Has ANYONE heard/had a good experience with the trade in program? I was eager to utilize it but I have not hearing anything rock solid about the results of the program.
    A colleague of mine has used it without issues. Traded in his iPhone 5C for a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:26 AM
    It was obviously meant to draw some attention to the brand. I also wonder if it was targeted to the enterprise as much as the consumer. We read all the stories about some enterprises replacing the older BBOS phones with iPhones and dropping BES. Perhaps this is part of the push to regain enterprise, take the iPhone in for cash, sell them BES12 and Passports.

The CBC should have spent a bit more time researching this and maybe called some of the larger enterprises in Canada and ask if they took advantage of this program. For example, the Irving company that just converted from iPhones to BlackBerry phones and BES.

http://crackberry.com/ocean-capital-...solution-bes12

"Ocean Capital Investments will replace the majority of their iOS devices with BlackBerry's best-in-class QWERTY keyboard smartphones, BlackBerry Passport and the newly launched BlackBerry Classic."
    Last edited by robsteve; 01-07-15 at 09:50 AM.
    01-07-15 09:29 AM
    There are thousands of major headline she could have written about but she had to do a low blow article on a fellow Canadian company. This is the most desperate I have seen from CBC for a story.

To the world we do not treat our fellow Canadian this way especially at times when they are vulnerable. This is a poorly representation of Canadians.
    01-07-15 09:36 AM
    So is CBC saying that they have insider information of how many promos have taken advantage of the offer?
    01-07-15 09:44 AM
    Honestly I don't know what all the fuss is about. Marketing ploy or not, BlackBerry gets exactly what they want out of this, a handful of conversions and a boatload of press. There is nothing wrong really with the CBC article. They aren't bashing BlackBerry and calling something a marketing ploy isn't a bad thing.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 10:44 AM
    A colleague of mine has used it without issues. Traded in his iPhone 5C for a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Have they already received an email status notification for their trade?
    01-07-15 10:48 AM
    It's true that all Canadian media are Apple fans, right, left and center, including the Sun, the Globe and Mail, the Star, National Post. They all, like the Canadian carriers, belittle BlackBerry because they have no clue about technology. They all failed in math and science class. They like looks and form over function and Apple saved them with the Ipad.
    Apple knows the value of good media relations. It's a key ingredient to their success. BlackBerry didn't have a clue for the longest time.
    01-07-15 10:53 AM
    Honestly I don't know what all the fuss is about. Marketing ploy or not, BlackBerry gets exactly what they want out of this, a handful of conversions and a boatload of press. There is nothing wrong really with the CBC article. They aren't bashing BlackBerry and calling something a marketing ploy isn't a bad thing.
    CrackBerry readers will get their panties up in a bunch about this sort of thing. Obviously the promotion didn't go very well. BlackBerry would have stated otherwise.

I applaud this article as it brings attention to BlackBerry's frequent lack of transparency.
    01-07-15 11:00 AM
    Yeah read that, instead of just informing the public what BlackBerry was doing, they decided to ridicule the company.

CBC is going to loose a lot of young educated Canadians in the future if they continue to demonstrate a lack of respect for Canadian companies.

Posted via CB10
    Don't necessarily agree or disagree with the report... but because they are a Canadian news organization you feel they can't ridicule or question a Canadian company?

Sorry but thankfully that's not how the news works.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 11:12 AM
    Substitute the word Strategy for Ploy and it is a positive headline. Ploy (sneaky, underhanded, gimmick) has a very negative connotation.
    Doing a single marketing stunt does not make this a strategy. A ploy isn't necessarily negative. Sensationalist perhaps? Sure. Big headlines get big clicks, so this isn't any different than any other information outlet out there.

Posted via CB10
    robert_in_la likes this.
    01-07-15 11:25 AM
    what's CBC..?
    An extremely left leaning daily rag of a news media company, otherwise known as the Communist Broadcasting Corporation.

Publicly funded by Canadian Taxpayers.

It demonizes any political party except the Liberals and NDP and is quick to rip and troll all things Canadian, especially BBRY.

If the funding of this leftist organization were cancelled, it would founder in less than 3 months.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    01-07-15 11:45 AM
    Have they already received an email status notification for their trade?
    I haven't asked him explicitly, but he seemed very happy with how the whole transaction went, so I am assuming that it executed successfully in all respects.
    01-07-15 11:56 AM
    I haven't asked him explicitly, but he seemed very happy with how the whole transaction went, so I am assuming that it executed successfully in all respects.
    That's good to hear. I hope to have the same results.
    01-07-15 01:57 PM
    That's good to hear. I hope to have the same results.
    I hope so too All I can say is good luck!
    mge1201 likes this.
    01-07-15 02:52 PM
    The CBC piece is written based on anecdotal info and a Crackberry user (and unanswered thread). There is not news.
    01-07-15 05:03 PM
    Don't necessarily agree or disagree with the report... but because they are a Canadian news organization you feel they can't ridicule or question a Canadian company?

Sorry but thankfully that's not how the news works.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

That sentiment gets bandied about quite a lot. It's fairly ridiculous, IMHO, and practically unethical.
    robert_in_la likes this.
    01-07-15 05:34 PM
    der
    01-07-15 06:47 PM
    This is making me uneasy. I actually went ahead and sent in my iPhone 6 a few weeks ago. Really hoping for some good news or at least an update.
    A few weeks ago? I would hope that after you purchased a Passport you would have gotten the money after a few weeks.
    01-07-15 06:53 PM
    In other breaking news, the CBC has just learned today that the turtle retreating back into its shell was, as we have been told by credible sources on the ground, a safety ploy. Please stay with us as we cover this story.
    And tomorrow CBC will be doing an expose on cheap third world donut holes. Watch out Tim Hortons.

BTW, of course it was a publicity stunt. Did anyway on god's green earth believe otherwise. What a Duh.

Now I think we can applaud CBC for this crackerjack reporting. I think this makes up for failing to identify that sexual predator that roamed the Toronto head office for the last decade. It wasn't like they have 50 to 100 witnesses on that one.
    01-07-15 07:36 PM
    It was obviously meant to draw some attention to the brand. I also wonder if it was targeted to the enterprise as much as the consumer. We read all the stories about some enterprises replacing the older BBOS phones with iPhones and dropping BES. Perhaps this is part of the push to regain enterprise, take the iPhone in for cash, sell them BES12 and Passports.

The CBC should have spent a bit more time researching this and maybe called some of the larger enterprises in Canada and ask if they took advantage of this program. For example, the Irving company that just converted from iPhones to BlackBerry phones and BES.

Ocean Capital Investments replaces MobileIron with BlackBerry's Hosted Solution on BES12 | CrackBerry.com

"Ocean Capital Investments will replace the majority of their iOS devices with BlackBerry's best-in-class QWERTY keyboard smartphones, BlackBerry Passport and the newly launched BlackBerry Classic."
    Stop with the internet searching. Your making the CBC's underage tech reporter look bad.
    01-07-15 07:48 PM
    they are asshat of a company. and they call themselves canadian broadcasting corp?
    01-07-15 08:04 PM
    It demonizes any political party except the Liberals and NDP
    Posted via CB10
    You forgot the Greens. I'm always amazed at how much press they give the one MP for that party.

Regardless, I actually don't mind the CBC but losing hockey took away the # 1 reason I ever watched it.
    01-07-15 08:37 PM
    Guys, BlackBerry just want to get free press when it said about converting iPhone to Passport and it succeed doing that. Almost all the media was talking about it for awhile. The only people BlackBerry expected to convert are the professional ones who cares so much about their data hack. BlackBerry doesn't expect consumer to convert because consumer don't care about their data period.

I am so sorry but unless your phone is on BES or other MDM server, your phone is as secure as any other

I will say I am one user who cares about their data privacy. And i do agree that unless your a BES user your phone is as secure as the next, especially if you are using device encryption, vpn yada yada. But i will say this, and maybe this makes me a tad strange. But one of the reasons I stuck with my Blackberry and will be jumping to a new Blackberry soon, was when I compared the Privacy Policies between Google, Apple and Blackberry. And if you look closely, it does seem to me that Blackberry behaves more responsibly with customer data then perhaps the other two (especially Google obviously). Referring mostly to their policies regarding confidentiality agreements with third party's about user data....Just a thought, not important to many...but was important to me.
    dejanh and Nels like this.
    01-07-15 08:49 PM
    +++
    01-07-15 09:24 PM
    A few weeks ago? I would hope that after you purchased a Passport you would have gotten the money after a few weeks.
    Still no word unfortunately. Going on faith at this point.
    01-07-15 10:00 PM
79 1234