The Passport I purchased on eBay will be delivered tomorrow and includes an OEM BB Hard Shell Case. I never used a case on my 8700, 8310 or 8800. Do people use cases on BBs now??
    07-25-17 12:44 PM
    I go back and forth. Honestly, the Passport is built like a tank and the screen is unlikely to be cracked because of the quality of glass they use, so a case isn't all that necessary (unless you're unusually rough on your phone). But for me, I slap a hard shell case on it every now and then. It's more about changing the style and look of it than protecting it, but added protection is never a bad thing. Going naked with the Passport is definitely an option. I have dropped it a few times without a case and it still looks brand new.
    07-25-17 12:50 PM
    Is the OG Black a fingerprint magnet?
    07-25-17 01:11 PM
    Is the OG Black a fingerprint magnet?
    No but it starts to look dirty real fast, I suggest getting skin for the back if you don't wan't to be always cleaning it.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 02:57 PM
    My Passport SE is in some case (I have two) most of the time. Exceptions are at home desk or in other "safe" environments.
    07-25-17 06:16 PM
    use case. if you want it safe from dust or stone

 Passport SE - SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2163
    07-25-17 06:34 PM
    I had my Passport for 2 Weeks before I purchased a case. Now that I have the flip case (Stilgut) I prefer to carry my Passport naked. The case is extremely Nice.. However the Passport Naked is better!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 09:14 PM
    I never used a case on my Passport OG. Too good looking to hide its beauty. It is VERY drop resistant. Mine doesn't have any signs of wear after 2 years of daily usage.
    07-25-17 09:17 PM
    I've dropped my Passport twice. No screen crack. But there are scratches on it now.

One case I would recommend for it is the ringke fusion clear case.
    It's a very nice case. Only down side is it eventually yellows around the edges.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 09:37 PM
    Get a case, my screen was cracked after the first fall. The gass is not that good! It's glass! The BlackBerry hard shell case is great and give the Device a better look

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 09:12 AM
    The OEM hard shell was included with mine. Unfortunately it's white and will probably get dirty quickly.
    07-26-17 11:20 AM
    I've used my passport daily for a couple years now. Naked. No case. Just a screen protector film. It's seen many drops onto hard floors and even concrete outside with no problem other than some minor scuffing on the metal frame.
    Heck, my laminate floor in the house has a chip out of it from when I dropped my passport, and tried to save/catch it but fumbled and slammed it into the ground even harder!

Routinely around friends who complain about their broken iphone screen I will purposely drop it on the hard floor and pick it up unscathed to laugh at their weak ifails lol

Posted via CB10
    jjinal likes this.
    07-26-17 11:41 AM
    The OEM hard shell was included with mine. Unfortunately it's white and will probably get dirty quickly.
    Actually the white oem hard shell doesn't get the dirty looking easily.
    I had one before.
    I had to get ride of mine though, because it was causing screen lift in the corner of my phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 11:51 AM
    Actually the white oem hard shell doesn't get the dirty looking easily.
    I had one before.
    I had to get ride of mine though, because it was causing screen lift in the corner of my phone.

Posted via CB10
    That's not very reassuring. 😦
    07-26-17 12:04 PM
    I have been using oem hardshell ( Black or White) and a competing Brand of Otterbox which I find more durable, can't remember what brand it is though . Since I bought the Original Passport Day it came out.
    I only use cases when I am working and naked not . I think the Passport is BlackBerry 's BEST phone ever and think it could be still if they updated it.
    Myself I like it naked and find it feels better in my inside pocket of my jacket. When I pull it out it makes me feel like I am somebody when I know that I'm not . Kinda makes a statement.
    Oh I have never had any screen lift with any of my Blackberrys, but I did Crack my screen on my Z10 when the screen was facing the clip side of my leather BlackBerry holster, but it fell 10 ft. from a ladder to concrete floor. So I had to get a new screen.
    Last edited by Dragnet Sound; 07-26-17 at 12:29 PM.
    07-26-17 12:18 PM
    I really like the BlackBerry flip case. Kind of weird since it sticks onto the back of the phone but I think it works well.
    07-26-17 03:45 PM