08-02-15 03:05 PM
68 123
tools
    I have the Passport but the q10 is still my daily driver because I am too afraid to carry the Passport in my pants pocket. The cases I tried for the Passport are mostly total crap and I am too afraid to carry it without any protection in my pocket... anybody out there who is using the Passport and isn't using any kind of protection? Are there scratches on the plastic? Cuz the glass seems unbreakable but the plastic?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 03:27 AM
    I do use it without cover, but extremely carefully and no scratches so far.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 03:32 AM
    I use the leather flip case. To be honest I hate cases but did find myself wanting some protection.

It took a bit to break in but works well and the fact it's just a stick on means I can take it on and off at will.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 04:22 AM
    I just use a Vaja grip case... no screen protector... no issues carrying in pocket

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 07:44 AM
    I carry my PP without any case. I've had it several months now with no problems. One thing I've had happen is if I don't click it off, I pull it out and have all kind of stuff open. I never sit down with it in my pocket, and I also carry it in my shirt pocket a lot of time.

I don't care for cases because I can't stand the bulk, but I think they help for those that can deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    04-21-15 07:56 AM
    I have the Passport but the q10 is still my daily driver because I am too afraid to carry the Passport in my pants pocket. The cases I tried for the Passport are mostly total crap and I am too afraid to carry it without any protection in my pocket... anybody out there who is using the Passport and isn't using any kind of protection? Are there scratches on the plastic? Cuz the glass seems unbreakable but the plastic?

Posted via CB10
    I never use protection of any kind on my phones. Admittedly I am very careful with my devices. still, no scratches or issues of any kind. It's really not that hard to do if people would simply train themselves to be. I carry my Passport in any number of places (bag, pocket, jacket, etc.). Just take necessary precautions and it's all good.
    beamolite and mkelley65 like this.
    04-21-15 07:57 AM
    I only have a screen protector and I do have some minor damage around the bottom solver trim. Very small nicks from who knows what. Also one of the metal "D" shapes from the blackberry logo lifted and started snagging on my clothes until I had to rip it off completely due to it bending irreparably. I Carry it in an otherwise empty pocket and wear jeans 99% of the time (as opposed to slacks). It fits fine and I can never tell its in my pocket unless I have on very thin pants. I do get some pocket dialing and app opening when I get sweaty while working if the screen is facing me.
    04-21-15 08:07 AM
    Carry in pocket all the time. Never had any case on any phone ever. No breaks so far!

Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    04-21-15 08:15 AM
    With the weather breaking I'm going without a blazer more often. I should've jumped on the Seido belt clip carrier for sale on the CB homepage a few days ago.

I'd been just placing the Passport in my suits breast pocket, now not so much. Granted my job is not a strenuous one. The passport still has the screen protector when it was shipped last year.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 -Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    04-21-15 08:16 AM
    Sometimes I do feel like the Passport is going to be twisted in my pocket but it's fine after all the time. I carry it in my pants pocket exclusively.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2576
    04-21-15 08:23 AM
    I'm not using any protection. Phone is too beautiful to cover it up. It has fell a few times and has a few scratches but that's how I like my items to look, used! You should see my Z10, thing looked like it went through a war and it's still chugging.

Anyways I did try a few cases on the Passport but they make it too big so I got rid of them and I did have a matte screen protector and got rid of that too. It just looks and feel better without all that stuff to me.

Posted via CB10
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    04-21-15 09:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's highly unlikely you will do anything to it that would stop it from working properly.
    04-21-15 10:08 AM
    I carry my PP without any case. I've had it several months now with no problems. One thing I've had happen is if I don't click it off, I pull it out and have all kind of stuff open. I never sit down with it in my pocket, and I also carry it in my shirt pocket a lot of time.

I don't care for cases because I can't stand the bulk, but I think they help for those that can deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    Always important to press the button until you get the screen that gives you the choice of LOCK or RESTART or CANCEL and press "LOCK". If you don't do that you are just switching the screen off and not actually locking the device. Hope this is helpful for you :-)
    04-21-15 10:12 AM
    No cover, shirt or back pocket

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 10:14 AM
    I use the hard shell case on mine for some extra protection. I wanted the leather holster from blackberry but the price seemed high. I ended up ordering one from storyleather and it offers great protection. They have a lot of options. I'm don't like carrying the device in my pants pocket so a holster is something i really wanted.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 10:19 AM
    I used the body glove and screen protector. Works fine. Always place in my front pocket.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 12:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've been using a Passport since the initial launch. It's not much different than any other 'phablet', so no need to be afraid to carry it. I generally don't use a case & it's been fine. Still looks new.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    04-21-15 12:42 PM
    I am using the wonderful BlackBerry Passport for one month already. I've tried one of those Letter backcases, but it was Not the Best choice. Now I installed an screen protector and a carbon design foil on the back. That works great. It is carried in my pants pocket all the day. I love using the Passport without any disturbing cases. Work wide!
    04-21-15 02:12 PM
    I use a clip holster.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 02:30 PM
    Always important to press the button until you get the screen that gives you the choice of LOCK or RESTART or CANCEL and press "LOCK". If you don't do that you are just switching the screen off and not actually locking the device. Hope this is helpful for you :-)
    I think holding down the 'K' key on the home screen can lock the device too.

Posted via CB10
    highos, TgeekB, stratax and 1 others like this.
    04-21-15 07:12 PM
    No protection here. I carry it in my pocket (usually the back) and no damage. I've even dropped it a time or two. Very happy with the quality and build of Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 08:59 PM
    So I can sum up the conversation with: built quality of the passport is quite high and you can carry it in your pocket without any fear of damage to the screen or the plastic parts?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 01:09 AM
    I think holding down the 'K' key on the home screen can lock the device too.

Posted via CB10
    WOW!... I've just learnt something new. Had no idea about the "K" button locking the device. Nice one!...

Posted on CB10 with my Passport but previously my Q10
    Pcmx, highos and stratax like this.
    04-22-15 03:41 AM
    No protection. Today's smartphones, especially the high end ones, are designed to endure many types of shocks.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 03:43 AM
    I have my Passport in the (admittedly useless and fragile) OEM Flip Case and I carry it in my shirts' pockets, I have yet ti come across a pocket too small even with the case. Never have I carried a phone in my pants pocket and a shirt pocket has never let me down. Inside pockets of jackets and coats works well too.
    04-22-15 05:24 AM
68 123