Jangly volume keys.
    "Janglaaang, jangalaaaa'aaang" sorry couldn't resist. Really sucks to hear about this. That VP of supply chain needs to be notified and somebody from warranty returns somewhere needs a big smacking!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 09:06 PM
    Really? And your in the US? Pics or it didn't happen.
    Yeah, I bought it from BH Photo. I got a UK Passport. It also included a very cheap looking UK to US adapter (not converter) in a little plastic baggie (that I'm sure BH added to the box). I don't have any photos as I sent it right back to BH, but I'm sure you could call BH and they'd tell you they're selling international models of the Passport. They sell lots of grey market international photo gear, so I'm guessing this is no different.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 09:38 PM
    I feel that the title of this thread is misleading and deceptive. After reading the comments and feedback given its doesn't appear that Blackberry has the issue. This device wasn't directly purchased from blackberry and you used a third party vendor through Amazon. I too searched Amazon for a Blackberry Passport with the filter set to condition as new, my results revealed that the Passport is "sold by" a specific company and not by blackberry. I agree with you that you should have received a phone that was not in the condition you received it in but you are directing such anger and resentment towards individuals that had no control over the fact that a third party vendor sent you that phone. You're not saving lives, it a phone, chill out. Handle your business, return the phone, ask for a refund and purchase your passport via a carrier. Also, edit that title, it's deceptive.

Posted via CB10

Folks that are saying this isn't BlackBerry 's issue, lol what are you smoking at this point? Firstly this has happened to multiple people, the same exact thing, from people who did buy directly from BlackBerry, secondly find me another platform with people experiencing this. Get over it, BlackBerry is deplorable at direct sales even through a supplier.
    Poi25 likes this.
    06-22-15 09:43 PM
    Folks that are saying this isn't BlackBerry 's issue, lol what are you smoking at this point? Firstly this has happened to multiple people, the same exact thing, from people who did buy directly from BlackBerry, secondly find me another platform with people experiencing this. Get over it, BlackBerry is deplorable at direct sales even through a supplier.
    It's a testament to BB10 and PKBs that anyone puts up with BB's QC issues. I know I wouldn't put up with this from any other company besides BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 10:19 PM
    And scuffs on metal frame from what looks like a drop is from? Phone was on 10.3.0, so software wasn't upgraded.

I do agree with your points regarding aesthetics. Most of my device purchases are used because I don't care, but I bought new this time because for warranty after a previous experience. If I do decide to buy new, I expect the device to be new. I don't feel that's unreasonable.
    The scuff mark in the second to last pic? If so, next to the volume key and the corner, that is an odd place to mark in a fall... not likely. Something did it to the phone, not gravity. It's difficult to get a conclusive read on it.
    06-22-15 11:34 PM
    Don't be ridiculous now. There is NO perfect platform or device out there. Prove otherwise!

OP and few other suckers are being scammed by third parties and they are blaming BlackBerry. And yes, you get what you pay for. SMH.
    06-23-15 11:34 AM
    Don't be ridiculous now. There is NO perfect platform or device out there. Prove otherwise!

OP and few other suckers are being scammed by third parties and they are blaming BlackBerry. And yes, you get what you pay for. SMH.
    Brand new is brand new. Shouldn't matter that I payed a few bucks less from one seller over another. Just because one shops around for best price automatically means they "get what [they] pay for" if something happens?

I saved $50, it's not like I got the Passport for 90% off.
    06-23-15 11:52 AM
    Brand new is brand new. Shouldn't matter that I payed a few bucks less from one seller over another. Just because one shops around for best price automatically means they "get what [they] pay for" if something happens?

I saved $50, it's not like I got the Passport for 90% off.
    Listen, like it or not, life is too short for stressing. If you have tried something twice and it ain't working out, why continue trying or repeating same mistake. It's my humble opinion that you have two choices: (a) change you method of buying BlackBerry devices or (b) move on to other platforms where "purportedly" the grass is greener.

GOODLUCK!
    06-23-15 12:29 PM
    Listen, like it or not, life is too short for stressing. If you have tried something twice and it ain't working out, why continue trying or repeating same mistake. It's my humble opinion that you have two choices: (a) change you method of buying BlackBerry devices or (b) move on to other platforms where "purportedly" the grass is greener.

GOODLUCK!
    I love the Passport, just not loving the experience of getting one. Stop putting words in my mouth.
    06-23-15 01:04 PM
    Amazon customer service is very good, so just return the phone for a refund and give appropriate feedback to the seller.

I only buy BlackBerry products from Amazon or ebay sellers who have 100% positive feedback and offer no quibble returns as most BlackBerry products arrive defective due to poor manufacture and terrible quality control.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 01:17 PM
    The question is, since your experience and your reporting of it directly to BlackBerry, have they changed their processes? Maybe they have, maybe they haven't. This thread is basically saying that they haven't, which would be a huge disappointment. I'm hoping that they did and that it's the seller, or where the seller got the device from - shrink wrap from BlackBerry? That's odd. Maybe the seller found a cheaper source than BlackBerry. Everyone is out to save a few bucks...
    06-23-15 02:10 PM
    I love the Passport, just not loving the experience of getting one. Stop putting words in my mouth.
    Hey poi25,

Let us know when you get a replacement by Amazon. I want to know if Amazon carries old stock or not. Looks like you received manufactured back in December so I am very curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-23-15 02:11 PM
    Amazon customer service is very good, so just return the phone for a refund and give appropriate feedback to the seller.

I only buy BlackBerry products from Amazon or ebay sellers who have 100% positive feedback and offer no quibble returns as most BlackBerry products arrive defective due to poor manufacture and terrible quality control.
    Amazon does have great customer service. If it was just about replacing the device, then the OP would have just exchanged it, had a great experience with Amazon and be done with it. This thread is about telling everyone that BlackBerry is sending used, defective units out.
    06-23-15 02:15 PM
    Let us know when you get a replacement by Amazon. I want to know if Amazon carries old stock or not. Looks like you received manufactured back in December so I am very curious.
    It wasn't sold directly from Amazon, but "fulfilled by Amazon". I guess even though the OP didn't say it was directly from Amazon, some people reading through the thread obviously read it as coming directly from Amazon, which taints Amazon's reputation.

The device came from some other seller, which the OP has not named. Only Amazon is mentioned, which makes your conclusion that it's from Amazon very easy to understand.
    06-23-15 02:19 PM
    This is very entertaining to find out that Amazon has become more than an Auction house and more like a brick and mortar store ...on the web. This is rich guys please keep it coming!
    06-23-15 03:49 PM
    Yeah, I bought it from BH Photo. I got a UK Passport. It also included a very cheap looking UK to US adapter (not converter) in a little plastic baggie (that I'm sure BH added to the box). I don't have any photos as I sent it right back to BH, but I'm sure you could call BH and they'd tell you they're selling international models of the Passport. They sell lots of grey market international photo gear, so I'm guessing this is no different.

Posted via CB10
    I got the exact same thing from seller "Wireless Hub" on Amazon. The stock plug in the sealed box was European & a cheap US adapter was shipped along with the phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 04:36 PM
    Amazon does have great customer service. If it was just about replacing the device, then the OP would have just exchanged it, had a great experience with Amazon and be done with it. This thread is about telling everyone that BlackBerry is sending used, defective units out.
    Agreed, would also point out that out of the thousands of pounds I have spent on new passports, every one has had a fault.

I contacted Chen via linkedin and he had the nerve to have someone else contact me on his behalf. I have regular contact with people vastly more wealthy and influential than Chen, all communicate with me directly.

A fish rots from the head down.....

Our offer of support to BlackBerry is withdrawn.

Chen, you made a mistake in not having the decency to respond directly.

Blackberry.... 8 track cassettes and black and white TV.....

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 07:22 PM
    All of you software guys hate hardware. Doesn't matter if its a phone or a computer. Most software guys I know think they are better than the hardware techs. Thats been my fish head experience.
    06-23-15 07:30 PM
    I really don't know what to say about this. Maybe I'm being unreasonable (I sure don't think I am, but please let me know if I am)? I just cut the shrink wrap off of a brand new Passport I bought on Amazon to replace the double typer, and I was greeted with this:

• Loose, jangly volume keys
    • Scuff on the metal frame
    • Plastic factory screen protector with fingerprints, dust underneath, and lint? on the tab where you remove it
    • Very beat up box internals

Really, what the ****? Now I can see why Amazon pulled this item for investigation.

I might just have bad luck with this device

Attachment 358682
    Attachment 358684
    Attachment 358679
    Attachment 358683
    Attachment 358680
    Attachment 358677
    Attachment 358681
    I personally will not purchase another phone from Amazon! You may as well purchase one from Ebay or shopblackberry.com, at least you know what your getting. The devices from Amazon are a crap shoot. You get what you get and mostly what you don't want.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dphjeff; 06-23-15 at 08:18 PM.
    06-23-15 08:02 PM
    New Passport is perfect. Hooray.
    06-23-15 08:11 PM
    New Passport is perfect. Hooray.
    Congrats! Did you get it from amazon direct or via 3rd party? What was t he manufacture date on it? Please take some photos so we can verify it!
    06-23-15 08:39 PM
    Congrats! Did you get it from amazon direct or via 3rd party? What was t he manufacture date on it? Please take some photos so we can verify it!
    Third-party. DOM 11/14/14, Software Release 10.3.0. Came again with European adapter. I wish these sellers on Amazon would state that in the listing considering they're selling on the US site but oh well.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-23-15 10:23 PM
    Agreed, would also point out that out of the thousands of pounds I have spent on new passports, every one has had a fault.

I contacted Chen via linkedin and he had the nerve to have someone else contact me on his behalf. I have regular contact with people vastly more wealthy and influential than Chen, all communicate with me directly.

A fish rots from the head down.....

Our offer of support to BlackBerry is withdrawn.

Chen, you made a mistake in not having the decency to respond directly.

Blackberry.... 8 track cassettes and black and white TV.....

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    If you meant that sarcastically, ignore the rest.

If you contacted me over LinkedIn for a tech support issue instead of through the proper channels for Support, I would have ignored you altogether! Why should you spam him on LinkedIn for a non-job related thing? LinkedIn is NOT for contacting CEO's for personal support issues. SMH

The fact that you bring up Chen's wealth and influence makes you sound like a real ******. Chen talks with vastly more wealthy and influential people than you, so not sure what your exact point is.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    06-24-15 01:04 AM
    Wooooohhooooo, no double types and re-loving the sexy corners. The original was always so much better looking.

I think the typing is just fine on the OG. The AT&T is slightly better, but after months of use you get good on either one.

BlackBizzle my nizzle // SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.798 // Cricket Wireless
    06-24-15 01:16 AM
    Well, spoke to soon. I guess this one has the infamous "stain." It's pretty damn noticeable lol.

Check out this "brand new" Passport (BlackBerry, you have some serious issues)-20150623_232706.jpg
    06-24-15 01:27 AM
150 ... 3456