I have a feeling, that passport does not like every charger I use. For example original 1A charger from Nokia Lumia, passport is saying I should use the original charger and after a while stops charging. 850mAh original charge from q10 is ok, no message and charging. Ipad charge 2.1A I believe is fine. Belkin Car charger that suppose to have 2A does not give any message, but charging is very slow. Will try Samsung 2A charger and I have original BlackBerry charger somewhere. Will test. Anyone any observation?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 03:07 PM
    why not just use the charger that came with the passport?
    10-03-14 03:17 PM
    Well, 2 reasons. First, my UK passport came with uk charger with not replaceable socket. I bought adapter today, so will use it, but sometimes have to use different if the original not available. Second, I have to find something reliable for car charging.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 03:29 PM
    As I understand it there are different wires in the different chargers - some are better quality than others, some include a data stream and others only include the power. I'm guessing the phones recognize these different inputs when plugged in, and throw up a notification if the design isn't the same (within a certain tolerance maybe?) of the stock BB charger. I love the rapid charger that came with my playbook, bought a few of them for my various devices.
    10-06-14 10:10 AM