Has anyone gotten the android citrix receiver to work well with the passport. I have seem to be having issues with the keyboard however works fine on both my q10 and z30

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 03:06 PM
    There is a citrix receiver app for BlackBerry. Have you tried it?
    12-04-14 03:42 PM
    Neither one work for me. Citrix is a must-have for me. If I could use citrix on my passport it would then be perfect!!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 03:51 PM
    I've tried the blackberry version on my z30 it works okay however for the passport it isn't available for download when I go to blackberry world
    12-04-14 04:53 PM
    I'm thinking that I might have to try to run it through a remote desktop link. However that seems like quite a bit of overhead.
    12-04-14 04:54 PM
    Citric for BlackBerry is air based and not available in 10.3 but the android version works extremely well

Posted via Passport
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    12-04-14 05:26 PM
    If just for PIM apps (eg Outlook) you don't need Citrix as often corporations like the one I am at will have a BYOD program for BB and also make available the app "Good" that performs the same role on iOS and Android.

For other stuff then yes, Citrix is great.
    12-04-14 05:31 PM
    Android version works fine for me as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 06:01 PM
    If just for PIM apps (eg Outlook) you don't need Citrix as often corporations like the one I am at will have a BYOD program for BB and also make available the app "Good" that performs the same role on iOS and Android.

I use to work for Rogers Wireless and their training modules were via and a lot of times it would crash. So not a big fan of using citrix.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 06:03 PM

Good makes a BlackBerry app?

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    12-04-14 06:28 PM
    Good makes a BlackBerry app?

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    No. I was just saying theirs connects to the same server as the equivalent one for bb. I requested both so we'll see if manager approves. Lol.
    12-04-14 08:18 PM
    My problem with citrix is I require it to login to patient records and the problem is with the keyboard and perhaps the software that the hospital uses. There always seems to be a transposition of my letters when logging on. It leads to a super slow experience this is on the android version of citric. This doesn't seem to be an issue with a virtual keyboard when I use my z30 but I'd rather use the passport. I wanted to try the native citrix for bb10 but it doesn't appear to be available for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 06:57 PM
    I was not able to find native Citrix receiver. Android one installs and I can use Web interface to log in but published apps don't execute. It seems that something is blocking the client from being able to open the Page. Like a popup blocker? I need to log into a published desktop in order to run putty sessions to work on servers. I only would do this in an emergency situation but have the need nonetheless.

Anyone know what I could try?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 10:37 PM
    Yeah. Install the receiver app. I haven't yet experimented with doing so on BB 10 but the key wording in your post is that you're logging in through the web interface. When you do that it tries to launch an .ica file which is then launched by Receiver. On iOS and Android you don't even need to use the web interface at all because you can use the Receiver app. Go to Citrix's page and see if there are downloads or a beta for BB somewhere.
    12-10-14 07:35 AM
    With the Sachesi app, I did download Citrix Receiver for the Passport. You need to choose one of the other devices though, since it is not technically published for the Passport.

There are scaling issues, but it will function.

It could be one of the BEST things on the Passport! With the precision cursor control and large screen - some published apps could actually be usable! Not yet... sadly.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 10:05 PM
    I have tried and I get even get into Edocs the system we use where I work, but once in the document I can try to type but the letters go randomly all over the place. Or I start typing and it will the jump and add the letters to the line above....so frustrating.
    02-04-15 02:09 PM
    I have the android version on my Passport (10.3.0) and use it to connect to my hospital's electronic medical record (Meditech) and it works well.
    02-04-15 07:12 PM
    Citric for BlackBerry is air based and not available in 10.3 but the android version works extremely well

Posted via Passport
    Which android version are you referring to? My organisation has Worx Home as the policy.
    04-21-15 11:06 AM