Huge thanks, will check it out :-)

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    05-22-18 04:16 AM
    Only passport but for a while a Q10. Now only Passport.

But, in a while, when blackberry shuts off all the services, I will carry furthermore my Passport and one tiny compact Sony Xperia that also have a beautiful black look.

Then I will put my Sim card into this Sony and connect my Passport with this to go online with this Passport.

Sony will be my "phone" and Passport my creative typewriter and email machine :-)

Somedays... in the end of 2019.... long time to go ... but I know, there is this way out.... I hope :-)

Posted via CB10
    Great answer!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-18 06:51 AM
    I know this is a Passport thread, but I just had to chime in.

I'm currently dual-wielding a Q10 and iPhone 5s. My SIM is in the Q10 and I use it mostly for communication, calendar, and task management. I have my work and personal email/contacts/calendar accounts set up on it. I also have Telegram, Facebook Mesenger Lite, and an IRC client running on it. And CB10, of course.

My iPhone is used more for media consumption (Apple Music, YouTube, Netflix), social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and Web browsing via Firefox which blocks trackers (I use FB and Twitter via the browser). I also use it for maps/GPS nav and an app for my local bus system. When needed, I tether the iPhone to the Q10 for mobile internet.

I use the OEM swivel holster for the Q10, which allows me to carry the iPhone in my pants pocket.

The arrangement seems to be working well, although I'm hoping to eventually leave the iPhone at home and become less dependent on smartphones, in general.
    05-22-18 07:35 AM
    No, still only using 1 phone -my Passport. Sometimes fire up my z10!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    ratfinkstooley and Haivu1945 like this.
    05-22-18 05:25 PM
    Did the dual carrying for over a week to test my repair. It felt odd having both phones. But keyone silver edition and Passport black edition. I was really tempted to put my Metro Sim in my passport but provisioning Sims on metro can be a pain
    05-27-18 11:42 AM
    No, still only using 1 phone -my Passport. Sometimes fire up my z10!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    I too only carry a Passport. It is all I need as it: does everything I need well.

Sent from a Blackkberry Passport somewhere in space.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-27-18 10:21 PM
    I carry 3 devices every day in my backpack: Passport, Priv and KeyOne dual SIM.

Sounds crazy? I have 10 email accounts on my Passport, social media on my Priv, and all phone call apps on my KeyOne. Whenever I use my Passport to reply an email, people aground me just staring at me, but not in a good way. I get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-18 03:33 PM
    I carry 3 devices every day in my backpack: Passport, Priv and KeyOne dual SIM.

Sounds crazy? I have 10 email accounts on my Passport, social media on my Priv, and all phone call apps on my KeyOne. Whenever I use my Passport to reply an email, people aground me just staring at me, but not in a good way. I get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    Could the "social media" be put onto the Keyone? Then you can do with two? I'm not sure what is the advantage to carry both Priv and Keyone since both are Android with PKB. Thank you.
    05-29-18 06:33 AM
    Passport with personal sim and K1 with work sim. I spend most my time on the K1 almost exclusively work related. I work from home so don't have need to carry both often. Passport comes with me on business trips used for personal matters and as a backup.
    05-29-18 08:34 AM
    Sorry I know this is a passport forum. But I carry a iphone X and a classic. If BB10 had a snapchat app then I'd only need a BB10 device and nothing else. Btw I am looking to buy a PPSE very soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-18 09:22 AM
    Could the "social media" be put onto the Keyone? Then you can do with two? I'm not sure what is the advantage to carry both Priv and Keyone since both are Android with PKB. Thank you.
    Shhh he wants to impress us with his 3 BlackBerry phones.
    05-29-18 09:45 AM
    Sorry I know this is a passport forum. But I carry a iphone X and a classic. If BB10 had a snapchat app then I'd only need a BB10 device and nothing else. Btw I am looking to buy a PPSE very soon.

Posted via CB10
    At this stage, I’d skip the PP SE and put that money towards KEYone 4/64 model or KEYtwo.
    05-29-18 10:34 AM
    You, sir don't get the vibe of this thread.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-18 06:40 PM
    You, sir don't get the vibe of this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Sure I do. I've been a dual-carry member since 2006. I just worry anytime I see a person showing a multiple personality disorder. iPhone X with BB PP SE just screams for intervention ;-)
    ratfinkstooley and BerryRipe like this.
    05-29-18 07:17 PM
    Sure I do. I've been a dual-carry member since 2006. I just worry anytime I see a person showing a multiple personality disorder. iPhone X with BB PP SE just screams for intervention ;-)
    Haha! Touche!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-18 07:47 PM
    Passport with personal sim and K1 with work sim. I spend most my time on the K1 almost exclusively work related. I work from home so don't have need to carry both often. Passport comes with me on business trips used for personal matters and as a backup.
    This was me for the last 10 years with various combinations of BBs. The last being a Passport SE (personal) and silver KEYone (work).

But that all changed when the dual SIM black edition KEYone was released by Optimus. I can never ever see myself going back to dual wielding now. I'm now currently using a bronze dual Sim KEYone and am about to get the dual Sim Motion to tide me over until a dual Sim KEY2 variant is available for importing to Canada.

I am soooooo happy that TCL has introduced the world of dual Sims to BB. They have saved my pockets!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-29-18 09:21 PM
    This was me for the last 10 years with various combinations of BBs. The last being a Passport SE (personal) and silver KEYone (work).

But that all changed when the dual SIM black edition KEYone was released by Optimus. I can never ever see myself going back to dual wielding now. I'm now currently using a bronze dual Sim KEYone and am about to get the dual Sim Motion to tide me over until a dual Sim KEY2 variant is available for importing to Canada.

I am soooooo happy that TCL has introduced the world of dual Sims to BB. They have saved my pockets!
    Cheers.

Most of the Western world thinks dual SIM phones are for drug dealers because :that's the way the carriers and Govt has spun it to sell more phones.

Here in the East noone carries a single Sim phones Glad to see someone has caught on..

05-29-18 09:53 PM
    Cheers.

Most of the Western world thinks dual SIM phones are for drug dealers because :that's the way the carriers and Govt has spun it to sell more phones.

Here in the East noone carries a single Sim phones Glad to see someone has caught on..

To the best of my knowledge, I don’t think BB ever released a dual SIM device, otherwise I would have jumped on the dual sim bandwagon ages ago!
    @thurask you got any intel on BB/RIM’s history (or non-history) with dual sim devices?
    05-29-18 11:01 PM
    To the best of my knowledge, I don’t think BB ever released a dual SIM device, otherwise I would have jumped on the dual sim bandwagon ages ago!
    @thurask you got any intel on BB/RIM’s history (or non-history) with dual sim devices?
    If I remember correctly the Aurora is the first ever BB-branded device with dual-SIM capability; that it's actually a ZTE phone underneath is no surprise, then.
    05-29-18 11:28 PM
    If I remember correctly the Aurora is the first ever BB-branded device with dual-SIM capability; that it's actually a ZTE phone underneath is no surprise, then.
    Thanks. So RIM never dabbled in the dual SIM world until these OEMs got into the action. Another perk of the licensing model!
    05-30-18 07:29 AM
    Cheers.

BlackBerry didn't need dual sims to get the drug business. That was accomplished through BBOS and encryption back in the glory days.
    05-30-18 07:41 AM

I've seen you mention your dual sim model before and have been intrigued. I don't know if ATT will allow it on their network. Have you experienced any problems on Canadian networks?
    05-30-18 08:39 AM
    I've seen you mention your dual sim model before and have been intrigued. I don't know if ATT will allow it on their network. Have you experienced any problems on Canadian networks?
    I guess I do carry on quite a bit about the dual SIM... It's because they're so awesome!

I've been using my dual SIM BBs in Canada on both Rogers and Bell with no problem. When I go to the US, I shut off one of the SIMs and only use the business line and that roams effortlessly in AT&T and T-Mobile depending on where I am in the country.

I cannot recommend dual SIM devices enough for those who require more than one line!
    Last edited by danfrancisco; 05-30-18 at 09:16 AM.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-30-18 08:49 AM
    Going back to double carrying was a revelation for me. I don't ask my BB10 phone to run Android apps, and I don't ask my Android phone to power my communications. In use them both for what they each do best.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-30-18 10:29 AM
    Can't top this:
    Two BlackBerry phones were among the dozen cell phones seized from Michael Cohen's office, apartment and hotel room on April 9, according to today's New York Times.
    05-30-18 01:08 PM
86 1234