I am starting a new thread though the issue is pertaining to an earlier thread I started, Double Stickers on Passport Box.
    The reason for starting a new thread is to hear your experience with carphone warehouse.
    Majority of this forum members come from the Unites or Canada. A little background, carphone warehouse is a UK high street retailer selling phones and phone contracts. They have stores all over the country.

I took the plunge and bought myself a new Passport. Shop Blackberry sells at 529 but carphone warehouse at 449.99 so that is 80 cheaper.

I still keep all my purchased Blackberry phones and they do not have double stickers/seals on them. In other words, I have no idea there are indeed double stickers/seals on newly blackberry phones in the market worldwide. Upon coming home after the purchase, I excitedly opened the box. Minutes after, I noticed there are double stickers/seals on both sides of the box.

This morning, I returned to the store and asked for an exchange. The staff that dealt with me; he informed me the other boxes are all double sealed. I asked if he could return this phone and requested him to place a new order for me. He refused. Return is only possible if it has been damaged.

In summary, I am very disappointed with the customer service at carphone warehouse. This staff said he had spent enough time (bearing in mind there were no other customers throughout our discussion at that time). I asked if he could allow me to see the other two Passport boxes in stock but he refused.

On the other thread 'I did it! I took the passport Plunge! Member spacemanZ10 also bought from carphone warehouse and it was double sealed.

Is there any way to check the battery cycle? If so, please teach me how.

After reading what other members feel about this subject, I now fully understand where they are coming from. We now feel BB owes us an explanation.

I am hugely disappointed with carphone warehouse. This whole experience makes me very disappointing. I have not touched the Passport and is keeping it aside just now.

Please keep your post coming! Thank you all!
    01-07-15 07:48 AM
    I got my Passport on an upgrade from Carphone Warehouse. I've just had a look at the box (which I've still got lying around) and it doesn't appear to have double stickers. To be honest, I doubt I would have noticed!

Posted with my Passport
    01-07-15 08:16 AM
    Can't you return it within 14 days of purchase?

In my opinion, Carphonewarehouse customer service is rubbish.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:22 AM
    Can't you return it within 14 days of purchase?

In my opinion, Carphonewarehouse customer service is rubbish.

Posted via CB10
    Last weekend, I visited one of the carphone warehouse stores in town. That particular staff was friendly and helpful. However there was no stock and was told about the other store. So yesterday I went to the store which had the stock for the purchase. This morning, I went back to that store along with my other BB boxes to prove they won't all double sealed. The staff, an assistant manager, showed no empathy and understanding. His reply was if it was not damaged, there would be no return. He also added phone boxes were double taped because of quality checks before sending to them.

It's also my first purchase from carphone warehouse and will definitely be my last.
    01-07-15 09:56 AM
    The guy I phoned (before going further once I noticed the! Sticker issue) informed me they 'random' check them. I was a little suspicious but took photos and asked him to log my comments in case of a future issue. Nothing since though has made me doubt my phone is not new.
    Will follow this? Thread with interest.

I picked cp rather than amazon so I would have a physical shop to go to if I experienced 'any future issues and they were 10.00 cheaper!

Swiped on my Passport!
    01-07-15 04:42 PM
    When the Z10 first came out I went to the car phone warehouse store in London where I live. The school leaver salesman did his best to convince me to buy an iPhone. He rubbished the Z10 telling me bull**** about blackberry as a company and as product. I asked him how many BlackBerry phone he has ever owned. None was his answer. So I told him to keep his iPhone, I left the store went to another phone retailer and bought my BlackBerry as I've done for the last 14 years!! Not impressed with Car Phone Ware House. Not one bit.

Chris. London UK
    01-07-15 04:58 PM
    Bought the phone from them unlimited min and text and 5gb data with O2 for 38 quid with free unlocked phone. I think it's a good one. Carphone is cool!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:33 PM
    They won't recommend this phone as most of them never seen it and there is not on display at all. But you can trade in your old one too plus they have competitive price with all carriers. I can only recommend them. But don't go there for advice as they don't have a clue about the passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:36 PM
    Is there something wrong with the phone?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 10:05 PM
    I got my Q10 with them (still, it's an experience) and they were really helpful. They told me I didn't need a BIS plan anymore, explained to me about the Android Runtime, most of the features about the phone.

They also mentioned that even though the sales were quite low, they still think it's a great device. And that isn't just because they were trying to get me to buy it. This was in Barnsley, I've moved to Cardiff recently and the Carphone Warehouse their even gave the Passport great praise. They mentioned that they will stock the BlackBerry Classic (although unsure when, this was a couple of months ago).

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 10:20 PM
    Please stop complaining about the double sealed boxes! This is NOT a sign of 'used and repackaged phone'!

When both 'seal stickers' are the same size and type - everything is fine! They are both coming from BlackBerry directly. The boxes can be reopened to make a software update or for the QA or for reboxing with different chargers for a different region.

So f.e. They produced to much devices with charger type A and there is a strong demand for phones with charger type B, BlackBerry will open the boxes and exchange the chargers and reseal them.

Or if the phone has an older firmware, the boxes are opened, a new firmware is installed, and the boxes get new stickers.

PLEASE stop thinking a double sticker means a used phone! That is total nonsense!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 10:55 PM
    ?.......or for reboxing with different chargers for a different region.

So f.e. They produced to much devices with charger type A and there is a strong demand for phones with charger type B, BlackBerry will open the boxes and exchange the chargers and reseal them.

Posted via CB10
    If BB were to exchange chargers, it is not simply a case of just swapping. What about pre-installed languages? Did you know that US devices differ from UK devices? Example, many pre-installed predictive words are different US vs UK devices.
    In addition, the print on the box is different for different regions.

Anyhow, I can see where you are coming from. However, there are far too many unanswered questions surrounding this.
    01-08-15 05:22 AM
    I got my passport from cpw in @ crown point in leeds. The box has no double stickers and the staff were very helpful. They even had a display stand with the phone out to use. Got no complaints at all with them. It's the first time I've used them but due to EE not stocking the passport I gave them a try. Would highly recommend them.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 06:00 AM
    Personally I don't see too much of a problem. My box was also double sealed and I only noticed by accident. The phone itself had all protection films installed the way it should, no scratches or even fingerprints visible. All booklets were packed the way it should and placed where they should be. Accessories like headset, charger and cable were all sealed and placed in the box where they are supposed to be. The phone itself, again, was undamaged and works fine, which I btw. can't say about my first Passport which had a single seal only - I returned that unit due to poor build quality.

So I am wondering: Is there anything wrong with your phone? Were there any scratches or damages when you unboxed it? Were any booklets and/or accessories damaged, unpacked or even missing when you unboxed your unit? Any other complains with the device you bought? If not, I'd be happy and carry on with life. If your Passport is in good condition and working, be happy. Maybe BlackBerry opened those boxes themselves due to some internal controls?
    Seriously, check the forums here, a bunch of people returned their phones more than once for poor build quality or software problems. Bent frames, poorly aligned keys, scratches, displays lifting, various number of hot or dead pixels on the screens, dead headphone jacks, busted speakers and the list goes on. I'd almost be laughing if you send your fine working Passport in, just because the box was double sealed, then receive a "mint" single sealed box with a faulty Passport inside, then the real trouble starts.

Posted via CB10
    the_real_mikeyb likes this.
    01-08-15 07:25 AM
    Agree with taigatrommel - if there is nothing wrong with the phone, nothing is missing from inside the box why are you making such a fuss? Maybe the sticker printing machine is faulty and puts 2 stickers on at once rather than one?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 08:05 AM
    BTW: I had some bad experiences with the old carphonewhorehouse in the past. Unless it's bought over their website they won't take anything back. When you buy over the website the 14 no question asked returns as per the UK communications act kick in meaning they have to take the phone back.

The service in their shops is atrocious at best. As you described they usually are kids straight out of school who think they know everything....

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 08:09 AM
    BTW: I had some bad experiences with the old carphonewhorehouse in the past. Unless it's bought over their website they won't take anything back........

The service in their shops is atrocious at best.....
    Posted via CB10
    It's through trial that we know how well a company is operating.

It seems once money has been handed over to carphone warehouse, you are on your own son....
    The only reason they would accept is damaged item due to manufacturer's fault. Isn't carphone warehouse a middle man business operation between consumers and manufacturers? If we are buying from them, who do we go should any problem or doubt arises?
    01-08-15 09:13 AM
    U
    I'd almost be laughing if you send your fine working Passport in, just because the box was double sealed, then receive a "mint" single sealed box with a faulty Passport inside, then the real trouble starts.

Posted via CB10
    I've not used the phone since I discovered the double seals, didn't want the store to refuse it. The 'passport' is nicely packed away. Since that Wednesday morning, the other 'passport' tagged along with me (the real one I mean). So I haven't had the chance to try it as I am still abroad.
    Anyway, I don't deny your quote above. Possible.
    01-08-15 10:09 AM
    Carphone have merged with currys PC world aka dixons retail...so it's only going to get worse.

Call customer services team and speak with them directly.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:20 AM
    I bought my Passport from CPW on 26th Sept. They had received 5 units at my local branch that morning and, as it was the first day of general release here in the UK, they were unaware that they had them in stock. When I asked for the Passport, I was told that they didn't have them. It was only when I said "can you just check the computer please?" that I was told with some surprise that "apparently we've got 5". Bearing in mind that these phones were in the shop store room for about 40 mins before I walked in and 2 of the three assistants were unaware of their presence, it was a surprise that all of them were double stickered. I know this because when the first one was presented to me, I queried this and was told that they were all like it. Being somewhat sceptical, I demanded proof and to my surprise, he was not lying. My assumption is that CPW checks them or maybe Customs at the port as, lest we forget, they come from Mexico and some visual reassurance that the boxes from Mexico actually contained phones rather than narcotics may have been required.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-08-15 11:08 AM