They are saying that no one has taken the offer and that they couldn't find anyone who actuality changed from an iPhone to a BlackBerry Passport that was not already a BlackBerry fan. Anyone out there actually done this should contact CBC. Blackberry?s Passport for an iPhone trade-in deal a marketing ploy? - Business - CBC News

Brought to you by my Awesome BlackBerry Passport.
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    01-06-15 09:48 AM
    Yeah read that, instead of just informing the public what BlackBerry was doing, they decided to ridicule the company.

CBC is going to loose a lot of young educated Canadians in the future if they continue to demonstrate a lack of respect for Canadian companies.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 09:59 AM
    Of course it was a marketing ploy. I doubt anyone at BlackBerry seriously expected it to be a massive success in terms of numbers but rather a controversial decision garnered to get free press. I find it almost insulting that the CBC believes otherwise, I always thought they were a step or two above the regular press.

Guess not.
    kbz1960, So-sa, Fatboy40 and 3 others like this.
    01-06-15 10:02 AM
    This is making me uneasy. I actually went ahead and sent in my iPhone 6 a few weeks ago. Really hoping for some good news or at least an update.
    01-06-15 10:18 AM
    CBC has no credibility as a news/media source.
    Jian Ghomeshi cemented that fact.

Can't wait for the day all funding is cut to the CBC.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 10:29 AM
    Yeah read that, instead of just informing the public what BlackBerry was doing, they decided to ridicule the company.

CBC is going to loose a lot of young educated Canadians in the future if they continue to demonstrate a lack of respect for Canadian companies.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I will be the one who quits reading, watching, and listening to CBC news. This is such a stupid thing that they did while sucking tax payer fund. Will someone bother twittering these mor..?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 10:50 AM
    File this under duh. Privatise the CBC enough said
    01-06-15 10:52 AM
    Guys, BlackBerry just want to get free press when it said about converting iPhone to Passport and it succeed doing that. Almost all the media was talking about it for awhile. The only people BlackBerry expected to convert are the professional ones who cares so much about their data hack. BlackBerry doesn't expect consumer to convert because consumer don't care about their data period.
    01-06-15 11:03 AM
    01-06-15 11:08 AM
    I second that...the consumers don't care about security lol then you hear them say in the same breath , how they love to have privacy lmao and yet there using Anroid and iOS geez .....oh and windows lol

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:16 AM
    Objectively, how many people do you know that converted? I know one person. I don't see this as a negative however. As the article points out, it got people talking about BlackBerry. At the end of the day that's what matters. Not to mention, targeting the iPhone users makes the company look bullish and the product hefty. It was a win-win move.

Posted via CB10
    yasmar likes this.
    01-06-15 11:24 AM
    It was a inexpensive publicity stunt!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:26 AM
    In other breaking news, the CBC has just learned today that the turtle retreating back into its shell was, as we have been told by credible sources on the ground, a safety ploy. Please stay with us as we cover this story.
    01-06-15 11:35 AM
    I don't understand the hate for the CBC in reporting the obvious, not everyone who saw the hundreds of headlines about the original story may have the business sense to understand it for what it really was. Maybe be insulted that the CBC thought you might not be aware that it was primarily a marketing stunt, but otherwise relax.
    yasmar and Phone Guy 4567 like this.
    01-06-15 11:46 AM
    Not only was it a marketing stunt but CBC, love em or hate em, has just brought the story back into the forefront for those who may have missed the fact that there is a trade in.
    tg1, yasmar and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-06-15 11:51 AM
    Guys, BlackBerry just want to get free press when it said about converting iPhone to Passport and it succeed doing that. Almost all the media was talking about it for awhile. The only people BlackBerry expected to convert are the professional ones who cares so much about their data hack. BlackBerry doesn't expect consumer to convert because consumer don't care about their data period.
    I am so sorry but unless your phone is on BES or other MDM server, your phone is as secure as any other
    jmr1015 and robert_in_la like this.
    01-06-15 12:44 PM
    You're unfortunately right, I abandoned the CBC as a news source several years ago. But the problem won't be solved by cutting funding, the problem will be solved by restoring funding and removing it from political interference. In the era of the Harper conservatives, shooting the messenger is standard operating procedure.
    01-06-15 01:19 PM
    CBC has no credibility as a news/media source.
    Jian Ghomeshi cemented that fact.

Can't wait for the day all funding is cut to the CBC.

Posted via CB10
    You're unfortunately right, I abandoned the CBC as a news source several years ago. But the problem won't be solved by cutting funding, the problem will be solved by restoring funding and removing it from political interference. In the era of the Harper conservatives, shooting the messenger is standard operating procedure.
    Recoton and RyanGermann like this.
    01-06-15 01:21 PM
    This just in...
    CBC writes the ending of their news stories first, then works backwards to try and fill in the blanks.

They don't give a **** about proper journalism, they just want headlines and to cause controversy.

Their shifty marketplace show is proof of that, always so biased to the point they want to make.

Brutal...

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 01:29 PM
    Yes since the CBC and the conservatives are bff for ever. Get real lol. The CBC has no master other than its unions. If you want no political interference sell it and take it out of politicians hands. There is no way to have a government owned company that can't be influenced by said government.
    01-06-15 01:30 PM
    Of course it was a "marketing ploy." Offering excellent products is also a marketing ploy. Offering fair pricing is a marketing ploy. Offering fast service is a marketing ploy. Everything can be considered a marketing ploy.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    tg1, Irish Blues and alan510 like this.
    01-06-15 01:40 PM
    They are saying that no one has taken the offer and that they couldn't find anyone who actuality changed from an iPhone to a BlackBerry Passport that was not already a BlackBerry fan. Anyone out there actually done this should contact CBC. Blackberry?s Passport for an iPhone trade-in deal a marketing ploy? - Business - CBC News

Brought to you by my Awesome BlackBerry Passport.
    AH they discovered the hot water...
    Of course it was a marketing campaign.. and pretty successful if CBC is still talking about that!! Thanks for providing some more free advertising!!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 02:00 PM
    and next up on CBC news: "The winner of the next election will probably be the one with the most votes..."
    01-06-15 02:04 PM
    some guy from work chance his iPhone 6 thoughts because he had doubt to buy a new one for 900 euro with more memory . He also know I like BlackBerry 10 OS and he knwod how it works and he don't find it bad. So when he came at work to show his Passport I was suprised and he told me he drops his iPhone 5S and didn't buy the 6 because he liked my Phone and how it's worked . He also know it will fit into your jeans perfectly.

That's why he came by so often to check my Phone
    01-06-15 02:23 PM
    and next up on CBC news: "The winner of the next election will probably be the one with the most votes..."
    Aha! And that is where you are wrong! The winner of the next election will be the one with the most elected MPs. It has nothing to do with the majority of votes and in fact is very, very rarely reflective of the majority vote.

Posted via CB10
    yasmar likes this.
    01-06-15 05:15 PM
79 123 ...