Much as I love it, the time has come to sell my Passport on. But I can't disable BlackBerry Protect.

If I turn it off on the phone. according to the website it is still on and if I reboot, if comes back on on the device.

If I remove the device from the website, it still stays on on the phone. If I also remove it on the phone as well as the wesbite, next reboot it turns itself on again on the phone and on the website.

Has anyone got a method of getting this to work?

Phone is a SQW100-1 on build 10.3.3.2137.
    09-08-19 02:03 PM
    I have exact the same problem at my passport and my classic. But I have no idea if this matters or not after december

Posted via CB10
    09-08-19 04:40 PM
    Much as I love it, the time has come to sell my Passport on. But I can't disable BlackBerry Protect.

If I turn it off on the phone. according to the website it is still on and if I reboot, if comes back on on the device.

If I remove the device from the website, it still stays on on the phone. If I also remove it on the phone as well as the wesbite, next reboot it turns itself on again on the phone and on the website.

Has anyone got a method of getting this to work?

Phone is a SQW100-1 on build 10.3.3.2137.
    When you turn it off on the device, wait until the cycle completes. It could take a few minutes.

Only after you can leave the Protect menu, and then go back to it while it remains off is it safe to reset.

There have also been intermittent issues with the BB10 BBID infrastructure, so you may have to wait a couple of days to see if it will resolve.
    09-08-19 07:33 PM