Hi guys,

I have been having some issues where my passport charging cord does nott stay in my passport very easily. Its loose and i have to wiggle it to charge sometimes.

I found an old charger which is either from a playbook or my old clam blackberry. When i plug it in it fits perfect and snug.

Will this charger wreck mypassport battery?

Any idea where i can just order a new passport cord to charge it(sorry i dont know what that specific cord is)

Thanks in advance.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    11-15-16 06:52 PM
    Just compare the old charger specs with the one that came with your Passport. Look for output volts and amps.

You can buy new ones at shopblackberry

Posted via CB10 - Z30 STA100-5
    11-15-16 07:24 PM
    I am using charger from my playbook to charge my Z30 for over 2 years without any problems and now I'm charging my PP ES for over a month without any issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 08:07 PM
    Thanks for the advice.

I will buy a new cable at shop blackberry.

11-15-16 10:08 PM
    I use the folding blade charger from my playbook as well. Have been doing so for the past five years. Actually charges faster as well. 1.8 compared to 1.3 or even 850 and 750 for legacy devices. I own 5 of them and actually just ordered 2 more on ebay

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    11-15-16 10:12 PM
    I have also used the Playbook charger for faster charging for years, this is why when I read talk about PP taking longer to charge I know it doesn't apply to mine.

When on sale, I also picked up a "quick charger"called Tronsmart from the Crackberry store which is as fast and what I also like about it is you can switch the cable for a new once it becomes flimsy, while the Playbook one is fixed.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 12:34 AM
    I have the folding blade plaaybook charger as well.

So no issues affecting bettery life using this charger?

11-16-16 12:39 AM
    Hi guys,

I have been having some issues where my passport charging cord does nott stay in my passport very easily. Its loose and i have to wiggle it to charge sometimes.

I found an old charger which is either from a playbook or my old clam blackberry. When i plug it in it fits perfect and snug.

Will this charger wreck mypassport battery?

Any idea where i can just order a new passport cord to charge it(sorry i dont know what that specific cord is)

Thanks in advance.

I recently purchased a Passport SE and these days the chargers are intelligent and they know how much power to supply.

I personally use an Aukey 3 port charger and it works well for me I also sometimes connect it TronSmart Desk 5 port charger which is quick charge and it works well.

I've notified that my desk quick charger charges my Passport quicker than official/Aukey wall charger.

Just make sure you pick some certified charged which has ability to auto detect how much load your device can take and it's safe.

This is my personal opinion.

BlackBerry Passport the productive workhorse.
    11-16-16 01:33 PM
    I have the folding blade plaaybook charger as well.

So no issues affecting bettery life using this charger?

No issues--charge away.
    11-16-16 02:43 PM