People seem to complain about this a lot. Does it just not work? I downloaded the app for my bank today and it seems to work but I don't have a check to cash at the moment.

I wonder if it is a problem with attaching the photo? I have two work apps that have photo upload option and they both require me to take a photo and then upload it from the gallery. I suspect that perhaps some bank apps won't allow you to attach an existing photo.

Also, why is this such a big deal? Don't most people get paid via direct deposit anyway? I am self employed and do get a check sometimes but I don't mind going to an ATM.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 11:38 AM
    People seem to complain about this a lot. Does it just not work? I downloaded the app for my bank today and it seems to work but I don't have a check to cash at the moment.

I wonder if it is a problem with attaching the photo? I have two work apps that have photo upload option and they both require me to take a photo and then upload it from the gallery. I suspect that perhaps some bank apps won't allow you to attach an existing photo.

Also, why is this such a big deal? Don't most people get paid via direct deposit anyway? I am self employed and do get a check sometimes but I don't mind going to an ATM.

Posted via CB10
    How do you know its working if you have not tried it? Also not everyone likes Direct deposit.As me me, my bank apps work great and have no issue depositing check.
    10-10-15 12:34 PM

It will depend on your bank of course. Some banks will work when you actually do the deposit. Some won't work.

I think most of us do get paid via direct deposit, but then you always get little refund checks once in a while from different places. Or parents on your kids teams give you checks for jerseys, etc. Those are annoying, and it saves time (and saves the bank money!) if you can just snap those yourself.
    10-10-15 12:40 PM
    Wells Fargo used to work, no longer does though.
    10-10-15 03:44 PM
    Mine works fine (Tangerine)

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2789
    10-10-15 03:47 PM
    Looks like mine charges me 50 cents. No thanks. I really don't mind the ATM, plus I have them all over.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 07:12 PM
    How do you know its working if you have not tried it? Also not everyone likes Direct deposit.As me me, my bank apps work great and have no issue depositing check.
    Well, the app works and the camera interface opens. But I am going to wait and try with a real check.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 07:13 PM
    I've used tangerine for over a year for this with no issues.

Posted from by BlackBerry Passport
    10-22-15 09:45 AM