Well I decided to take my original passport to my local cell phone repair shop. I wanted to repair my screen lift issue I've been recently experiencing. The total charge would be $50. After a few hours I received a call that my phone was ready for pickup (backup work phone). I arrived and immediately the technician showed me pictures on his phone of my passport explaining the screen lift issue. ( will see if I can get these pictures from him tomorrow). He said the pictures show only adhesive on all four corners and very little! There were none along side the edges! The technician also noted that when the big square battery heats up, it will cause the corner adhesive to loosen, causing the screen to lift. He couldn't believe such a premium device was neglected in this way. Either way, he knew what had to be done. To remedy the fix, he used a special adhesive glue specifically for cell phone screens. He applied it all throughout the square frame where the screen rests. Applied the screen back to the square frame and let dry for a few hours with 4 small clamps to hold it in place. Now my passport screen feels more solid and it is fixed! I also notice it now has a little more weight which is a good thing, since now the entire screen is held in place flush throughout. A job well done and it is a shame that Blackberry didn't address this small detail in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    03-30-16 09:46 PM
    Pure Bull****! Our other business repairs phones. All of them esp samsung use a similar slim double side tape to hold the screen. Many samsungs have the same problem holding the screen down.The problem is that manufactures do not have the balls to use a sturdy glue or more robust fixing tape. You got fed a line of crap. Want use super glue and never be able to take it apart? Go right ahead mister.
    03-30-16 09:53 PM
    Pure Bull****! Our other business repairs phones. All of them esp samsung use a similar slim double side tape to hold the screen. Many samsungs have the same problem holding the screen down. You got fed a line of crap. Want use super glue and never be able to take it apart? Go right ahead mister.
    That's why I need the pictures. I could care less if you don't believe me but I seen my phone in the pictures and there isn't any adhesive along the sides. Just the corners. Either way screen is fixed and I can put this issue to bed.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 09:58 PM
    Well I decided to take my original passport to my local cell phone repair shop. I wanted to repair my screen lift issue I've been recently experiencing. The total charge would be $50. After a few hours I received a call that my phone was ready for pickup (backup work phone). I arrived and immediately the technician showed me pictures on his phone of my passport explaining the screen lift issue. ( will see if I can get these pictures from him tomorrow). He said the pictures show only adhesive on all four corners and very little! There were none along side the edges! The technician also noted that when the big square battery heats up, it will cause the corner adhesive to loosen, causing the screen to lift. He couldn't believe such a premium device was neglected in this way. Either way, he knew what had to be done. To remedy the fix, he used a special adhesive glue specifically for cell phone screens. He applied it all throughout the square frame where the screen rests. Applied the screen back to the square frame and let dry for a few hours with 4 small clamps to hold it in place. Now my passport screen feels more solid and it is fixed! I also notice it now has a little more weight which is a good thing, since now the entire screen is held in place flush throughout. A job well done and it is a shame that Blackberry didn't address this small detail in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    What version of Passport are you referring to? Original? Silver Edition?
    03-30-16 11:29 PM
    I hope you never have to replace your screen cause that thing isn't coming apart. Or if it does it will likely do more damage.

Invest in a tempered glass screen protector. It's saved me on more than one occasion from breaking the screen.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    03-30-16 11:35 PM
    This is kind of not really good to be hearing. I am hoping that this only applies to the first version of the Passport, although I do recall another person here prying off the SE screen with a knife and discovering that there was only a thin strip of adhesive foam holding down the sides of the SE screen only.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 12:02 AM
    Lets call the mexico facility and request the build sheet instructions that tells the operator to apply tape just in the corners. if we give them your phones serial number maybe we can track down this employee of the month who assembled your phone.
    sesp9 likes this.
    03-31-16 07:58 AM
    It is not "super glue" where you can not remove at all. It's an adhesive paste which I should of made myself clear in the beginning. I asked him this very same question and he said it's very easy to remove the screen if ever needed with his cell phone tools and some heat applied to the adhesive. Obviously he has done this before. I also ordered a new battery which he will replace once it arrives. All I'm saying that there is another option other than using the quick fix of super glue which I was considering doing it myself or a professional cell phone repair technician to completely fix the screen lift issue.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-31-16 08:07 AM
    What version of Passport are you referring to? Original? Silver Edition?
    The Original

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 08:17 AM
    Cost cutting I guess.
    03-31-16 08:46 AM
    If you don't have Screen Lift(tm), it isn't a genuine Passport!

Posted via CB10
    gamegurl likes this.
    03-31-16 08:49 AM
    If you don't have Screen Lift(tm), it isn't a genuine Passport!

Posted via CB10
    I beleive that most original passports did receive the full amount of the thin adhesive film. Mine wasn't so lucky since I only had the adhesive on the four corners.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 10:49 AM
    Let us know if the screen cracks now that it is glued solid

Posted via SilverSlab
    03-31-16 10:54 AM
    I think the Silver Edition Passport has the adhesive applied along the entire lengths of the sides... but I could be wrong. I didn't see this for myself.
    03-31-16 11:04 AM
    This is a proof of poor performance from BlackBerry's QA department.

BlackBerry OS10 � It ain't over until it's over! White Passport...
    03-31-16 12:49 PM
    LOL! The title of this thread sounds like a click-bait article "YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT THE TECHNICIAN SAW IN THIS PASSPORT!"

First of all, what would make the flat screen want to separate so much from the flat frame of a smartphone? Second of all, if the screen wants to pull off that much, for whatever reason, is the answer to glue it down more firmly? Obviously, there is some force being applied that causes these two components to separate. Where is this force coming from and where is it now being applied?
    03-31-16 12:51 PM
    LOL! The title of this thread sounds like a click-bait article "YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT THE TECHNICIAN SAW IN THIS PASSPORT!"

First of all, what would make the flat screen want to separate so much from the flat frame of a smartphone? Second of all, if the screen wants to pull off that much, for whatever reason, is the answer to glue it down more firmly? Obviously, there is some force being applied that causes these two components to separate. Where is this force coming from and where is it now being applied?
    Some say it's a slight chassis bending. Others say it's insufficient glue or overheating. But we all agree: TECHNICIANS HATE HIM!!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 03:19 PM
    As the temperature of the cpu goes up the glue becomes more susceptible to this issue. I don't think this would be a problem at all if it didn't overheat. Or they could of just properly applied the adhesive at manufacturing level.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    03-31-16 03:59 PM
    I just sure hope that I never have this issue...

Posted via Passport running 10.3.2.2876
    03-31-16 04:51 PM
    and you paid $50 for someone to put a little glue and some clamps, man he saw you coming a mile away
    03-31-16 06:39 PM
    I trade phone very often and i had chance to deal with close to 10 passport and none of them had screenlift. Most of them were less than a year old though. I currently have black og and silver without screen lift issue. My og passport is like 1 1/2 years old.
    03-31-16 06:41 PM
    There is no way a group of engineers wrote instructions to tape just the corners of the phone. That was human error and stupidity. NO QA dept can fix that.
    03-31-16 06:51 PM
    and you paid $50 for someone to put a little glue and some clamps, man he saw you coming a mile away
    And I will never have a screen lift issue again. Not a bad investment and that is why there are services out there to remedy these issues. I'm not going to open up my phone and risk in damaging it and lose hundreds. I think I rather pay the $50 and save some Benjamins...

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 06:54 PM
    There is no way a group of engineers wrote instructions to tape just the corners of the phone. That was human error and stupidity. NO QA dept can fix that.
    I agree...but Blackberry needs to own up and weed out these mishaps before the finished product goes out for sale to the public.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 06:57 PM
    I agree...but Blackberry needs to own up and weed out these mishaps before the finished product goes out for sale to the public.

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever worked in a factory? Weed is the least of Blackberrys worrys. Hell, big three automakers assembly lines are full of drug addicts.
    03-31-16 06:59 PM
37 12