07-22-14 02:08 PM
64 123
tools
    Is efficient the hot word of the day? Starting to sound like apple folk around here.

And if your pc in 2014 is still lagging for Web pages, you need a new pc lol.

Minority sheep around here. Picture of gorillas banging on keyboards comes to mind. Now doing anything on a apple product makes me go cross eyed. 4.3 and up, never had an issue.

Can't wait to see the advertisement for the passport. Will be interesting.
    07-19-14 11:25 PM
    That thing is simply a massive beast of a device.
    I'm wondering if a handle pops out of the top of it, and two little wheels out the sides.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    07-19-14 11:36 PM
    Ahh my 9900 I barely used the touch screen the track pad was so efficient.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-20-14 01:32 AM
    Yall should stop arguing about all these ppl hating on this beautiful beast and immaculate device! I bet if this beast wasn't square or wss full touch they still gonna hate! Like the apples and gallaxies don't lag? They mean they are perfect?. So yall should stop arguing with them cuz they still gonna look or come out with something negative about this beautiful beast!
    07-20-14 02:53 AM
    I'll leave this alone.

BlackBerry seems to cater to that tiny percentage of folks who can't use a modern phone. If you are having a hard time selecting links in the browser you need a larger screen. I'm sorry I have no issue selecting text or typing on a six inch device.

I have an idea. I won't say anything else. I'll wait until release and listen to the whining. Everyone from the UN to the pope will have conspired to stop people from wanting or buying this useless POS.
    All touch user here, currently typing this reply from a 7" Nexus tablet.

I hit links on this thing.
    I type text on it.
    I select, copy and paste stuff.

Since all of this works, one might say I have "no issues using a modern device".

.....except the overall user experience of all of this still SUCKS big time. Full touch devices have exactly TWO things going for them, much screen real estate relative to device size for content and intuitive scrolling and zooming. And that's it, pretty much everything else about them, whether it's selecting text, typing or blown up finger friendly sized UI elements, sucks. They can't offer anything great in these departments, so all they seek to accomplish is to suck as little as possible (great goal, right?).

So the Passports purpose is to not suck, which I appreciate.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Timbosaurus likes this.
    07-20-14 09:17 AM
    Can't wait to fondle that bad boy.

07-20-14 09:43 AM
    I'll leave this alone.

BlackBerry seems to cater to that tiny percentage of folks who can't use a modern phone. If you are having a hard time selecting links in the browser you need a larger screen. I'm sorry I have no issue selecting text or typing on a six inch device.

I have an idea. I won't say anything else. I'll wait until release and listen to the whining. Everyone from the UN to the pope will have conspired to stop people from wanting or buying this useless POS.
    ....you must be five..I am surprised you are still here with all that vitriol --sad maybe...not the best place to find friends either...good bye
    07-20-14 11:55 AM
    I don't think it will be as bad as it looks. The idea here (I think, and hope, because it's what I want) is to allow you to use both keyboard and screen without moving your hands from the keyboard. This is a huge advantage that the Bold has over touch-only phones, at least to me. You can navigate the device almost entirely without moving your hands, as opposed to a touch-only phone which requires you to constantly move your fingers and grip on the phone to properly interact with it. This is clumsy and awkward, and makes for more work than necessary. In the Passport, BB has made the same kind of convenient world as that of the Bold, letting you (hopefully) navigate most or all of the device without moving your hands from the keyboard. The reason that they scaled vertical is so that you aren't awkwardly moving your hands up and down to allow the pointer to access a different 'zone' of the touchscreen, and instead have full access to it with the keyboard pointer. Sure, it may take some getting used to the scale factor, but if it's anything like a wacom tablet, then the transition should be easy and painless. I for one applaud the decision. My greatest dislike of touch phones is their reliance on moving your hands, and on my Bold and on my PCs I work almost wholly with the keyboard as much as possible. With this new feature of the passport, I am finally gaining confidence in a BB10 device. It looks like a cool and elegant solution to a real problem of operating a touch phone.
    07-20-14 08:02 PM
    Umm.... you do realise you can click "rotation lock" and keep it locked for, well, forever?
    ever tried that on a playbook and see if it stays 'forever'?
    07-21-14 07:26 AM
    You should be able to add rotation lock to the quick settings menu

Posted via CB10
    even if, its a pain after a reboot. I just recall the annoyance of forever having to do that on a playbook. Drives me crackers
    07-21-14 07:28 AM
    Rotation on a 1:1 screen that has the port at the bottom.. that's extremely.. goofy.
    When I get it I'll just disable the rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-21-14 07:41 AM
    Can't wait to fondle that bad boy.

*reads post, calls the police*
    07-21-14 11:17 AM
    Donwuan, you've met one now.
    Sure WS0, I can use modern devices ; I can select text and hyperlinks. But with my large fingers, it's awkward at best, requiring me on any sensible screen ( 4.5 " max) to zoom in to an extreme degree on content heavy sites . And if you're going larger, IMH0 you may as well get the full functionality of a tablet! After all, the point of a smartphone is to be easily portable while keeping us current.
    Hence the Passport's capacitive kb and the Classic's trackpad. On these screens, the trackpad is best for things like hyperlinks and cursor placement. And I guess you've never used the Bold 9900 or the Torch 2 or the Nokia E6. All 3 have touchscreens and trackpads. I owb the latter 2 and I find myself using the trackpad as often as the touchscreen! Cheers!
    07-21-14 06:29 PM
    I hope the buttons that used as trackpad are only "T" and "Y", and give it with different color or something like that (to shows it as trackpad)
    07-22-14 02:08 PM
64 123