Yeah read that, instead of just informing the public what BlackBerry was doing, they decided to ridicule the company.

CBC is going to loose a lot of young educated Canadians in the future if they continue to demonstrate a lack of respect for Canadian companies.

Posted via CB10
    I'd think you're COMPLETELY WRONG on that opionion but you have a right to it.

Canadian Youth today - born and raised vs immigrated at young age or recently (under 2yrs - are More plugged into consumerism fostered by Netflix, internet, blog sites and their peers in the crowd and popularity contest more than EVER of our 10yrs under 50 generation before them. And yes classic Cable TV is there too. Remember their not growing up under 12 with BBS or being 15-18 with the birth of the Internet ... lol we're dinosaurs to them. They have an iPad, smartphone in their hands before 13yrs old. Remember what it was like watching Miami Vice and seeing that "Bag Phone" cellphone in the Daytona/TestaRossa?! how cool it was then and in just 4yrs after you where THE MAN if you HAD a cellphone, then the Motorola StarTac Flip phone (wrong name it was a clamshell; the Ericsson T28 World was a true flip-phone but I digress), and then finally the BlackBerry?!

Yea those days are gone but the importance of being popular, important or IN is specifically related to a Samsung/LG Android or iPhone/iPad now. This is their common denomenator.
    01-06-15 05:20 PM
    CBC...Canadians Bashing Canadians.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    Dave Bourque and TrueKulcha like this.
    01-06-15 06:07 PM
    Your right, I was thinking along the lines that you and I when looking for well rounded Canadian information would turn to CBC.

However CBC appears to spend little time getting to know local Canadian companies. They pretty much wait to see what Americans are reporting on and then just repeat it.

I bet you more than half the youth know what channel CNN is on over what channel CBC News Network is on.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 06:28 PM
    I haven't really followed much from The Communist Broadcasting Corporation, for obvious reasons.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 06:33 PM
    I'll have a read just for the user comments.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-15 06:54 PM
    You're unfortunately right, I abandoned the CBC as a news source several years ago. But the problem won't be solved by cutting funding, the problem will be solved by restoring funding and removing it from political interference. In the era of the Harper conservatives, shooting the messenger is standard operating procedure.
    From what I remember seeing the Liberals could do no wrong and the Conservatives were vilified. Either way it's a total waste of taxpayers money.
    01-06-15 07:29 PM
    Really does not matter why they ran the promotion... it had the desired effect.... lots of free PR... as for the CBC... "look at the source"......
    01-06-15 07:29 PM
    Didn't need CBC to tell me it was a marketing ploy. It put BlackBerry in the news.

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-06-15 07:54 PM
    I won't comment on that sycophantic , biased, egotistical, and incompetent corporation, but THIS made me wet my pants a little!:

ROTFLMAO!!!

PP
    01-06-15 08:40 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    CBC is trash and the biggest waste of Canadian tax dollars.. over one Billion each year... should be abolished but left wing liberals and others prop up this incompetent entity... sad really...

Posted via CB10
    530XI and jupiter8 like this.
    01-06-15 08:43 PM
    This is making me uneasy. I actually went ahead and sent in my iPhone 6 a few weeks ago. Really hoping for some good news or at least an update.
    SMH. So, six weeks and you've heard nothing......not even an email? Where did you send it? Christmas aside, you should have at least received an acknowledgement that whomever received your iPhone.
    01-06-15 08:47 PM
    I dropped it in the mail after Christmas. I just checked the voucher number on the BB trade status site and it says: Status: Open. Our records show that your Trade Up is currently in process. If you've purchased your new BlackBerry smartphone and submitted your refund details, the next step is to mail in your used smartphone with the required documentation. Once that's done, please continue to check back here for confirmation that we've received your old smartphone.
    Thank you for participating in the BlackBerry� Trade Up Program!

Not sure if that even confirms anything? I haven't received any emails.
    01-06-15 09:06 PM
    I had a note 3 and option of getting a note 4. I decided to get a passport. I'm not a big BB fan. I had the storm 2 before and had a horrible experience. I've had issues with the phone software crapping out and it's being worked on by tech support, but I think the phone is better than my android...
    01-06-15 09:13 PM
    you CBC-haters are so funny...stick with your non-biased Sun News
    01-06-15 09:14 PM
    I have just read the article and it is not as bad as described here.
    It's true that all Canadian media are Apple fans, right, left and center, including the Sun, the Globe and Mail, the Star, National Post. They all, like the Canadian carriers, belittle BlackBerry because they have no clue about technology. They all failed in math and science class. They like looks and form over function and Apple saved them with the Ipad.
    01-06-15 09:39 PM
    you CBC-haters are so funny...stick with your non-biased Sun News
    Would the CBC survive without any government funding?

I highly doubt it. Just look at the NHL TV rights fiasco. There's a few good articles that delve into the backroom decisions by the CBC on this subject.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 10:41 PM
    I dropped it in the mail after Christmas. I just checked the voucher number on the BB trade status site and it says: Status: Open. Our records show that your Trade Up is currently in process. If you've purchased your new BlackBerry smartphone and submitted your refund details, the next step is to mail in your used smartphone with the required documentation. Once that's done, please continue to check back here for confirmation that we've received your old smartphone.
    Thank you for participating in the BlackBerry� Trade Up Program!

Not sure if that even confirms anything? I haven't received any emails.
    Did you purchase tracking on the package? That doesn't sound like they've acknowledged receipt of the phone...
    01-06-15 10:43 PM
    what's CBC..?
    01-07-15 12:30 AM
    Unfortunately I did not purchase tracking. Really hoping for the best at this point. Don't know what else to do.
    01-07-15 12:47 AM
    Has ANYONE heard/had a good experience with the trade in program? I was eager to utilize it but I have not hearing anything rock solid about the results of the program.
    01-07-15 02:19 AM
    what's CBC..?
    Canadian Broadcasting Corporation

Basically, our most official news company.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-07-15 02:27 AM
    We here in the US have CBS,NBC,ABC and a few others in the alphabet soup. None are credible.
    Irish Blues and Omar Diamond like this.
    01-07-15 02:36 AM
    We here in the US have CBS,NBC,ABC and a few others in the alphabet soup. None are credible.
    CBC is comparable to PBS in the states and BBC in the UK.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:25 AM
    This is making me uneasy. I actually went ahead and sent in my iPhone 6 a few weeks ago. Really hoping for some good news or at least an update.
    Bet your glad you sent it via Registered Mail with Insurance....
    01-07-15 07:50 AM
    Aha! And that is where you are wrong! The winner of the next election will be the one with the most elected MPs. It has nothing to do with the majority of votes and in fact is very, very rarely reflective of the majority vote.
    chuckle... never said their reporting was accurate
    Last edited by vorpalz; 01-07-15 at 09:34 AM.
    01-07-15 09:23 AM
79 1234