and of course I enjoy its screen enormously, but I think, that for someone like me, whose focus is on communication and pocketability, the Classic might be the better option.

I am almost happy now that it's still some 3 weeks or so to go before the Classic gets released, so I have a little more time to think that over.
    11-22-14 04:57 PM
    I'm using a 9900 and I'm holding out for the classic - for whatever + I may very well be wrong but the passport still has no tool belt features and although it has potentially better specs I think I will be rewarded by putting my head in the sand and waiting in a very patient manner for the arrival of what I suspect will be the true successor to the BOLD 9900 - naturally I fully expect that it will be marvellous
    11-22-14 06:21 PM
    Passport. Classic is backward thinking. Passport is the future. BB10 is made for gestures, not buttons.
    Makes no sense. Passport is no more the "future" than a q10 other than it's size.

And, BB10 isn't specifically made for gestures any more than a 9900 was made for touch, as you can do most things with either a touch or a gesture, just as you can do with a button/trackpad. There are actually very FEW gestures in BB10, most operations are the result of touching a target, just like any other phone OS. And, the gesture....is by it's very physical nature.....SLOWER and requires more effort. Now, you may like a "future" of slower and more physical effort, but those of us who value every nano-second of the day don't want to be in that future.
    11-22-14 06:32 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Former Bold 9900 user... Passport is amazing!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 07:08 PM
    Passport, definitely.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 07:38 PM
    For me - Classic hands down. a few of my colleagues upgraded to the passport and i find the device to be bulky and awkward to not only hold but to have in my pocket or even belt clip.

as for those saying that the classic is a step backwards... it uses all the same gestures and features as the passport except its in a more 'normal' form factor and has the addition of the toolbelt, which i welcome back with open arms. i'm sure i'm not the only one who has had problems ending phone calls on the Q10 but that physical end call button on the Classic is going to make my life a little less stressful.
    11-22-14 09:27 PM
    I keep going back and forth on this question. I can see the strengths and weaknesses of each device. I would love to have the screen real estate of the Passport, but I really value the portability and compactness of my Q10, which is why I'm also drawn to the Classic.

Honestly, I'm sure I'd love each phone. But unless the Passport comes to Verizon, I'll probably end up getting a Classic.

Typed with much precision and clicky-ness on my Q10
    11-22-14 09:34 PM
    Does the classic have capacitive touch keyboard? Am not quite familiar with its specs. I found this to be the most innovative part of the Passport. If the classic has a capacitive keyboard plus the toolbelt, then there's no way that it's a step back. The screensize though would be an issue for me. Having the classic keyboard layout plus the toolbelt would eat up on the screen size.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 12:30 AM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Does the classic have capacitive touch keyboard? Am not quite familiar with its specs. I found this to be the most innovative part of the Passport. If the classic has a capacitive keyboard plus the toolbelt, then there's no way that it's a step back. The screensize though would be an issue for me. Having the classic keyboard layout plus the toolbelt would eat up on the screen size.

Posted via CB10
    ... no, only passport has that innovative keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 12:49 AM
    If I understand the unconfirmed spec rumours correctly, the lack of ground-breaking features like the capacitive keyboard, huge battery, Paratek antennas and 4 microphones, and other internals being similar to previous generation models like the Q10, most definitely do make it a step backwards from the flagship spec of the Passport, despite its more convenient form factor.
    11-24-14 12:58 AM
    I ordered 5 Passports. 1 for me and 4 for coworkers. We all will tell you the best phone ever. 2 were android users, 2 were iPhone users, and I was the only BlackBerry die hard. We ordered 2 classic for 2 other coworkers. I'm anxious to see the comparison when they come in. We live in rural Kansas of the USA. Our jobs are in agriculture. We use Satellite images, spreadsheet, many many maps,and price sheets. The Passport has made our days so much easier. Cut our laptops usage by 90 percent at least. We love the blend for when we are at the desk. Workwide app has also been a great app. A feature that is unexplainable how handy it is. I will definitely give feed back when the classics come in.

Posted via CB10
    I use my PP to view and manage customer appointments and their contact files. AND all of my co-workers communicate via bbm.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-26-14 01:25 AM
    I don't think the Classic is backward at all. It's another option for people want a more compact phone with a tool belt. I love my Bold 9900 so I understand the sentiment. I want the big screen of the Passport but was skeptical of the three row keyboard. Now that I have used it for almost two months, I have to say it's awesome. The wider keyboard is a joy for typing. I'm sure you will be happy with whichever device you decide to use.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    11-26-14 02:05 AM
    The pp capacitive layer beneath the keyboard is an astonishingly intelligent dual use of real estate...the pp is for me !!

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    11-26-14 02:13 AM
    I don't think the Classic is backward at all. It's another option for people want a more compact phone with a tool belt. I love my Bold 9900 so I understand the sentiment. I want the big screen of the Passport but was skeptical of the three row keyboard. Now that I have used it for almost two months, I have to say it's awesome. The wider keyboard is a joy for typing. I'm sure you will be happy with whichever device you decide to use.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    For those that invest time into learning how to maximize optimize their keyboard and device the passport is the greatest handset ever created to date.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 02:20 AM
    No passport, no classic- Z50 yes

Posted via CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    11-26-14 02:47 AM
    Classic, though I'm not in a hurry as my trusty Z30 is now my main messaging device for work. I'm attracted to a tactile keyboard coupled with a toolbelt. I don't think I would need such a big, wide device because I primarily use my iPhone 6+ for personal use and leisure.

Posted via CB10 | VZW Z30 on at&t LTE
    11-26-14 02:54 AM
39 12