Hi all

Am in a huge dilemma as to which case is better for my silver passport: Flex case or flip case. Seeking some reviews & advice.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 03:17 AM
    That depends on your preference. I've never been a fan of flip cases, so I'll never buy one. I tried out the flip case that came with my SE bundle.....meh. I'm looking forward to seeing what companies offer for the SE as products are created.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    08-23-15 05:53 AM
    I don't use a case. It's a crime to cover up such a nice device.

I don't put plastic on my furniture either.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-23-15 06:13 AM
    The SE sports enough plastic already...

Posted via CB10
    bodjor likes this.
    08-23-15 06:18 AM
    The SE sports enough plastic already...

Posted via CB10
    Thankfully. Otherwise it would weigh a ton. It's the nicest looking and feeling phone I've ever owned. But it does have a reinforced stainless steel frame.

08-23-15 06:21 AM
    I used the flex shell for a week and then realized its sooooo much better without a case. The texture of the back is quite 'grippy'. I also put ghost armour on the screen.
    08-23-15 07:06 AM
    I'm currently using the flip case but I feel it gets in the way when typing. Ordered a pouch type case on amazon as I just want a case for protection when outing in pocket, car etc much prefer to use PP without a case.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 08:28 AM
    I'm using the flex case, I prefer naked but am scared of damaging it. I found the flip case to awkward to use.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:00 AM
    I am getting the Passport SE, don't plan for use a case, but I trashed my z30 screen yesterday after dropping the phone, worried about dropping my SE...

 Z30 
    08-23-15 11:02 AM
    I've been using the flex shell from my bundle for the past three days. I like the shape of it but it is too slippery at the back for my taste. Also, if I do use a case, I'd prefer it to protect the front as well. Not only from impact, but from moisture too (Rain, perspiration). So I'll try the flex shell for a couple of days and see if that does the trick. If not, I will order some sort of pouch, most likely, to keep it in when it is in a pocket or something.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:16 AM

I have the same dilemma. Ideally, I'd prefer no case at all. But the BlackBerry flip case for the PP came with the device in a free bundle, and is so well designed and protective that I'll put up with the extra weight and slight inconvenience. I've already dropped it once onto a relatively hard surface. Also, the back of the flip case is corrugated like the back of the Passport itself, so you don't lose that feel.
    08-23-15 11:27 AM

Totally agree. This thing is far to beautiful to cover up.

Further, I've used a case, at least on weekends, for most Blackberries I've owned since they were a bit slippery to hang on to and I couldn't trust myself not to drop it outside of office hours. The extra chin space and diamond backing on the SE gives me the confidence to go without a case.

The flipcase is nice but gets in the way of the typing and holding experience since you have to manage the flip part.

The flex is better imo since it is minimal and shows off the steel. However, as stated above I don't think I 'need' any case to cover any of the beauty.

I should add that when not in a suit jacket I use the OEM holster sometimes. It was a silly price but oh well.
    08-23-15 01:12 PM
    The flip case is amazing for me personally. I love the professional look and peace of mind incase of drops.

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-23-15 04:43 PM
    The flip case is amazing for me personally. I love the professional look and peace of mind incase of drops.

It does look great, I agree with you. It's just too cumbersome to use pounding out tons of emails imo. Reading content it's not so bad.
    08-23-15 04:55 PM
    It does look great, I agree with you. It's just too cumbersome to use pounding out tons of emails imo. Reading content it's not so bad.
    I'm not sure why the flip case makes writing emails so much more difficult for you. The cover folds all the way back flush with the back of the case, and other than the slight added weight,the typing isn't affected particularly.
    08-23-15 05:00 PM
    I'm not sure why the flip case makes writing emails so much more difficult for you. The cover folds all the way back flush with the back of the case, and other than the slight added weight,the typing isn't affected particularly.
    That's exactly how I feel. I am puzzled as to why anyone would find typing difficult with this knowledge alone.

08-23-15 08:18 PM
    That's exactly how I feel. I am puzzled as to why anyone would find typing difficult with this knowledge alone.

I find having to actually hold the flap while typing a lot of lengthy emails to be cumbersome and adding unnecessary bulk. I don't know how someone that uses it extensively for this purpose would find it otherwise. For short little texts I suppose it would be OK.

In any case, the device is so gorgeous and stable to hold I don't want to bury it in a book cover. If I break it I have insurance. Hopefully this won't happen if I keep it in a suit jacket or holster.
    08-23-15 09:54 PM
    Started with flip case (got both free in the promotion). Didn't like constantly opening it. Started using flex case and really began to like it.

As of last week, rocking it naked and it never felt better!

I chopped up an og screen protector and figured if I get a scratch on body anywhere it'll add character but knock on wood it hasn't happened yet.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    08-23-15 10:51 PM
    No case right now but I like the flex shell, though it offers very little protection on the sides and top and bottom.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:23 PM
    I'm using the Blackberry swivel holster. Don't particularly want to cover this beauty up.

Hi Ho Silver
    08-24-15 12:05 AM

May depend on how people hold phone differently, I hold PP in left hand & my little finger cradles below chin as I find this comfortable for me however it means the top flap of flip case gets pushed up so top right corner sticks up above phone & bottom right corner sticks out side forcing my right palm out so is a bit awarded.....thats me anyway....

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:43 PM
    Should say awkward.....see its making me type with errors

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:46 PM
    Just ordered the holster pouch featured on CrackBerry today. Hope it's not a pos.

08-24-15 01:47 PM
    I'm using this one:

Which case are Passport SE users using?-passport_hardshell_black_hb.png
    bodjor likes this.
    08-24-15 02:10 PM
    After your post I went to check and didn't see any featured case today, care to be more specific which holster pouch are you referring to? Is for the SE PP? Thanks!

Never mind, I just updated the app and saw the one you are talking about...

Just ordered the holster pouch featured on CrackBerry today. Hope it's not a pos.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:11 PM
164 123 ...