I just got the BlackBerry PassportSQW100-1 from Carphone warehouse and just noticed that they are able to deal with early cancellations as well.
    I got it on 48 per month together with unlimited calls and texts as well as data for free.
    Since they didn't have one on display, I was quite surprised that the staff new about it and that they had three in stock.

I showed it off and explained the features as well. There has been quite a bit of interest about it, yet most were going for the iPhone and I was the first person who bought one in the shop.

Overall I truly love the speed of the phone, installing over 160 apps and getting all my email accounts installed has been a breaze.
    While I am amazed about the responsiveness and speed of all the android apps, I noticed that it got quite hot on the right side. The metal side, which acts as the antenna as well was veeery hot. It seems as if they would be using it as a heatsink for the quadcore processor....

Typing this text on the passport was quite easy and intuitive.

What I noticed where different options and shortcuts popping up. This is definitely the only thing that I will need to look into the most!

So there it is: to my surprise they Passport is stocked and it is truly not bad that the carriers are not pushing it, since it is easy to get one.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 and z30
    09-28-14 11:22 AM
    I got mine from the CW in the Trafford Centre, Manchester, and I was the first to buy one there too. It was made available on Friday in their store, and the staff were pretty excited about it. They said a BB rep had been in and told them about it, but they had not advertised it or even been given any stands for the shop etc.

It seems to me like BB needs to up its game on advertising. There should be WAY more (I say more, but is there even any at all?). With the amount of people actually looking at this device twice, unlike the past devices that people have just ignored (including me), it's about time they advertised it.

I suspect something along the 'come back' lines, like they did in the Canadian newspaper. This could be their big hit.

JB
    09-28-14 11:43 AM
    It's only heating because the device is currently syncing everything from scratch! Give it a day or two, it should not heat up after the syncing has completed.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 11:54 AM
    I am aware of that and it has done all the syncing already. It is that fast with four cores..... but it gets a little hotter as well.

Watching videos or listening to music is really nice. Definitely an upgrade worth considering. I believe that I will keep my z30 for some time as a wireless add on for the moments when you really want to watch something....

Blackberry Blend Is something I will look into in the next few days...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 and z30
    09-28-14 12:00 PM
    I also got mine from the CPW. Really easy to get the phone from them the guy was really nice and he was interested in the phone himself but I wanted to set the phone up myself so didn't open the box in store for him to see.

Regarding your warm phone - I had the exact same problem with mine the first day and a half I had mine. It wasn't until I went into device monitoring I seen that BlackBerry blend was taking up 40% of my battery! :O

So I quickly closed the app and this is my battery situation now:

Carphone Warehouse UK - easy to get the Passport-img_20140928_180951.png

Much more like how it should be! Just let the phone bed in too as others have said! Definitely helps!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:10 PM