Yo quiero uno o dos!!! cuales seran las especificaciones de el dispositivo?
    06-21-14 09:57 AM
    Amazing!
    06-21-14 10:15 AM
    Too bad he didn't show off the capabilities of the touch sensitive keyboard. That is revolutionary and interesting to me. It could be a huge selling feature. I remember seeing a post when they registered the patent and thought.. that will be very cool.

Posted via CB10
    in not one picture or video has he been seen even remotely touching the keyboard.. its either going to have nothing special about it or something very special about it
    06-21-14 11:01 AM
    He hasn't showed the back of the device right?
    Is it showing in any other picture or post?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 11:08 AM
    Im startling to like the passport.

Posted via My Awesome Z10 | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    06-21-14 11:16 AM
    Looks small in the video

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a passport, the legal document kind? I just grabbed mine. It is not very big and fits into the hands quite nicely. The only thing that bothers me is the size of the keyboard. If everything fits into the size of the passport, keys on the keyboard may not be that big. Time will tell.
    06-21-14 11:30 AM
    Is there micro hdmi? I can't find any pics of the left side of either device.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 11:32 AM
    Good catch! Def not a Q10. Curious to what that is as well?

Posted via CB10
    its just a q5
    06-21-14 12:27 PM
    You tech guys, Chen keeps harping on the 1:1 ratio aspect of this phone. What does that do for me?

Is this something that is desirable for engineering/scientific work? If I am a doctor looking at x-rays or medical records do I want this type of display?

It seems like this is an important point. The qwerty keyboards all have this 1:1 ratio. It must be there for a reason.
    1:1 is the aspect ratio, meaning a square, many phones are somewhere close to 16x9 now like most new tvs and video shot which are widescreen. It seems to be thought that with 1:1 this is good for documents for business use, but I use my phone for those things and I always like using it in landscape to get widescreen usage out of it. I can't for any reason understand the 1:1 ratio still being used today, other tech sites are making fun of it for that, and I think it's silly personally. So with 1:1 you will never get full screen video, you'll have to zoom out to see whole pictures leaving half the screen wasted. I just don't get it.

Reminds me too much of the much laughed at LG VU
    Chen shows off Passport on BNN (video)-mwc-2012-lg-optimus-vu-hands-.jpg
    06-21-14 12:50 PM
    the thing with the vu though is there was no good reason justifying the shape, but with the keyboard on the passport, it makes a lot more sense and excuses the peculiarness imo.
    06-21-14 01:10 PM
    I'm a corrent z10,q10,z30,playbook owner and I believe that the passport is a excellent phone and I'll definitely will get it as soon is available.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:18 PM
    Really like the form factor. Will get lots of glances and questions that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:58 PM
    Attachment 279314

Posted via Verizon Z30
    The 'Hub' icon has replaced the 'Call' icon.
    Interesting to see how the os will slightly change with the hardware changes. I personally would go for the passport though.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 02:05 PM
    1:1 is the aspect ratio, meaning a square, many phones are somewhere close to 16x9 now like most new tvs and video shot which are widescreen. It seems to be thought that with 1:1 this is good for documents for business use, but I use my phone for those things and I always like using it in landscape to get widescreen usage out of it. I can't for any reason understand the 1:1 ratio still being used today, other tech sites are making fun of it for that, and I think it's silly personally. So with 1:1 you will never get full screen video, you'll have to zoom out to see whole pictures leaving half the screen wasted. I just don't get it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MWC-2012-LG-Optimus-Vu-Hands-on.jpg 
Views:	908 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	279471
    The keyboard phones use 1:1 for a couple of reasons. One, if you add a portrait 16:9 above a physical keyboard, you get an unmanageably long device. Remember that there actually WAS a plan for a BB10 slider at one point, the Milan, and photos of it with the keyboard deployed were a little frightening.

Second, a keyboard phone user, in theory, has no need to turn the phone sideways for landscape. Doing that with a longer physical keyboard phone might also be pretty awkward. APPARENTLY, the Passport WILL be usable in "landscape" mode, though, because the keyboard is relatively shallow.

As I've said elsewhere, remember that the resolution on this screen is such that it can present a letterboxed 1080 image, either horizontally or vertically. A vertically letterboxed 1080 screen would eliminate the app-scaling issues we've seen with the Q phones.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    06-21-14 02:22 PM
    To all who complain about the 1:1 ratio...
    By using the Z or iPhone, any samsung phone...
    What is please left from the 16:9 (better said 9:16) ratio screen when the keyboard shows up??
    Right... now you understand the point!
    Keyboard always present, 1:1 "flexible" display...
    I have a Q10... I do not play games, but I watch youtube videos. I never complained about the screen. The Passport's screen will be huge!!!
    One more row of shortcuts, more visible active frames and a sensitive keyboard to (maybe flick?) that's an absolute novelity in the Keyb-phones! (I already have a keypad for my PS3-controler and it works!!)
    So let's wait and see, then enjoy sth new!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-21-14 02:32 PM
    So it gets announced in September, when will it be released? November?
    06-21-14 03:17 PM
    Released in September!

06-21-14 03:18 PM
    Already presented (no big media presence), soon explained with specs!

06-21-14 03:20 PM
    Here' an Instagram Video of the Video!

TheScionicMan and Donvald like this.
    06-21-14 03:48 PM
    The classic is beautiful! But seriously the passport has class with a sleek design
    06-21-14 04:31 PM
    Passport for me ooooh I can't wait

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    06-21-14 06:32 PM
    Spec is awesome, but the name "passport" dosnt have an unic name for blackberry like othes blackberry, passport is a pass book for tourist to visit some country...huhuhu but however it has been announce as BLackberry Passport..I like the huge spec change..hope support many games and support android interface 4.4.* kit kat

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 07:00 PM
    I'm extremely excited for this new phone. I'll definitely be purchasing one on launch day. I guess the official launch date has not been released yet? I heard some time in September? I'm anxiously awaiting the launch of this device!
    06-21-14 07:18 PM
    Show us the back, Chen...unless it's not final.
    06-21-14 10:43 PM
    i want to see a white one LOL
    06-21-14 10:45 PM
118 ... 2345