My charger doesn't charge at all when I plug it into the wall, it may show it charges for a second but then it completely stops and says can't detect it. I used a different cable with the brick, still wouldn't work. Now I'm using an old Blackberry charger which doesnt charge super fast, but it's working. What happened to my passport charger? It looks perfectly fine to me, how do I make it work again? Or do I need to buy a new one?
    06-23-15 03:54 PM
    That's a bit odd, but maybe yours is somehow faulty. I see you're on Rogers, you could try showing up at a Rogers store and asking the manager if he could swap you for a functional one.

Have you tried to determine where the problem is. Try at other outlets. See if the same cable works to charge from your PC, if you have one.

I would reset your Passport too. Can't hurt and sometimes surprises you and fixes odd issues.
    Hold down the top key of Passport and do not release. Ignore any onscreen instructions, countdowns, splashscreens, etc.
    After the red LED flashes on, then back off, let go of the top button and device will reboot.
    Did that fix anything for you?

Anyway, it is recommended that BB10 devices use charges with a minimum output of 750mA. My Z30 came with a 850mA charger, but I use a 1.8A BB premium charger (aka PlayBook charger) instead.

Any charger by BB says the output on it, although the writing might be tiny. A lower output charger will result in slow charging and possibly might affect battery health/longevity.
    06-23-15 04:24 PM
    PlayBook chargers are very inexpensive right now and work fabulously.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    06-23-15 05:15 PM
    Backup and rest your passport. Dnt know the mechanism behind it, but it does fixes bugs and device issues strangely. So I just use that old traditional method whenever I hv a problem with it.
    06-23-15 05:30 PM
    Are you having any issues charging your Passport with any other charger?
    06-23-15 05:57 PM
    Hard reset your Passport. This has happened to me several times recently. I have noticed when I check to see available memory it's pretty low for the Passport which I can't understand because the Z10 and Leap function well with on 2gig of ram. Whenever I experienced this issue my internal memory is between 600 to 800 mb. I hard reset and leave alone for sometime then plug it up its ok again. Not exactly sure what's going on inside but my phone otherwise has been rock solid. My first Passport had the screen lift problem which BlackBerry took care of at no charge. This issue has occurred more since the last update but performance wise the OS is great just the low battery issue and possible memory leak.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 06:25 PM
    What os are u on i've been experiencing this on my Z30 since the 10.3.2 builds...it charges properly when connected to my laptop

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 11:12 AM