Many thanks for the replies. Only ordered my Passport today but will more than likely pick up one of these too

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 08:49 PM
    Proclip mount in vehicles are customized for the passport not passport with hard shell...

Sooo what did because I'm sorry proclip dash mount are by far the best looking ones on the market looks very professional. Suction cups are ghettofabulous...

So anyway I got full ghost armor and dropping the hard shell then I'll mount in pro clip dash mount.

Ghost armor FB is good protection better then hard shell imo cause hardshell docent protect the metal sides or buttons which scratch easy.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 09:14 PM
    I have the Proclip in my Honda for the Passport. Works great.

Passport on AT&T
    Which specific Proclip are you using for the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 12:47 PM
    Which specific Proclip are you using for the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    If you go to the ProClip website it has you choose your device first, then it shows you the different holders available for that device. For the Passport there are 3 options, but they are really all the same holder, which only accommodates the phone without a case (options are basic, one with a cigarette lighter charger attached, and one that can be hard wired to the vehicle). There is also an adjustable generic holder that I read that some people have used successfully to hold the Passport in a case. I have no experience with that one. I have the basic holder and it is great. Then you choose either the suction cup or dash mount depending on the make, model, and year of your auto. I am not sure that the type of car matters that much for the suction cup mount, but the dash mount is specifically engineered to clamp perfectly on to your chosen vehicle, thus they are all different.
    11-23-14 06:46 PM
    Proclip promo code for those getting through them, use 20THANKS for 20% off. Just got emailed to me.
    11-27-14 08:46 AM
    Thanks.

But that mount just looks too industrial for me.

Proclip promo code for those getting through them, use 20THANKS for 20% off. Just got emailed to me.
    How about this: for $13.00 from Amazon?
    Car Dock/Cradle for Passport?-41dyf1pks9l.jpg
    11-27-14 08:32 PM
    Pro clip for the win.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    11-27-14 11:01 PM
    is there a proclip universal holder that will fit the passport with the hard shell?
    12-02-14 03:14 PM
    Hi all,

I'm re-visiting this thread as it seems the best discussion on car mounts for Passport. One of the reasons I hesitate to use PP more is this car mount issue - there seem to be no really slick car mount options and it activates the OCD I never thought I had.

I ordered the Mountek nGroove mentioned above (mostly because $16 on Amazon vs $75 for Proclip), but I still have head scratchers:
    - a year later, is everyone still thrilled with their mount? Any Mountek opinions? I see raves for Mountek on Amazon.
    - one of the things I dislike about all options so far is that they sit too low. I want my GPS as close to line of sight as possible, without blocking visibility or messing up my dash with sticky stuff or ugly aestetics. Has anything new been released in the last year or so which is worth looking at? I currently have a good six inches of air above the phone until it's blocking part of my windshield - my clip currently goes on my vent.

For context, I have a kenu Airframe which is perfect in many ways, works great with my Classic and basically any phone other than Passport. May sell my Passport (forgive me!) for the Priv if I can't satisfy my fuss-*** on this question. About the car dash / console, I'm driving a 2012 VW Golf.

Thanks for any thoughts.
    12-23-15 09:59 AM
    Yea, trying to use my SE. Have a Proclip setup for my OG, but the SE won't fit it.

Anyone try out the magnetic setup yet?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 12:55 PM
35 12