Have you ever worked in a factory before? Weed is the least of Blackberrys worrys. Hell, big three automakers assembly lines are full of drug addicts.
    Yeah its called:

http://dumpsterbunnies.com/wp-conten...tal_recall.gif

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 07:05 PM
    Well I decided to take my original passport to my local cell phone repair shop. I wanted to repair my screen lift issue I've been recently experiencing. The total charge would be $50. After a few hours I received a call that my phone was ready for pickup (backup work phone). I arrived and immediately the technician showed me pictures on his phone of my passport explaining the screen lift issue. ( will see if I can get these pictures from him tomorrow). He said the pictures show only adhesive on all four corners and very little! There were none along side the edges! The technician also noted that when the big square battery heats up, it will cause the corner adhesive to loosen, causing the screen to lift. He couldn't believe such a premium device was neglected in this way. Either way, he knew what had to be done. To remedy the fix, he used a special adhesive glue specifically for cell phone screens. He applied it all throughout the square frame where the screen rests. Applied the screen back to the square frame and let dry for a few hours with 4 small clamps to hold it in place. Now my passport screen feels more solid and it is fixed! I also notice it now has a little more weight which is a good thing, since now the entire screen is held in place flush throughout. A job well done and it is a shame that Blackberry didn't address this small detail in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    No manufacturing process has 100% perfect product. Why criticize BB as if they knew that particular phone had a defect but sold it anyway. It sounds as if there was enough adhesive to get out the door but not enough to hold up to handling and heat in the field.
    03-31-16 07:06 PM
    No manufacturing process has 100% perfect product. Why criticize BB as if they knew that particular phone had a defect but sold it anyway. It sounds as if there was enough adhesive to get out the door but not enough to hold up to handling and heat in the field.
    Why criticize Blackberry? Come on this is a big business company we are talking about and without criticism how are they going to learn from their errors or mistakes?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 07:11 PM
    Why criticize Blackberry? Come on this is a big business company we are talking about and without criticism how are they going to learn from their errors or mistakes?

Posted via CB10
    In reply to ur reply. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LL u a silly goose! I'll end u some money so u can afford cable TV to better waste ur time expecting perfection in an imperfect world.
    03-31-16 07:17 PM
    In reply to ur reply. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LL u a silly goose! I'll end u some money so u can afford cable TV to better waste ur time expecting perfection in an imperfect world.
    I never mentioned perfection but Blackberry should at least acknowledge the screen lift issue and own up. For example, Apple has set the standard in regards for customer remedial issues because they will address their product flaws with a free bumper or a quick software patch release. Blackberry? Nada.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 07:33 PM
    And I will never have a screen lift issue again. Not a bad investment and that is why there are services out there to remedy these issues. I'm not going to open up my phone and risk in damaging it and lose hundreds. I think I rather pay the $50 and save some Benjamins...

Posted via CB10
    if your not a hands on type of person then i guess its a good investment. im also pretty sure that all he had to do was put a heat gun on it and pull it apart.
    sesp9 likes this.
    03-31-16 07:47 PM
    I never mentioned perfection but Blackberry should at least acknowledge the screen lift issue and own up. For example, Apple has set the standard in regards for customer remedial issues because they will address their product flaws with a free bumper or a quick software patch release. Blackberry? Nada.

Posted via CB10
    uh oh you said the "A" word the mother of all curse words in a bb forum. i will agree though their customer service is top notch.
    sesp9 likes this.
    03-31-16 07:50 PM
    And I will never have a screen lift issue again. Not a bad investment and that is why there are services out there to remedy these issues. I'm not going to open up my phone and risk in damaging it and lose hundreds. I think I rather pay the $50 and save some Benjamins...

Posted via CB10
    Bet...

Posted via Passport running 10.3.2.2876
    03-31-16 07:54 PM
    Thanks OP.

Cool thread. Help and discussion=bashing
    04-01-16 01:31 AM
    What is the point of your post? "Hey, glue everywhere is better than glue along the corners" Jesus christ.
    04-01-16 01:32 AM
    What is the point of your post? "Hey, glue everywhere is better than glue along the corners" Jesus christ.
    Wayne the point of the post is no more screen lift. It has been 2 days now and my original passport is back! Better than ever. Jesus christ would of agreed because he would of been pissed off if he couldn't post his sermons with his Passport with the screen lift issue. Thank God it is over...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 05:49 AM
    Let us know if the screen cracks now that it is glued solid

Posted via SilverSlab
    It's not. See it like molted glue.
    04-01-16 09:20 AM
37 12