just wanted to give a heads up. I haven't had a chance to test but I expect that it should work. my app on the passport on telus just received the data file that cibc sends out in order for tap to pay to work. my experience is that they must have your mobile number on file as a mobile number in their system and wifi must be turned off while the app is open. you must be able to receive a data signal. just tell them you have bb10. ill give another update if tap to pay doesn't work later tonight.

Confirmed working!
    j_the_p and okanagan like this.
    11-05-14 01:15 PM
    So the CIBC mobile payment app is actually working on your Passport?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:02 PM
    That is correct. I'm on Telus with a Passport, NFC Sim and CIBC Visa. I was able to make a payment today at Save on Foods self check out.

At first it did not work when I called CIBC to register the app. Tech support refused to send the data code. Two weeks later I received a follow up call from customer service to ensure that I was happy with the credit card. When I explained my disappointment with not being able to use tap to pay, he kept me on hold for 10 minutes to look into it. He came back and explained that the issue was my cell number was not list in the mobile phone number field in their system. Transferred to tech support who successfully registered my card with my phone app. Now they will say that the Passport is not supported. I told them that it was BB10 OS and it would be compatible. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:32 PM
    Unless they make the process a lot more consumer-friendly this will fail like all of the other mobile payment systems. Up until now nobody has really made things easy for the consumer. Why should anyone bother when it's easier to use credit cards?
    11-05-14 08:56 PM
    I agree that the initial setup was a frustrating pain. They must want to confirm the user's ID, card and device. They also encourage a password for the app. I thought this unnecessary as I use picture password.

My experience using as a payment method is it was very simple, easy and I think faster than paying by debit. I also enjoyed the coolness factor and the I didn't know BlackBerry does that expressions on the clerk's face.
    bakron1 and frisco49ers like this.
    11-05-14 11:09 PM
    I'm surprised it works with th Passport, as the device is not listed in their available phones. According to CIBC, it's only available for 9900, Z10 and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 04:55 AM
    I downloaded the app and called in to get my number registered. The guys asked what phone I had and when I told him a Passport he said perfect, and that I'd get a text to activate in the next 24 hours.

OP, you say wifi needs to be off to receive the activation text?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:28 AM
    I downloaded the app and called in to get my number registered. The guys asked what phone I had and when I told him a Passport he said perfect, and that I'd get a text to activate in the next 24 hours.

Posted via CB10
    Can you please confirm if it works once you've completed an actual transaction ? I have it on my Z10 but have been waiting for the app to be available on the Passport before upgrading my device.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    They told me in about 5 minutes, which it was. The important thing is that wifi is turned off and that you can receive data on the mobile network. The app must also be open.
    11-06-14 12:13 PM
    Thanks. They never told me to turn off wifi. I just called again now and let the app open with wifi off, and the app activated 5 mins later. I will confirm if it works at the store.

Posted via CB10
    btolley likes this.
    11-06-14 12:49 PM
    Thanks. They never told me to turn off wifi. I just called again now and let the app open with wifi off, and the app activated 5 mins later. I will confirm if it works at the store.

Posted via CB10
    Brace yourself for the wonder and amazement on the clerks face; and the questions about your device.
    11-06-14 01:49 PM
    App has been pulled from App World for the Passport. I wonder why.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 02:37 PM
    I seriously wish TD would release this for BB10 devices. They only support the 9900. So frustrating.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    tg1 likes this.
    11-06-14 02:42 PM
    I seriously wish TD would release this for BB10 devices. They only support the 9900. So frustrating.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    I already had the App on my Passport when I loaded my backup from my Z10.
    Still won't work. Never got the activation from CIBC. App was open and wi-fi was off. If I delete the app, I won't be able to get it back because it's not available for download in BlackBerry World using the Passport. Guess I'm SOL??
    11-06-14 02:58 PM
    I talked to the CIBC techs several times after I did not get the text code even though I followed all the instructions (I'm on Rogers). They finally said that it does not work on the Passport and that they would pull the app.
    11-06-14 03:02 PM
    To get the app back:

Using Sachesi (desktop or phone version)
    Change device to Z10 or Q10
    Lookup ID 18559189
    Download/install

I did it from my device which seemed easiest (on Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016)

Now to get a proper NFC sim

Attachment 312660

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 03:11 PM
    Out Flipping Rageous! They pulled the app, wtf! As soon as one of the other banks gets online, I will drop CIBC.
    11-06-14 03:18 PM
    I talked to the CIBC techs several times after I did not get the text code even though I followed all the instructions (I'm on Rogers). They finally said that it does not work on the Passport and that they would pull the app.
    Work for me this morning. Had the app open and wifi off.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 03:32 PM
    Make sure that CIBC has your cell phone number listed in the correct field in their system. Otherwise you won't receive the authorization code.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 11:13 AM
    Did you install the app on your Passport from BlackBerry World, or was it installed from a previous backup when you got your Passport ?
    11-07-14 11:24 AM
    I keep calling CIBC and telling them what you suggested about the mobile number field and I'm still not receiving the activation on my Passport.
    11-07-14 11:45 AM
    I downloaded from BlackBerry app world. I also just used it for the first time today in Salt Lake City Airport. Quick and easy, very cool app. Passport+cibc visa+bell.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 10:46 AM
    App has been pulled from BlackBerry World for the Passport. Guess we'll have to wait until they make it available again.
    11-08-14 11:25 AM
    I'll try it on my Z30. Will extract the app from my Z10 using Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 11:32 AM
    I encourage everyone to write directly to CIBC Senior Executive Management and demand that they add support for ALL BlackBerry devices, specifically the Passport, Classic and Z30, which most of us have upgraded to.

I posted their contact information in the Reviews section of BlackBerry World for their Mobile Banking and Payment Apps, and it seems that they were deleted? If you want CIBC to support your new BlackBerry device, then write to them and tell them! If they don't know what the customers want, then we need to let them know. If enough of us complain and ask for it, then the sooner they will provide it.

The FIRST mobile payment in Canada was done using a BlackBerry and CIBC Mobile Payment App at a Tim Horton's.
    Very Canadian indeed! So why would CIBC stop supporting the MOST secure mobile devices on the market?

Pass this along to all your friends and family and ask them to write to CIBC as well. Thanks everyone!

Here is the contact information for the individuals responsible for Mobile Payment Innovation and Integration:

[email protected]
    Senior Vice President - Payments Innovation & Integration

[email protected]
    Vice President - Payments Innovation & Integration

[email protected]
    Smart Phone support team
    11-11-14 12:35 PM
76 123 ...