OP maybe you should change where and how you buy your BlackBerry devices. Your title is very misleading because it's not BlackBerry that sold you the product directly.
    I own a few BlackBerry devices and never had your purported issues. Maybe you are a very unlucky person. Something doesn't add up, whether it's intentional or unintentional, consciously or unconsciously.
    How and where I buy my BlackBerry devices? I went to http://www.amazon.com/?t=crackberry0...UvbUpU11736610, a global and authorized retailer of BlackBerry devices.

I typed BlackBerry Passport into the search box, then clicked the link, sorted by "New," not "Used" or "Refurbished," and then purchased the one for the best price.

I called BlackBerry Support over the phone prior to purchase, because of my last fiasco, and asked them whether purchasing a brand new Passport through another seller, but on Amazon would be covered under warranty. The answer is yes. See here:

Check out this "brand new" Passport (BlackBerry, you have some serious issues)-selleramazon.jpg

So I purchased it, and was greeted with the device in my first post. Now, my order was fulfilled by Amazon, meaning the seller's products are at Amazon and the warehouse takes care of the orders when purchased. Looking at the seller's profile, he has resounding positive reviews, and thousands upon thousands of them at that. So, I highly doubt he tried to pull a fast one.

Add on top of that this link that katiepea posted above: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11583852 and I am pretty sure BlackBerry is to blame here. Same thing happened before to someone else, and no, I didn't know about that situation.

I think the only thing that doesn't "add up" is the fact that I'm still giving BlackBerry another shot. Fooled me twice already, but if the one I get tomorrow has issues...3 times and I'm out.
    06-22-15 01:03 PM
    In a way Amazon is like apple. They are big enough to just slap a " ok we will cave in on any return request and you can even keep the bad product return policy" to keep the consumer coming back. But when things matter its " whatever just return it or just keep it and we will refund you". Is that how these third party get into filling these orders? Maybe everything is just a we don't care, just return it and we will refund mentality.
    06-22-15 01:05 PM
    Really? And your in the US? Pics or it didn't happen.
    The "brand new" one I got in this post has a European adapter as well. Wasn't notated in the listing.
    06-22-15 01:21 PM
    I always get my BlackBerry's from my service provider! If I ever have a problem (3 Q10s with dble type), they give me a free loaner! I received brand new phones, not refurbished or repaired, luckily, I am still on my first Passport since Sept! After reading horror stories re DR and now Amazon, I wouldnt dream of ordering one anywhere else. Just sayin

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    You are aware this simply isn't an option for many of us? Just sayin.

Richard
    06-22-15 01:45 PM
    How and where I buy my BlackBerry devices? I went to Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more, a global and authorized retailer of BlackBerry devices.

I typed BlackBerry Passport into the search box, then clicked the link, sorted by "New," not "Used" or "Refurbished," and then purchased the one for the best price.

I called BlackBerry Support over the phone prior to purchase, because of my last fiasco, and asked them whether purchasing a brand new Passport through another seller, but on Amazon would be covered under warranty. The answer is yes. See here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	selleramazon.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	255.9 KB 
ID:	358940

So I purchased it, and was greeted with the device in my first post. Now, my order was fulfilled by Amazon, meaning the seller's products are at Amazon and the warehouse takes care of the orders when purchased. Looking at the seller's profile, he has resounding positive reviews, and thousands upon thousands of them at that. So, I highly doubt he tried to pull a fast one.

Add on top of that this link that katiepea posted above: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11583852 and I am pretty sure BlackBerry is to blame here. Same thing happened before to someone else, and no, I didn't know about that situation.

I think the only thing that doesn't "add up" is the fact that I'm still giving BlackBerry another shot. Fooled me twice already, but if the one I get tomorrow has issues...3 times and I'm out.
    Wait... you bought it from a seller that has fulfillment by Amazon, not from Amazon directly? Why did you do that? Avoiding tax? Amazon sells the product too. Amazon doesn't inspect the product nor did the product go from BlackBerry directly to Amazon. Yes, you're covered by warranty and Amazon is good about returns, but you're still not buying directly from BlackBerry nor Amazon, both of whom you're holding accountable for what happened. The seller could be misrepresenting the product, which you've indicated that there's an ongoing investigation over that?
    06-22-15 01:55 PM
    Update: my latest replaced device has a problem ! Took 2 days to notice but apparently it keeps thinking that a headset is being put in and taken out at random intervals. Very annoying during calls.. BlackBerry sending a third device.

Gotta say their RMA is good with sending me devices..
    06-22-15 02:51 PM
    Wait... you bought it from a seller that has fulfillment by Amazon, not from Amazon directly? Why did you do that? Avoiding tax? Amazon sells the product too.
    After tax + Amazon's price, I was looking at nearly ~$75 more than the one I purchased. It's still being sold through Amazon and recognized by BlackBerry as an authorized sale. I research everything and thoroughly researched the seller. THOUSANDS of reviews over the course of 2015, 99% positive. With the sheer number of items the seller pushes through Amazon alone, not including their other online storefronts, I really really really doubt they tried to pass off a used phone as new. It wouldn't serve them any good, they're doing just fine as a seller.

Add to that the fact that this has already happened before with BlackBerry, through the official Shop BlackBerry website, pretty much seals the deal in my mind that it was BlackBerry. So yes, I'm going to blame them.
    06-22-15 03:17 PM
    This is what the trade off is when you unbox and upgrade software of inventory to make the out-of-box experience better. Sounds like the warm body hired to do this wasn't shown the kid gloves method.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BCITMike; 06-22-15 at 08:06 PM. Reason: box -> body typo fix
    06-22-15 03:20 PM
    I feel that the title of this thread is misleading and deceptive. After reading the comments and feedback given its doesn't appear that Blackberry has the issue. This device wasn't directly purchased from blackberry and you used a third party vendor through Amazon. I too searched Amazon for a Blackberry Passport with the filter set to condition as new, my results revealed that the Passport is "sold by" a specific company and not by blackberry. I agree with you that you should have received a phone that was not in the condition you received it in but you are directing such anger and resentment towards individuals that had no control over the fact that a third party vendor sent you that phone. You're not saving lives, it a phone, chill out. Handle your business, return the phone, ask for a refund and purchase your passport via a carrier. Also, edit that title, it's deceptive.

Posted via CB10
    Me2 likes this.
    06-22-15 03:24 PM
    I feel that the title of this thread is misleading and deceptive. After reading the comments and feedback given its doesn't appear that Blackberry has the issue. This device wasn't directly purchased from blackberry and you used a third party vendor through Amazon. I too searched Amazon for a Blackberry Passport with the filter set to condition as new, my results revealed that the Passport is "sold by" a specific company and not by blackberry. I agree with you that you should have received a phone that was not in the condition you received it in but you are directing such anger and resentment towards individuals that had no control over the fact that a third party vendor sent you that phone. You're not saving lives, it a phone, chill out. Handle your business, return the phone, ask for a refund and purchase your passport via a carrier. Also, edit that title, it's deceptive.

Posted via CB10
    No, it's not deceptive. This happened once already with a phone directly from Shop BlackBerry. Amazon is also a verified reseller as well as all the vendors who sell the products through Amazon, as long as they're new. The vendor in this case, as I pointed above, has thousands upon thousands of reviews and is a full-fledged business, not some dude reselling unknown devices from his garage.

They obtained the phone directly from BlackBerry and had it sent to Amazon's warehouse, where the fulfillment of the order takes place. So yes, this phone was directly from BlackBerry, and yes, it's BlackBerry's fault.

If this was the only case of this occurring, I'd be more than inclined to question the seller. But please visit the link posted a few replies earlier. It's pretty much the exact same situation as this.
    ConstantinoMorelli likes this.
    06-22-15 04:14 PM
    After tax + Amazon's price, I was looking at nearly ~$75 more than the one I purchased. It's still being sold through Amazon and recognized by BlackBerry as an authorized sale. I research everything and thoroughly researched the seller. THOUSANDS of reviews over the course of 2015, 99% positive. With the sheer number of items the seller pushes through Amazon alone, not including their other online storefronts, I really really really doubt they tried to pass off a used phone as new. It wouldn't serve them any good, they're doing just fine as a seller.

Add to that the fact that this has already happened before with BlackBerry, through the official Shop BlackBerry website, pretty much seals the deal in my mind that it was BlackBerry. So yes, I'm going to blame them.
    I don't think I'd blame BlackBerry. Unless I'm missing something you didn't buy one that says shipped and sold by Amazon. Whatever company that sold it to you, using Amazon, no doubt is the one to blame.
    06-22-15 04:16 PM
    I think we are missing something. Just saying.
    06-22-15 04:26 PM
    C'mon folks it's always BlackBerry fault. Now let's move on.

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    06-22-15 04:33 PM
    I think we are missing something. Just saying.
    And what is that, oh wise one?
    06-22-15 05:51 PM
    I think the thing alot of people still miss is that Amazon...no matter how high tech its put together is STILL AN AUCTION HOUSE. An organization of sellers just like Ebay. Yes I said that evil cover your *** word. Ebay! Like the app search for ebay, search for amazon. Same sort of deal here.

Buy at BH audio and video : )
    06-22-15 05:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    The title is incredibly deceptive. I positively agree, it should be changed to reflect the facts.

To the OP; it seems that you either are hell bent on finding faults with BlackBerry and/or the Passport and spreading FUD, or you are unwilling to pay full price for a Passport in which case you get what you pay for. Stop trying to find the cheapest deal and expecting the perfect device for pennies.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    06-22-15 07:52 PM
    The title is incredibly deceptive. I positively agree, it should be changed to reflect the facts.

To the OP; it seems that you either are hell bent on finding faults with BlackBerry and/or the Passport and spreading FUD, or you are unwilling to pay full price for a Passport in which case you get what you pay for. Stop trying to find the cheapest deal and expecting the perfect device for pennies.

Posted via CB10
    Am I? What about the other person who experienced the same exact thing? Last time I checked, $500+ purchase is not "pennies."

Where on this purchase receipt does it say I'm going to receive a used/refurbished phone? Thought so.

Spreading FUD? Nope. Putting 2+2 together...yup.

Check out this "brand new" Passport (BlackBerry, you have some serious issues)-untitled.jpg

It says new, so I expect new. The seller has thousands of sales in 6 months of the year, with 99% 5-star ratings. You're trying to tell me they have ANY incentive to try and scam a customer? Think they'd risk their name and reputation for one $550 phone when they're easily pushing a million + in sales per year? All they sell are new devices, but this one time they just thought, "Hey, let's get a used/refurb from BlackBerry and sell it as new"?

Use that brain of yours.
    06-22-15 08:00 PM
    And what is that, oh wise one?
    According to the title of your thread you indicated that Blackberry was responsible for this mishap and failed to provide a burden of proof that blackberry handled this at all in any of your responses. Therefore, you have lost creditability with me on this thread. As I mentioned before, it's deceptive and misleading. If your title indicated that the phone was purchased on Amazon I would more than likely have had empathy towards the situation. Therefore a deceptive title leads me to believe that you are being deceptive throughout the thread and not providing me with any proof other than an lesson on how the Amazon operational plan works and your experience with it. This has nothing to do with Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 08:13 PM
    Am I? What about the other person who experienced the same exact thing? Last time I checked, $500+ purchase is not "pennies."

Where on this purchase receipt does it say I'm going to receive a used/refurbished phone? Thought so.

Spreading FUD? Nope. Putting 2+2 together...yup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	358995
    I'd agree with his point of the title "serious" be overkill here.

Aside from the volume keys (do they work or not? If they don't, then the rest is moot), a one-off complaint about out of box aesthetics is FAR, FAR, FAR from a "serious" issue, relatively speaking to actual "serious" problems. None of those issues prevent you from using it effectively. In my experience, a one-off issue would only be considered serious if it was a first article for approval (pre-production).

It wasn't broken. It was just poorly handled in production. Look on the box and see if you can see a new label indicating a newer software version than when it was produced. These marks are likely from opening the box, upgrading the OS to latest and resealing.

At work, we regularly open sealed production units to upgrade the firmware, put a new firmware version sticker on it and close the box. The inside plastic wrap is obviously distressed, and there are obvious finger prints on the case. The box won't be beat up but we'll put a new branded logo sticker on the box to reseal it and you'll see the previous cut original sticker so they know its been reopened. Other people than regular, trained production staff often step in to upgrade units in a pinch, and they may not be wearing gloves or working on a scratch proof surface, or working too fast to give a crap about fingerprints.

How would we respond to a complaint of minor scratch and finger prints? "Does it still work"? However, these radios will be installed outdoors and will be scratched and dirty on day one, so the out of box aesthetics are fairly moot in my case. I know my phone would, so I wouldn't be starting a thread on this.
    06-22-15 08:20 PM
    According to the title of your thread you indicated that Blackberry was responsible for this mishap and failed to provide a burden of proof that blackberry handled this at all in any of your responses. Therefore, you have lost creditability with me on this thread. As I mentioned before, it's deceptive and misleading. If your title indicated that the phone was purchased on Amazon I would more than likely have had empathy towards the situation. Therefore a deceptive title leads me to believe that you are being deceptive throughout the thread and not providing me with any proof other than an lesson on how the Amazon operational plan works and your experience with it. This has nothing to do with Blackberry.
    Read the OP, first sentence states I purchased off Amazon.

Amazon and sellers selling BlackBerry devices on Amazon = authorized retailers of BlackBerry devices

Deceptive (adj.): giving an appearance or impression different from the true one; misleading.

Evidence:

Proof is not possible in this situation, because it is IMPOSSIBLE to figure out unless we had lots of time and money to research. If I purchased it directly through Amazon, you STILL don't know if it came directly from BlackBerry or if it was a return to Amazon that was by mistake repackaged and sold as new, or multiple other possibilities.

It's called using critical thinking and coming to a conclusion based on the present facts. I'm not being deceptive, you're being stupid. Based on what's stated, I believe this device came from BlackBerry; this isn't an isolated incident.
    06-22-15 08:23 PM
    Read the OP, first sentence states I purchased off Amazon.

Amazon and sellers selling BlackBerry devices on Amazon = authorized retailers of BlackBerry devices

Deceptive (adj.): giving an appearance or impression different from the true one; misleading.

Evidence:

Proof is not possible in this situation, because it is IMPOSSIBLE to figure out unless we had lots of time and money to research. If I purchased it directly through Amazon,you STILL don't know if it came directly from BlackBerry or if it was a return to Amazon that was by mistake repackaged and sold as new, or multiple other possibilities.

It's called using critical thinking and coming to a conclusion based on the present facts. I'm not being deceptive, you're being stupid.
    The lint on the sticker is likely from a cloth intended to remove the finger prints. I think you are just a victim of poorly handled old stock upgraded units.
    06-22-15 08:30 PM
    The lint on the sticker is likely from a cloth intended to remove the finger prints. I think you are just a victim of poorly handled old stock upgraded units.
    And scuffs on metal frame from what looks like a drop is from? Phone was on 10.3.0, so software wasn't upgraded.

I do agree with your points regarding aesthetics. Most of my device purchases are used because I don't care, but I bought new this time because for warranty after a previous experience. If I do decide to buy new, I expect the device to be new. I don't feel that's unreasonable.
    Me2 likes this.
    06-22-15 08:33 PM
    It says new, so I expect new. The seller has thousands of sales in 6 months of the year, with 99% 5-star ratings. You're trying to tell me they have ANY incentive to try and scam a customer? Think they'd risk their name and reputation for one $550 phone when they're easily pushing a million + in sales per year? All they sell are new devices, but this one time they just thought, "Hey, let's get a used/refurb from BlackBerry and sell it as new"?
    By the same rationale, why would BlackBerry want to risk their name and reputation? They need all the good reputation they can get.
    06-22-15 08:47 PM
    You just proved your thread title is deceptive. Your thread title is worded to intentionally blame BlackBerry as if they sold you the device directly. Then you also proceed to say/blame Amazon when in fact you later admit it was fulfilled by a seller other than Amazon, through Amazon.

Listen, I understand you're frustrated; but you're going about the whole thing the wrong way. In your first thread, it was your mistake to buy the Passport off Ebay and expect a warranty. In this thread, your mistake trying to get the cheapest price and expecting a superb and pristine product.

I'm not saying you're wrong. You have the right to be frustrated/disappointed/mad at receiving the product as you did? But you do not have the right to blame parties that have nothing to do with either of your situations other than producing the product in question. And this is what I and others have been trying to tell you.

And as I stated before, stop trying to find the cheapest deal; because you get what you pay for. If you haven't yet learned this; then consider this your first lesson. You could have spent the little extra to ensure your order was fulfilled by Amazon themselves and avoided this whole mess; just like you could have avoided the whole Ebay. So do yourself (and us by proxy) a favor either pay the little extra next time to ensure your order. Is fulfilled by Amazon themselves, or go straight to your carrier and buy it over the counter where you can complain on the spot if the device isn't to your liking.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 08:48 PM
    You just proved your thread title is deceptive. Your thread title is worded to intentionally blame BlackBerry as if they sold you the device directly. Then you also proceed to say/blame Amazon when in fact you later admit it was fulfilled by a seller other than Amazon, through Amazon.

Listen, I understand you're frustrated; but you're going about the whole thing the wrong way. In your first thread, it was your mistake to buy the Passport off Ebay and expect a warranty. In this thread, your mistake trying to get the cheapest price and expecting a superb and pristine product.

I'm not saying you're wrong. You have the right to be frustrated/disappointed/mad at receiving the product as you did? But you do not have the right to blame parties that have nothing to do with either of your situations other than producing the product in question. And this is what I and others have been trying to tell you.

And as I stated before, stop trying to find the cheapest deal; because you get what you pay for. If you haven't yet learned this; then consider this your first lesson. You could have spent the little extra to ensure your order was fulfilled by Amazon themselves and avoided this whole mess; just like you could have avoided the whole Ebay. So do yourself (and us by proxy) a favor either pay the little extra next time to ensure your order. Is fulfilled by Amazon themselves, or go straight to your carrier and buy it over the counter where you can complain on the spot if the device isn't to your liking.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with just about everything you said. However, I never blamed Amazon, I actually defended them. Based on the facts I gleaned from researching the seller and the other threads, I came to the conclusion that this was most likely a QC issue on BlackBerry's end.

If this was the only case of this ever happening, then I'd immediately point to the seller. The fact that it's happened before turns that notion on its head.

Title wasn't meant to be misleading, it was the conclusion I came to. Just as a title like "Double typing is a SOFTWARE issue" is a conclusion based on someone else's experiences. One could say that's misleading, based on X, Y, and Z.

Your post is spot on otherwise, and I'll leave it at that. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the Passport I payed for and get back to enjoying the device.
    06-22-15 09:00 PM
150 ... 23456