Can't top this:
    Two BlackBerry phones were among the dozen cell phones seized from Michael Cohen's office, apartment and hotel room on April 9, according to today's New York Times.
    It would be hilarious if he didn't bother to set secure PWs.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-30-18 01:58 PM
    It would be hilarious if he didn't bother to set secure PWs.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    If like so many of the misinformed on CB, it was assumed that because device was a BlackBerry, it was automatically “more” secure, just because.......
    05-30-18 02:46 PM
    Maybe he had a dozen phones because he kept forgetting his unlock PIN.
    05-30-18 04:26 PM
    Can't top this:
    Two BlackBerry phones were among the dozen cell phones seized from Michael Cohen's office, apartment and hotel room on April 9, according to today's New York Times.
    They were probably collecting dust in the bottom of one of his desk drawers.

Sent from a Blackkberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-30-18 09:10 PM
    Thanks. So RIM never dabbled in the dual SIM world until these OEMs got into the action. Another perk of the licensing model!
    No, BlackBerry had a virtual SIM solution. As usual, not released to your usual consumer I think, just business types. I think I read somewhere you can have up to 9 numbers. There were some limitations, i.e. you can't have numbers from arbitrary carriers.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-18 11:29 PM
    Thanks. So RIM never dabbled in the dual SIM world until these OEMs got into the action. Another perk of the licensing model!
    Yeah, perk is a good word to use.

My guess is since TCL is Chinese and in Asia (I live in Vietnam) dual SIM phones are common place, it just made sense to incorporate that into their BB phones.

05-31-18 12:12 AM
    Yeah, perk is a good word to use.

My guess is since TCL is Chinese and in Asia (I live in Vietnam) dual SIM phones are common place, it just made sense to incorporate that into their BB phones.

Hey I'm Vietnamese! Although I was born in Canada. My parents came over during the war.

Do the TCL BB devices sold in Vietnam have Google Play services on them? Or are they blocked like in China?
    05-31-18 06:47 AM
    Hey I'm Vietnamese! Although I was born in Canada. My parents came over during the war.

Do the TCL BB devices sold in Vietnam have Google Play services on them? Or are they blocked like in China?
    Sure, Google Play Services is installed. No worries.

Sent from a Blackkberry berry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-31-18 09:11 AM
    I carry my AT&T Passport as my personal device. My work gave me an iPhone, but I took out the SIM card and put it in a KeyONE so I now use that as my work device. My iPhone I only use to listen to podcasts next to my bed when going to sleep! The PP is so great for reading web pages and typing out texts. The KeyONE is better on browsing more modern websites and videos. But, I hate typing on the KeyONE or trying to read documents or Web pages (not wide enough). Sadly, my PP is starting to show its age...less responsive and unable to render certain websites. I am using the KeyONE more and more, probably it is 50-50 now between PP and K1.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-18 12:09 PM
    I carry my AT&T Passport as my personal device. My work gave me an iPhone, but I took out the SIM card and put it in a KeyONE so I now use that as my work device. My iPhone I only use to listen to podcasts next to my bed when going to sleep! The PP is so great for reading web pages and typing out texts. The KeyONE is better on browsing more modern websites and videos. But, I hate typing on the KeyONE or trying to read documents or Web pages (not wide enough). Sadly, my PP is starting to show its age...less responsive and unable to render certain websites. I am using the KeyONE more and more, probably it is 50-50 now between PP and K1.

Posted via CB10
    My company sent me an iPhone too. Never turned it on, just pulled the sim and put in it my K1. Sent the IPhone back. I plan to ask them to buy me a K2
    06-02-18 04:33 PM
    My company sent me an iPhone too. Never turned it on, just pulled the sim and put in it my K1. Sent the IPhone back. I plan to ask them to buy me a K2
    Preach. My work sent me an iPhone a couple of years ago. I was a good sport about it and give iOS a fair shake so used it as my daily driver for two weeks. I could not rip the SIM out of it fast enough and put it back in the PRIV! IOS does not work for me at all.

I do however love my ipad, but that's just for Web browsing and streaming movies.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-02-18 04:46 PM
    I dual wield the Passport SE alongside my iPhone 7Plus with a TMO Digits line.

Two hilariously huge phones.

I feel like it's the best of both worlds.

I get communication and a huge screen for emails and other text heavy stuff I find important while also having a huge screen for any games, videos, or social media that I want.

I know the arrangement isn't convenient or doable for most people, but it works for me. I love keeping my things separate.

This may all change with the Keyone currently on its way to my house though

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-02-18 04:53 PM
    I dual wield the Passport SE alongside my iPhone 7Plus with a TMO Digits line.

Two hilariously huge phones.

I feel like it's the best of both worlds.

I get communication and a huge screen for emails and other text heavy stuff I find important while also having a huge screen for any games, videos, or social media that I want.

I know the arrangement isn't convenient or doable for most people, but it works for me. I love keeping my things separate.

This may all change with the Keyone currently on its way to my house though

Now having used the KeyOne for solid month or so, I'll say it's a pretty nice device. The keyboard is freakin tiny though. Those of us with man hands will find the little baby keyboard awkward.

I'm carrying the Passport and the KeyOne. Passport serves its normal purpose of call, test, camera, and email, as well as the media phone that carries the music collection, the picture and video collection, etc. The KeyOne serves all the Android apps I don't have on the Passport, like Goog Maps, Uber, WhatsApp, etc. I mobile hotspot it up on the Passport and let the Android mooch. It's pretty awesome.
    06-03-18 02:22 AM
    I carry a small T-Mobile flip phone to make and receive calls along with my passport to read articles on the web. My Passport no longer can pick up the bandwidth that T-Mobile uses on its towers in 95% of the suburban areas outside of N.Y.C!!!

Posted via CB10
    That's LTE band 66 for ya! Mine can't either. Lol

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    06-03-18 04:36 AM
    Passport and classic for now, one takes over for the other when the battery gets so low it's forced to shutdown. It'll likely be the same with the keytwo and passport, or keytwo + classic, whichever goes first in terms of battery. I doubt any shop is going to want to rip apart the classic to replace the battery. Passport is easier because so much less adhesive.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    06-03-18 04:37 AM
    Now having used the KeyOne for solid month or so, I'll say it's a pretty nice device. The keyboard is freakin tiny though. Those of us with man hands will find the little baby keyboard awkward.

I'm carrying the Passport and the KeyOne. Passport serves its normal purpose of call, test, camera, and email, as well as the media phone that carries the music collection, the picture and video collection, etc. The KeyOne serves all the Android apps I don't have on the Passport, like Goog Maps, Uber, WhatsApp, etc. I mobile hotspot it up on the Passport and let the Android mooch. It's pretty awesome.
    It's funny that you mention the keyboard. I was toying with going back to the classic after using the Passport for so long( I get too comfortable with my phones and always decide to change), but I couldn't bring myself to make the switch completely. I fired it up and started to type, but the muscle memory wasn't there. I'm hoping that I can get used to the keyboard again.

I'm still debating whether to still dual wield or to just use the Keyone and use the extra sim somewhere else like an iPad.

06-03-18 07:46 AM

I'm still debating whether to still dual wield or to just use the Keyone and use the extra sim somewhere else like an iPad.

iPads take sim cards?

Did I miss something lol
    06-03-18 11:33 AM
    iPads take sim cards?

Did I miss something lol
    Yeah man, they make both just WiFi and network/sim card versions of the iPad.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-18 12:36 PM
    It's funny that you mention the keyboard. I was toying with going back to the classic after using the Passport for so long( I get too comfortable with my phones and always decide to change), but I couldn't bring myself to make the switch completely. I fired it up and started to type, but the muscle memory wasn't there. I'm hoping that I can get used to the keyboard again.

The keyboard makes all the difference, even between the two BB10 phones as you have found. The spaciousness of the Passport keyboard is not found anywhere else - that is why many of us have a hard time letting go. Big-handed people can type quite fast on the PP because of the real estate... I find that it flat-out take longer to do type-y things on the KeyOne.

Can't comment on the classic cuz I never seen one, but it being from the BB10 age and with the trackpad and all... I'm sure you'll get used to it again. Dual wielding is all mentality and usage dependent. If you value having the PP/Classic as your main phone like I do, and don't need to use KeyOne or another device all the time, dual wield will work. As soon as you start needing Android/iOS apps for your daily grind, it might not make sense anymore. Same battle a lot of us remaining BB10 users face.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-18 12:58 PM
    iPads take sim cards?

Did I miss something lol
    If you have a mobile enabled iPad, like my AT&T iPad, then yes iPads need SIM cards. LOL
    06-03-18 01:14 PM
    iPads take sim cards?

Did I miss something lol
    I think they make a WiFi only variant, but yes they do.

I used my Digits sim in an iPad when I wanted to watch games at work where there is no WiFi.

06-03-18 05:54 PM
    I currently use a BlackBerry Passport as a work device, emails, calls, documents etc and I currently use the BlackBerry Key one as a personal phone so I can have a fix of apps etc.

I did have an iPhone 7 as a personal phone but I couldn't tear away from a physical keyboard! I personally don't mind carrying two around. I usually leave whatever phone I won't require in my car or in my house.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-18 01:13 PM
    At this stage, I’d skip the PP SE and put that money towards KEYone 4/64 model or KEYtwo.
    Sorry I just don’t like the android os. Although the k2 looks intriguing..
    06-09-18 10:56 AM
    Sorry I just don’t like the android os. Although the k2 looks intriguing..
    I prefer BBAndroid over regular Android. I just can’t see wasting the money on BB10 hardware with only 18-19 months left on the clock. Especially when BBW has been severely deprecated and the mobile browser has deteriorated.

The Passport was good for it’s time but that was almost four years ago. Passport was to Classic what Key2 is to KEYone.
    06-09-18 12:26 PM
    I started to carry two phones when my employer requested me to have Blackberry about 10 years ago.
    Since then I changed several jobs and became self employed, but I continue to keep 2 (smart)phones.
    First combo was BB + "some phone", then BB + Nokia Symbian, then BB + low/mid range Android IP rated.
    Currently: Passport SE + Samsung Xcover 3 (IP67). Passport is my mobile office and main business instrument. While Xcover 3 is secondary tool which I"m not afraid to "abuse" (water, sand, dust, dirt, etc.). It's useful for some apps which does not run well on BB10 as WeChat. And I have Hub+ and Services on Xcover 3.
    When/if my Xcover 3 dies or disappears, I'll probably replace it with BB Motion, if price is right. Or with another Android IP rated device with replaceable battery if someone still makes them.
    And if my Passport SE dies and I'm not able to find another one... I'll be sad. Very sad.
    06-09-18 02:12 PM
86 1234