Hello Everyone,

I'm kinda new around here, and always been a fan of Blackberry, but since android rocked so hard in the market, had to move out from a Blackberry Bold...

Now that everything has changed and evolved enough, I've been curious about BB10 and it's partial compatibility with android apps, and I'm thinking seriously about switching back and get a Blackberry Passport, but I have some doubts that I need to solve

I actually have to live on with 2 different google accounts, 1 for my personal things, and the other for everything related to work (I have appartments for rent, so I have to stay tunned 24/7 to AirBnB, Booking, etc...), so I would like to know if it's possible to configure 2 different google accounts, in order to use my personal account for things like games (usually Clash Royale and Hearthstone) and my business accounts for everything related to work (Booking Pulse and AirBnB), as in Android, if you have more than 1 google account in your device, you can choose wich one to use for every app that may need it to be logged in or something like that

I heard that the perk of installing Google Play Services and the Play Store has evolved a lot, but it seems that location services doesn't work properly, and the apps that needs of it does not work properly...

Also, I found out that Whatsapp will not have support on Blackberry very soon, and it's like a very big inconvenient...
    Is it there any way to go on working with it using the android version or something?

I feel kinda lost now, and got too much sick of android.... my LG V10 had an accident with watter, and even if it survived, I can feel it started to die slowly and soon will say good bye, so If I can't switch to a Passport, the only thing that can save me will be a Galaxy Note 7

Can anyone shed some light on my doubs? Or I'm just going crazy for trying to switch to a Passport so "late"?

Thank you very much in advance, for your help
    09-28-16 02:11 AM
    Doubtful there will be a work around for WhatsApp

You can install two different Google Email Accounts on the phone... but that's not the same as full Google Accounts on an Android.

BB10 is running the Android 4.3 Runtime... if you want Apps then installing SNAP or Cobalt's Google Play solutions are a pretty good option. But Android 4.3 is there years old and many Developers are starting to bump up their minimum requirements to 5.0.

Just don't think for most users going to a BB10 phone at this time is a good idea.... don't use apps, not need the PC based tools that once worked with BB10... it's will be "usable".
    09-29-16 03:30 PM
    I honestly don't think you are suited for a BB10 device. I use the AirBnB mobile website and it works great for me (just put a shortcut on the desktop) but I have also used the android AirBnb app (not as good but it works). Sorry, can't help you with games as I don't play them.
    09-29-16 06:02 PM
    I have multiple emails set up in my HUB. Works great. I don't have any experience with airbnb

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 07:38 PM
    Many of us are on the same boat, if my work depended on specific apps I would just get an iPhone or Android, the difference with those being which one gets hacked more easily. Since I think of iPhones as fashion accessories, which I don't use, they're out of the picture; but since Android doesn't inspire much confidence, I don't do any payments with them and revert to my trusty but clunky Macbook; not that any of these options are perfect, of course, we are still dealing in the "least bad" scenario.
    10-01-16 02:04 PM
    If you are looking for emails only, then in my opinion The Hub from BB is really a great thing as to have all communcations in one place.

BUT if the apps from AirBnB, Booking for example give you some advantages or any other flat rent apps you might have at the moment, then BB App World is not a good choice, unfortunately. Otherwise you will find yourself to go to the browser and log in into your account instead of just simply open the app.

Android has a lot of vulnerabilities, not talking about this now but you know that it has a huge selection of apps also. If you say 'Im sick of Android', maybe it was the phones you had so far? Maybe try another phone brand? Just guessing, I dont know you.

For how much Google play has evolved, its not native unless its on an Android platform and I presume it will always work better being native than side loaded. And many apps you seem to use, undoubtly you can find them in Android and iOS

I was trying to side load Whatsapp on BB Classic the other day and it didnt worked (preparing myself for December when Whatsapp will no longer be supported) so will try again to make it work somehow. But this is the thing as well. It is not sure yet if Whatsapp will work properly on BB after December as in, some people claiming that if the software detects is a BB, it will just not work; others suggesting to load Whatsapp with web.whatsapp.com on the browser. So these could be a solution, which I would interested in checking only when the app is no longer supported.

As in BB Passport, I think its a really good phone for texting, BBM/Whatsapp/Viber/Facebook messenger and emails. And of course reading emails on it its a delight.

But Im afraid, unless you are willing to trade the Android platforms with all the apps for BB Passport (great phone) but less apps, then maybe its not a good choice.

Then again, I do not know you, so this is just my opinion.

Maybe try another Samsung phone, some high end specs one. I personally prefer keyboard (physical) when typing emails but thats just a personal preferance. Myself would get the passport (actually browsing to find a used one at the moment) for emails, text but not apps. If for apps, would go for Android or iOS
    10-01-16 03:49 PM