I really don't know what to say about this. Maybe I'm being unreasonable (I sure don't think I am, but please let me know if I am)? I just cut the shrink wrap off of a brand new Passport I bought on Amazon to replace the double typer, and I was greeted with this:

• Loose, jangly volume keys
    • Scuff on the metal frame
    • Plastic factory screen protector with fingerprints, dust underneath, and lint? on the tab where you remove it
    • Very beat up box internals

Really, what the ****? Now I can see why Amazon pulled this item for investigation.

I might just have bad luck with this device

Check out this "brand new" Passport (BlackBerry, you have some serious issues)-20150620_135455.jpg
    Check out this "brand new" Passport (BlackBerry, you have some serious issues)-20150620_135317.jpg
    Check out this "brand new" Passport (BlackBerry, you have some serious issues)-20150620_135708.jpg
    Check out this "brand new" Passport (BlackBerry, you have some serious issues)-20150620_135336.jpg
    Check out this "brand new" Passport (BlackBerry, you have some serious issues)-20150620_135556.jpg
    Check out this "brand new" Passport (BlackBerry, you have some serious issues)-20150620_135805.jpg
    Check out this "brand new" Passport (BlackBerry, you have some serious issues)-20150620_135527.jpg
    koolaje and Chrisd534 like this.
    06-20-15 04:10 PM
    Sorry to hear that....Any pics to support your post?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 04:13 PM
    My bad...pics did not show when I initially read the post

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 04:14 PM
    Sorry to hear that....Any pics to support your post?

Posted via CB10
    Updated
    Dafunkhead likes this.
    06-20-15 04:14 PM
    Updated
    Was the item sold directly from Amazon (regardless of the delivery option) or from a 3rd party retailer?

Posted via CB10
    kellyjdrummer likes this.
    06-20-15 04:19 PM
    Looks more like a horribly refurbished BlackBerry Passport.

Maybe it wasn't Amazon selling this product directly, did you also know that Amazon has other companies that use them as a venue?

Amazon has a responsibility to their customers, that's why this product or vendor is under investigation.

Post from my Passport or my Z30 or my Playbook
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-20-15 04:27 PM
    No you are not being unreasonable...If you spent money on new than you should receive new not refurbished. Send it back ASAP.
    06-20-15 04:29 PM
    Looks more like a horribly refurbished BlackBerry Passport.

Maybe it wasn't Amazon selling this product directly, did you also know that Amazon has other companies that use them as a venue?

Amazon has a responsibility to their customers, that's why this product or vendor is under investigation.

Post from my Passport or my Z30 or my Playbook
    If you read my other posts, I made sure to purchase brand new. I'm quite familiar with Amazon, I'm a loyal Prime member. If what you say is true why are there shrink wrapped refurbished devices being sold as new?

Check out this "brand new" Passport (BlackBerry, you have some serious issues)-20150620_142857.jpg
    snippingclouds likes this.
    06-20-15 04:31 PM
    If you read my other posts, I made sure to purchase brand new. I'm quite familiar with Amazon, I'm a loyal Prime member. If what you say is true why are there shrink wrapped refurbished devices being sold as new?
    I'am sure that is what the AMAZON investigation is all about.
    06-20-15 04:34 PM
    Since you're familiar with the workings of Amazon, you're representing this item as directly sold from Amazon, i.e. sold by them and not through some other reseller? That's what your post implies. Also, this item was marked as "new", not "like new" or discounted in any way, i.e. not an Amazon Warehouse deal?

The good news for you, this time, is that you have all the receipts and Amazon has great customer service. Return it for exchange or refund.
    06-20-15 04:49 PM
    Since you're familiar with the workings of Amazon, you're representing this item as directly sold from Amazon, i.e. sold by them and not through some other reseller? That's what your post implies. Also, this item was marked as "new", not "like new" or discounted in any way, i.e. not an Amazon Warehouse deal?

The good news for you, this time, is that you have all the receipts and Amazon has great customer service. Return it for exchange or refund.
    "Condition: New"

There are no options for new electronics sold through Amazon Warehouse deals. It'll be no problem getting this taken care of, it's just becoming quite a headache to get a working and new Passport lol.
    06-20-15 04:54 PM
    Weird because the passport does NOT come shrink wrapped.
    It has the two stickers on the box and the box is bare.

Also, don't hold your breath. BlackBerry's quality control is DISGUSTING.
    I had my passport replaced 5 times so far since buying in December. Doesn't bother me much but I will NEVER buy a BlackBerry without warranty, that's for sure.

For those curious :
    First passport has weird clearances, which I later realized they all have.
    Second had a bad volume up, no feedback
    Third got double typing
    Fourth (first refurbished) screen lifted after one day
    Fifth (second refurb) the volume up key is pushed in more than the other volume key, so it feels like you're clicking the metal frame when you hit it. Also it's much more loose feeling. I'm keeping this one for now though because I'm tired of replacing...
    06-20-15 04:55 PM
    Weird because the passport does NOT come shrink wrapped.
    It has the two stickers on the box and the box is bare.

Also, don't hold your breath. BlackBerry's quality control is DISGUSTING.
    I had my passport replaced 5 times so far since buying in December. Doesn't bother me much but I will NEVER buy a BlackBerry without warranty, that's for sure.

For those curious :
    First passport has weird clearances, which I later realized they all have.
    Second had a bad volume up, no feedback
    Third got double typing
    Fourth (first refurbished) screen lifted after one day
    Fifth (second refurb) the volume up key is pushed in more than the other volume key, so it feels like you're clicking the metal frame when you hit it. Also it's much more loose feeling. I'm keeping this one for now though because I'm tired of replacing...
    Ya. I sent my Passport for repairs 2 Times already and now its not working again and i decided not to sent it for repair the third time so i went to LG G3. Goodbye BlackBerry till the slider is out see how it turns out.
    06-20-15 05:33 PM
    I feel bad for the both of you. Amazon is good at replacing free of charge, that I know. I just hope you get your Passport love on. My heart goes out to you.
    06-20-15 05:40 PM
    Well I still love the passport. But I will keep using my warranty till the last day imaginable.
    Won't be switching to a garbage android anytime soon.
    06-20-15 05:44 PM
    "Condition: New"

There are no options for new electronics sold through Amazon Warehouse deals. It'll be no problem getting this taken care of, it's just becoming quite a headache to get a working and new Passport lol.
    If you did buy it from Amazon direct, not 3rd party seller, that's very disappointing. What's the blackberry manufactured date? It will tell you outside of box. Mine is 040615. Came with is version 10.3.1.2576.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-20-15 05:50 PM
    Bummer man, I would be choked.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 05:56 PM
    Something wrong here. That's not how Amazon does things.
    Dafunkhead and extisis like this.
    06-20-15 06:07 PM
    Let us know how you get on with warranty claim OP

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    06-20-15 06:11 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150620_142857.jpg 
Views:	4702 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	358688
    That's horrific that they sent this to you as new. +1 to everyone who says Amazon is investigating. Ugh. Sorry you have to go through this, I'd be completely pissed off.
    06-20-15 06:51 PM
    This is really ticking me off, Poi. You endured your defective device for a long while and this is the reward for your endurance?

No more Mr Nice Guy, man. Go to town on those fools. If I hadn't gone in to that Rogers Store and raised hell on my cousin's behalf, they might have still been jerking him around too.

Don't be afraid to get harsh with these people, they are obligated to help you. Take photos and evidence and present it to them. If they don't want to furnish you with a new device, tell them to furnish you with a refund instead.

-- Passport, Virgin Mobile (Toronto)
    06-20-15 06:56 PM
    I had gone through the same problem with my "red passport" from ShopBlackBerry. They weren't ready to send a new device before returning the one I had. I raised a complaint in BBB and a dispute with discover.

Got a call from blackberry Canada and they send a brand new device and I returned the one I had back to them.

If this one is from amazon, you can simply send it back and get another one. Digital River is not an ethical company and they don't know 'c' in customer service.

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    06-20-15 07:03 PM
    I always get my BlackBerry's from my service provider! If I ever have a problem (3 Q10s with dble type), they give me a free loaner! I received brand new phones, not refurbished or repaired, luckily, I am still on my first Passport since Sept! After reading horror stories re DR and now Amazon, I wouldnt dream of ordering one anywhere else. Just sayin

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-20-15 07:10 PM
    Poi, I have read your other double typing thread and know the grief you have already experienced.

It's looking to me like BlackBerry has lost QC control unfortunately. Their manufacturing partner has failed them.

I read another thread posted by a loyal BlackBerry user who has bought something like a dozen Passports, most with one defect or another. It appears to rampant.

I would like to buy a Passport actually, but for now I'm just going to hold on to my Q5(business) and Z30 (comfort) combo.

Instead of the Passport, I'm seriously considering the new Microsoft Surface 3 which could meet my needs for about the same cost. (but in my heart I'd like the Passport, but not a defective one)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by double_fault; 06-21-15 at 07:30 AM.
    06-20-15 07:11 PM
    I had gone through the same problem with my "red passport" from ShopBlackBerry. They weren't ready to send a new device before returning the one I had. I raised a complaint in BBB and a dispute with discover.

Got a call from blackberry Canada and they send a brand new device and I returned the one I had back to them.

If this one is from amazon, you can simply send it back and get another one. Digital River is not an ethical company and they don't know 'c' in customer service.
    While Digital River has its problems with customer service, what you wanted from them was unreasonable. They offered to replace it in two ways: 1. You return the defective unit first and they send you a new one. (This was unacceptable to you because you only had one phone.) 2. They take your credit card number as collateral, send you a new one and have you return the defective unit afterward. You wanted them to send you a new unit without submitting a credit card number as collateral. Even Apple only offers choices 1 and 2. They don't have a choice like what you wanted:

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-su...ersiw-en/#mn_p

Ultimately you got BlackBerry to step in, though it's unclear whether they asked you for a credit card number or not. Maybe they were nice enough to not require one, but it would be an exceptional case. They're not likely to offer that to everyone.
    cbosdell likes this.
    06-20-15 07:31 PM
150 123 ...