07-06-17 09:31 AM
34 12
tools
    First I've heard of this. Unfortunately my Passport is working fine.
    Too bad! You'll miss out on your $10 gift card to BBWorld settlement. Of course the lawyers will make several million apiece, but that's how it goes.
    john_v and pgg101 like this.
    07-05-17 05:41 AM
    Sure enough... gliding past the "I doubt it's", Perhaps, the Maybes and all the other "really haven't got a clues"...
    Passport Delays.. Prompts Class Action Lawsuit.

Yep! If you're a traveller and have a Passport , perhaps this may be of interest.
    Attorneys representing travelers filed a proposed class-action lawsuit against the United States Department of State (DOS) claiming the agency didn't deliver passports to millions of travelers on time even after they paid an extra fee to speed up the process.

I believe this is of special interest to those who may have pre-registered, pre-ordered and even pre-paid for a device that had yet to be pre-tried by the public.
    And while, I'm sure, there are a few of you that would warn me(after the fact) that i should have read a bit more, I say to you.....
    It says, "Class action suit," Traveller" and "Passport". What more do i need to know!!!
    john_v likes this.
    07-05-17 05:50 AM
    Guys, you should really consider finding some hobbies.

Well, we do have more time on our hands......SINCE OUR PHONES DON'T WORK !
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    07-05-17 08:25 AM
    Well, we do have more time on our hands......SINCE OUR PHONES DON'T WORK !
    This thread is stupid. The Passport came out in fall 2014. No one has heard of this, any reception issues, and I doubt any Passport owner cares (I don't). Unless you are going to provide a source to this claim, Mods, should close this thread down.
    07-05-17 08:46 AM
    No problem with all mine.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 02:58 PM
    I received $12 when someone filed a lawsuit against Redbull because it did not give them wings. Funny as hell and I got all my friends to sign up for the claim, as all of us at some point in our life, drank one 😝.
    john_v likes this.
    07-05-17 05:33 PM
    I read class action. Are we back at school at play time?

This thread is stupid. The Passport came out in fall 2014. No one has heard of this, any reception issues, and I doubt any Passport owner cares (I don't). Unless you are going to provide a source to this claim, Mods, should close this thread down.
    Unless you were trying to make a joke, Loosing the Signals is a problem of the Passport and it has been discussed here in a few separate threads. The mods here surely have read those threads and know of the problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 08:43 AM
    I guess since I've never had that problem with my Passport, and people I know who use one, it doesn't seem like a huge problem to me.

But let's assume I'm a minority, and most Passport users have signal problems, what do you expect to get from a class action? A full refund? Not going to happen. Maybe $10-20 if you are lucky. It's not like the phone caught on fire.
    07-06-17 09:21 AM
    I did a quick google search and didn't find anything about a class-action suit regarding this. Going to close since there's nothing really to discuss - it doesn't exist, and good luck starting one.

The fact is, a class action for this will not result in a new phone for you. As I and several others have said, you'd be lucky to get $10-20USD while the lawyers will place their orders for new Mercedes.

If someone can bring definitive proof that there is such a class-action, then I'll be happy to re-open.
    pgg101 likes this.
    07-06-17 09:31 AM
34 12