Thoughts on this article from Passport owners?

This Is Not the BlackBerry You're Looking For - TIME
    10-15-14 04:38 PM
    I read this and basically it shows a person who have only stuck his feet half way into the platform. It seems like he maybe tested it a couple of days. Given that he never used a physical keyboard on a phone before, it would take longer for him to get used to it. Especially the feedback of "I repeatedly activated the text selection tool as I deliberately typed, which changed the focus of the cursor and thus the destination of my entered text. Frustrating."

I believe the Passport excels when you take the plunge and actually add in all your accounts to it. You will be surprised on how much it helps your productivity. Using it for a couple of days as a "work" phone doesn't really give the whole picture.
    10-15-14 04:48 PM
    "Moreover, the Passport?s keyboard has a secondary function: it?s a covert trackpad. You can swipe your finger over it to scroll through spreadsheets, navigate emails, and delete words. With a double tap, activate the text selection tool to precisely edit a document.

Once you find the functionality, it?s a novelty?then it wears off."
    Wow,.. the swiping, scrolling, editing and text selection enabled by the touch sensitive keyboard somehow gets thrown out the window as a mere... novelty feature?

I guess it's about as useful and relevant to daily use as Samsung's eye scroll feature.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 04:50 PM
    Article seems somewhat reasonable. The Classic will be the phone traditional BlackBerry lovers are "looking for ".

The Passport is something different. And that's a good thing. Like he says at the end. The Passport has garnered some positive attention for BlackBerry. Gotten folks talking about it for reasons other than the recent predominant doom and gloom articles.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 04:54 PM
    These "bloggers" are hilarious. They are so desperate to have a cool writing style or somehow incorporate themselves into the piece, that they create ridiculous vague expectations ("I need an aha moment") only later to reveal that a cool new feature met that expectation, but then declare it will grow old quickly...for everyone. Then finally declare they know what people...that they claim are a niche.....want.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    10-15-14 05:08 PM
    These "bloggers" are hilarious. They are so desperate to have a cool writing style or somehow incorporate themselves into the piece, that they create ridiculous vague expectations ("I need an aha moment") only later to reveal that a cool new feature met that expectation, but then declare it will grow old quickly...for everyone. Then finally declare they know what people...that they claim are a niche.....want.
    Agreed. It's become "cool" to bash products whilst attempting to sound educated and hip.

Posted via CB10
    James Blight likes this.
    10-16-14 02:17 AM