I carry the Passport in my shirt pocket until the weather is warm enough to wear shorts, at which time I favor cargo shorts and put it in one of the outer pockets. I've never carried any phone in my pants pocket for any length of time.

I do use a cheap TPU case, which doesn't add much bulk but does cushion it in the event of a drop. The clear case I got for it in September is already looking yellowed and skanky, so I just ordered a black one for about $5.

In the event that I'm not wearing cargo shorts but I'm wearing a pocketless polo shirt, I stick the phone in a pants pocket, but for this very reason I tend not to wear this combination of clothes. It's the same for any phone, not just the Passport. Same rules apply for my OnePlus One. So having a smartphone has gotten to the point of dictating how I dress, to some extent.
    04-22-15 07:18 AM
    Use a Ringke case is a little bulkier but still shows off the phone fine without covering the way it looks. goes fine in and out of jeans [front and back]. Generally, it is too heavy for front shirt pockets. 90% of time it is in left back pocket of jeans.
    04-22-15 07:24 AM
    Generally, it is too heavy for front shirt pockets.
    Oh, you get used to the droopy man-boob look after a while.
    04-22-15 07:33 AM
    I've just taken off the screen protector and the phone looks awesome but have the hard shell on to protect from drops ,hopefully it won't fall face down.
    04-22-15 07:40 AM
    I'm rough on all kit. Definitely not an OCD 'put it in an Otterbox' type person (the only time I've put smartphones in cases, was years ago when I worked in very humid places where they doing a lot of construction, etc).

I've had my Passport over 3 months now, have never used a case, (unfortunately) drop it (usually on carpet) quite a few times each week, and I still can't see any scratches on my Passport.

However, I never carry the Passport in a trouser pocket (usually carried in shirt pocket or jacket pocket), and I make sure that there is nothing esle in the pocket next to the Passport that can scratch it (eg money clip).
    04-22-15 08:18 AM
    Generally, it is too heavy for front shirt pockets.......
    I don't find this at all - maybe it's because I'm a largish bloke.... When travelling on a plane wearing casuals, my Passport (phone) will be put into the hidden Passport pocket which is on the inside of my travel shirts along with my other Passport (the one that gets me through border control).
    04-22-15 08:23 AM
    I think you are referring to your jacket. Most shirts don't have hidden pockets. I assume dress shirt pockets when I said shirt pocket.
    04-22-15 09:06 AM
    No protective covers at all. Use it all pockets sometimes with pens or coins. Not a mark on it after five months.

BB Proud
    04-22-15 09:24 AM
    I think you are referring to your jacket. Most shirts don't have hidden pockets. I assume dress shirt pockets when I said shirt pocket.
    No, I meant exactly what I typed. Most of my casual travel shirts have a hidden passport pocket.

Example: http://www.rohan.co.uk/mens-travel-a...reelance-Shirt "The shirt features a chest pocket with a secure touch-and-close fastening and a concealed, secure pocket hidden just behind it."

Many travel shirts have this type of Passport sized hidden pocket - very useful.
    04-22-15 09:43 AM
    Cool. I don't see the hidden pockets. I would think they would highlight and show pictures of it.
    04-22-15 09:48 AM
    Cool. I don't see the hidden pockets. I would think they would highlight and show pictures of it.
    I assume because this type of pocket is quite common in travel shirts, they don't show you a picture of the inside of the shirt! Most of my my 'hidden pockets' are just extra pockets directly behind the usual front left outside pocket, and are accessed from the side (you have to undo a button on the front of your shirt to access) with a couple of velcro fasteners. Easy enough for me to access, but not easy for a pickpocket to access.
    04-22-15 09:54 AM
    At least put on a hard back cover case justCarrying a BlackBerry Passport...-img_20150422_105832.jpg
    04-22-15 09:59 AM
    I'm actually quite surprise how well the screen withstands to damages. You really don't need a screen protector on it at all. I would always get little marks from my keys on my z30 but not on the passport.
    04-22-15 03:18 PM
    I have screen protector and soft TPU case, as with all my phones as I never run my phones naked (yes, even my backup beater phones).

However, since my many years ago of using Samsung Note 2, I have adapted taking phones out of the pocket before sitting down.

Just to avoid putting any pressure on the phones while sitting down.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    04-22-15 05:28 PM
    I bought the hard shell case but after a week stopped using it and carry mine naked. No screen protector either. I've been using it since October and had no issues with scuff marks, scratches, etc.
    04-22-15 06:24 PM
    I carry my PP without any case. I've had it several months now with no problems. One thing I've had happen is if I don't click it off, I pull it out and have all kind of stuff open. I never sit down with it in my pocket, and I also carry it in my shirt pocket a lot of time.

I don't care for cases because I can't stand the bulk, but I think they help for those that can deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    Add a password to open it and that won't happen anymore. That is what I did and it's great!
    04-22-15 07:21 PM
    I use a body glove case and it works great. Seidio just came out with their surface case which should be great. I used one on my Q10 forever. Body glove is a little less expensive. With the holster which I never use, it was $25 from AT&T
    04-22-15 07:26 PM
    No case , no screen protector here. It's my daily driver device.
    No damage that I have noticed. It rides in my pocket by itself.
    04-22-15 09:33 PM
    Use the Ringke Fusion case. Minimal bulk. Contours device well and still fits in my back pocket. I do remove it when I sit just for peace of mind.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:56 PM
    to the subject of shell cases: I don't like them! They look ugly and in my opinion kill the beauty of the Passport. But this is just my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 03:33 AM
    I'm too rough on such things. Learned my lesson when I busted the glass on my torch twice.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 06:14 AM
    Well... but I guess the build quality of the passport is MUCH higher than compared to the good old torch...

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:19 AM
    I trust the Passport. I don't trust ME!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 12:22 PM
    So far I also don't use a case. The Passport already is not neither the most compact, nor the lightest phone out there, so adding a case resulted in a rather inconvenient increase of size and weight for me. I got a nice high quality flipcase by Noreve, but I barely use it anymore because the added bulk actually is too much for some pockets already.

In addition I really like the feel of the Passport, even though some things could've been made better. So I'm off using it naked for now, maybe I'll get some kind of pocket pouch for it. Too bad BlackBerry isn't offering their unique leather pockets for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 02:25 PM
    True!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 02:50 PM
68 123