Unlimit-tech blog is showing the BlackBerry Passport in action.

Check out the YouTube clip here:

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 12:52 PM
    Finally a video

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 01:07 PM
    Rotation on a 1:1 screen that has the port at the bottom.. that's extremely.. goofy.
    763822705 likes this.
    07-18-14 01:10 PM
    The execution is horrible... the width is mapped 1:1 with the screen and the height "is too"...but the keyboard height is not the same as the screen, the proportion is not good.
    The width and height should be the same for your movement, you should be able to draw a circle.
    07-18-14 02:26 PM
    Sure it could've been done better but the point is to have an easy cursor - like a track pad. That's all it is. It's not supposed to replace touching the screen, that's the BlackBerry classic. This is supposed to make typing quick and easy

Posted via CB10
    MSAhmed and CDM76 like this.
    07-18-14 02:35 PM
    The execution is horrible... the width is mapped 1:1 with the screen and the height "is too"...but the keyboard height is not the same as the screen, the proportion is not good.
    The width and height should be the same for your movement, you should be able to draw a circle.
    From a looks or from a users point of view? It will no doubt take some getting used to. Personally I had no issues switching from the curved keyboard to the straight. I am sure users will not have a problem adapting to this new keyboard concept.
    07-18-14 02:38 PM
    Why do you hate on it so much?
    07-18-14 03:03 PM
    Pointing out a glaring flaw is not "hating on it"; it's just pointing out a flaw. It's become rather ridiculous how the blind fanboi love for this device has cause users of this forum to single out and attack people who have valid concerns and criticisms. The keyboard height is not the same length as it's width, so the touch cursor shouldn't go the full length up and down as it does left and right, that's just common sense.

The input lag while the cursor was demonstrated was also incredibly horrible. I can only hope BlackBerry fixes that terrible input lag before the actual release.

Posted via CB10
    BKA22, greenberry666 and pystha like this.
    07-18-14 04:02 PM
    How about waiting to try out the thing when it releases in about 2 months before giving it all this criticism (pointing out flaws or whatever you want tocall it). BlackBerry does keyboards better than anyone else and I'm sure when they were developing the passport it was tried and tested and they didn't just put it together by just looking at pictures and videos.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 04:29 PM
    Pointing out a glaring flaw is not "hating on it"; it's just pointing out a flaw. It's become rather ridiculous how the blind fanboi love for this device has cause users of this forum to single out and attack people who have valid concerns and criticisms. The keyboard height is not the same length as it's width, so the touch cursor shouldn't go the full length up and down as it does left and right, that's just common sense.

The input lag while the cursor was demonstrated was also incredibly horrible. I can only hope BlackBerry fixes that terrible input lag before the actual release.

Posted via CB10
    Using a thumb wheel, optical trackpad, or trackball sometime took multiple gestures to reach areas of the screen. This may be a setting in the OS for sensitivity for all we know.

There was a noticeable lag in th demonstration, but we'll see how that plays out with a more recent OS and the final device.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 04:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is a BlackBerry fan site. What do you expect? I'm okay with valid concerns and criticism, but when ALL or NEARLY ALL of your posts are just criticizing a phone, you seem to be "hating on it".

If I personally didn't like a phone I'd let it be known in a post or two, and then go on to find something that I do like.
    lovedaazn, neoberry99 and illlya like this.
    07-18-14 04:49 PM
    This is real inovation!

not like samsungs and other crap brands that just increase the amount of pixels in camera and screen, add some useless features like air gestures or group play, and call that inovation...
    07-18-14 05:35 PM
    Complain complain complain. The device isn't even out yet running BETA non finalized software and your critiquing it already. Some trolls should just stay under the bridge. You won't be buying one anyways so what's the difference..
    07-18-14 05:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bemoaning attacks right after delivering one. Interesting.
    aminrajabi and dejanh like this.
    07-18-14 05:51 PM
    I watched out of curiosity. It looks pretty bad. Beta software aside, what's the point of this. The video proves what seems obvious. Capacitive keyboard is a bad idea, serves no purpose. Big *** square screen is a bad idea. I'll take a 5.5 to 6in screen over this any day.
    07-18-14 06:41 PM
    Is it final hardware? I doubt it watch it all you want... Means absolutely nothing. Till it is released...
    07-18-14 06:46 PM
    Humans are extremely capable of quickly adapting to and mapping the range and sensitivity of input devices to the desired output. Think of joy sticks for different games, using a mouse or touchpad on different computers (with different screens having different aspects ratios, etc), different sized steering wheels for different cars (with speed-variable assisted steering).

I mean, to say that, simply because the finger tracking surface dimensions do not correspond to the screen, the whole thing is flawed... is unbelievably ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-18-14 07:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    attack? Whats up with you guys and this overly sensitive behaviour? What attack? He ask why does he hate on the phone so much...how is that an attack? Grow up man
    pttptppt likes this.
    07-18-14 08:18 PM
    I watched out of curiosity. It looks pretty bad. Beta software aside, what's the point of this. The video proves what seems obvious. Capacitive keyboard is a bad idea, serves no purpose. Big *** square screen is a bad idea. I'll take a 5.5 to 6in screen over this any day.
    Serves no purpose? Like precise text manipulation, selecting browser links your finger struggles with, scrolling without covering the screen with your finger.

Yeah it serves no purpose I guess.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and neoberry99 like this.
    07-18-14 09:51 PM
    Unlimit-tech blog is showing the BlackBerry Passport in action.
    You have seen the YouTube clip, but have you checked out the blog for all the photos?
    Unlimit-tech blog BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by CacheBerry; 07-18-14 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Clean up url.
    07-18-14 10:38 PM
    Don't let the door hit you in the ***...

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-18-14 10:56 PM
    thats i want! no boring soapbar fulltouch with dirty display. keyboard gestures will keep clean my awesome passport dislpay! thanx BlackBerry!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 11:19 PM
    I think he has a point. He means the screen is 1:1 ratio where as the keyboard is not 1:1. The keyboard doesn't have to be the same size of the screen but it could have the same ratio. So moving fingers on the trackpad will be accurate on the screen. I am curious too how this will work accurately. Will have to wait and see.

07-19-14 05:33 AM
    Serves no purpose? Like precise text manipulation, selecting browser links your finger struggles with, scrolling without covering the screen with your finger.

Yeah it serves no purpose I guess.

Posted via CB10
    And flicking word suggestions, also word deleting, also switching to symbols and numbers, this keyboard can do everything my z10 virtual keyboard can , and I use the swipe gestures everrryyy time

Aftab
    07-19-14 06:08 AM
    This was an interesting video. I do wish we could see someone actually type though. I'd really like to see the word prediction and swipe to delete in action.

I only noticed lag on the keyboard scrolling when a picture heavy website was loaded up. It seemed more an effect of the browser than the keyboard. There wasn't any lag previous to that and there wasn't any when he was playing with the trackpad demo/trial area.

As more videos are released I'm sure we'll get a better idea of how it works, but I really want to try this baby out for myself.
    07-19-14 10:15 AM
64 123