08-02-18 07:39 PM
86 123 ...
tools
    Generally, if you're checking out this forum, then you think the Passport is still a fantastic device worth using. Yet, we all know the terminal news with BlackBerry 10 and the Passport, and many of us (although somewhat begrudgingly) realize we need some of the current apps to service our daily needs.

So, I'm wondering how many of you have gone the route of carrying around two devices to still benefit from all the wonderful things the Passport does to help us stay productive, and yet also have the apps we need to stay on top of our lives.

If you already have gone this route, what other device are you carrying and if you're considering going this route, what will help you make the decision between carry two devices or finally give up your precious Passport?

I finally bought a cheap Android budget phone (Xiaomi - which works in the States) and am now carrying that along with my Passport. So far, so good. The two device thing is slightly annoying, but I am learning the times when I need two devices vs. times I can still just rock the Passport. We shall see, but I'm not even close to ready to giving up my Passport.
    Last edited by ratfinkstooley; 05-17-18 at 10:15 AM.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    05-16-18 09:54 AM
    I picked up a Huawei P9 about a year ago now and use it about 30% of the time with a Passport the other 70%. It's just a matter of time before the Passport gets put away for good. For one thing, the battery in my Passport has over 800 cycles and won't last forever. Even though I dislike the android OS, life goes on and it's just a tool for me. No biggie. I will probably stay with Huawei devices but I won't rule out any other android device, including TCL made devices.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-16-18 10:04 AM
    Passport and iPhone SE. The combination simply works for me. I don't want to use Android but did try to use Keyone and found out: no, no Android.
    I use Passport for 80%. I use iPhone SE when my Passport is charging and some camera-related occasion.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-18 12:09 PM
    The Passport still does everything I need it to do.

I do have a few phone but carry just one at a time. I also own 2 Xiaomi phones. A Mi4 and a Mi A1. Both are extremely nice.

Send from my Blackberry Passport somewhere in space.
    Last edited by Haivu1945; 05-16-18 at 10:23 PM.
    05-16-18 10:09 PM
    I carry two plus one: Passport SE, iPhone 6 Plus (whose camera isn't working), and a Google Pixel.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    05-16-18 10:54 PM
    PP SE and Keyone SE.
    both silver & both glorious devices.
    05-16-18 11:19 PM
    I carry 2 Passports daily. Black & White. And sometimes even a third one.

...which is my real passport.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and ratfinkstooley like this.
    05-17-18 06:05 AM
    One in pocket and one in the briefcase...

Carrying two devices?-bb-passports-magazine.jpg

...Go "pure" BlackBerry, or go home
    05-17-18 06:56 AM
    I carry 2 Passports daily. Black & White. And sometimes even a third one.

...which is my real passport.

Posted via CB10
    Gotta have some pretty big pockets to walk around triple wielding Passports
    ratfinkstooley and BerryRipe like this.
    05-17-18 09:05 AM
    Gotta have some pretty big pockets to walk around triple wielding Passports
    True......true.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-18 09:43 AM
    I carry a small T-Mobile flip phone to make and receive calls along with my passport to read articles on the web. My Passport no longer can pick up the bandwidth that T-Mobile uses on its towers in 95% of the suburban areas outside of N.Y.C!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-18 01:37 PM
    I only carry my silver passport, unless I really depend on an app working, like Uber, in which case I dust off ye olde Nexus 4. Since my dac didn't work with my Passport, I might just get an android dac to complement it.
    05-17-18 03:53 PM
    Passport as main device and windows phone

Posted via CB10
    05-17-18 04:06 PM
    I carry either a Passport or a Classic and a very slim and slippery Android device. It's a hassle but not a deal killer. Rather carry this combination than a single KEYone, which would be more cumbersome.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-18 04:49 PM
    AT&T Passport and AT&T KeyONE. I use the former as an "office phone" (I work from home), but I do carry it with me when needed. I like using Blend to get around how Google apps don't play well with MS and Apple children, and there is that awesome speaker phone quality.

The K1 is my personal device for the sake of convenience. IMO it is a great replacement for the Classic, but I think the PP is still the ultimate communications tool.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-18 11:20 PM
    I carry iPhone X and passport SE
    05-17-18 11:23 PM
    One in pocket and one in the briefcase...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Passports, Magazine.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	436284

...Go "pure" BlackBerry, or go home
    Awesome !
    05-17-18 11:23 PM
    Note 8 and Passport.
    05-18-18 12:55 AM
    On a parallel note for mystery novel fans, former special prosecutor turned author Nancy Grace (of Court TV) has her main character double carrying an iPhone and her "trusty old BlackBerry" in her 2016 novel "Murder in the Courthouse: a Hailey Dean Mystery." The BlackBerry gets mentioned several times and Grace's prosecutor character is largely based on herself.
    05-18-18 09:56 AM
    I carry a passport and KeyOne

Posted via CB10
    05-18-18 10:06 AM
    On a parallel note for mystery novel fans, former special prosecutor turned author Nancy Grace (of Court TV) has her main character double carrying an iPhone and her "trusty old BlackBerry" in her 2016 novel "Murder in the Courthouse: a Hailey Dean Mystery." The BlackBerry gets mentioned several times and Grace's prosecutor character is largely based on herself.
    Awesome! The double carry is made sexy by a lead character in a novel.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-18 08:35 PM
    I have a work-provided iPhone 7 which I use increasingly for apps as well as certain work email which the BlackBerry can't handle. It's a horrid little thing really. I hate typing on it so much I carry a bluetooth keyboard on work trips. I am getting closer to folding and getting a KeyOne.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-18 12:18 PM
    Passport. All the way. Best communication device ever.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-18 12:15 AM
    Only passport but for a while a Q10. Now only Passport.

But, in a while, when blackberry shuts off all the services, I will carry furthermore my Passport and one tiny compact Sony Xperia that also have a beautiful black look.

Then I will put my Sim card into this Sony and connect my Passport with this to go online with this Passport.

Sony will be my "phone" and Passport my creative typewriter and email machine :-)

Somedays... in the end of 2019.... long time to go ... but I know, there is this way out.... I hope :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-22-18 01:27 AM
    I have a work-provided iPhone 7 which I use increasingly for apps as well as certain work email which the BlackBerry can't handle. It's a horrid little thing really. I hate typing on it so much I carry a bluetooth keyboard on work trips. I am getting closer to folding and getting a KeyOne.

Posted via CB10
    If you're in the US, you may want to check this out for your iPhone.

https://istoreworld.com/products/key...or-iphone-6-6s

Now, it's made for the 6/6S because Typo got its cases sued by blackberry before the 7 came out. However the only difference in the body is the location and size of the camera bump. Since this case is like a rubbery plastic, with some modification, I'm sure you could get it to fit the 7 like a glove.
    The Typo itself works anyway with any iPhone on any iOS version, as the connection is done through Bluetooth.
    Jon Wiggy likes this.
    05-22-18 01:32 AM
86 123 ...