Just got my Passport SE and love it. But I'm having trouble restoring it with my last detail from my classic. Tried via blackberry link and kept getting error messages. TMOBILE also tried via their inhouse contraption as well as by Gmai and by memory card with no luck. They suggested I call TMOBILE tech support. Anyone else have this problem? Thank You

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 03:18 PM
    Do you still have the Classic? If so, you should try Switch Devices > Transfer Data.
    02-24-16 03:22 PM
    Do you still have the Classic? If so, you should try Switch Devices > Transfer Data.
    Thank You! I will try that

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 04:16 PM
    Also keep in mind, even though both devices run BB10, things like settings or certain apps may not transfer. But if you do a restore of things like contacts, it might work without error.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 04:25 PM
    If I back up my phone, if it got stolen would you be able to restore the new phone from the back up or am I wasting my time backing it up?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 05:10 PM
    Also keep in mind, even though both devices run BB10, things like settings or certain apps may not transfer. But if you do a restore of things like contacts, it might work without error.

Posted via CB10
    At this point I just minimally want my contacts restored. I can manually do everything Else

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 05:14 PM
    If I back up my phone, if it got stolen would you be able to restore the new phone from the back up or am I wasting my time backing it up?

Posted via CB10
    If you had a new Passport, it would need to be on the same OS version, I believe to restore. What I keep my backups for is in case I have to wipe my phone or reload the OS.

I use an app, ContactsImEx to save my contacts info to my SD card, and also a copy on my computer and in my Dropbox.
    ContactsImEx - BlackBerry World
    texn884 likes this.
    02-24-16 05:39 PM
    The only thing that has messed up restore between different devices for me is different OS versions. Specifically trying to restore a newer OS file to a older OS device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-24-16 07:03 PM
    If you had a new Passport, it would need to be on the same OS version, I believe to restore. What I keep my backups for is in case I have to wipe my phone or reload the OS.

I use an app, ContactsImEx to save my contacts info to my SD card, and also a copy on my computer and in my Dropbox.
    ContactsImEx - BlackBerry World
    Thank You Denise In Los Angeles, the app you suggested worked perfectly!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 07:06 PM
    I recently changed from a Z10 to a BBPPSE and used link with no issues.

My only caveat is my Contacts are hugely important and I have over 650 so I also use"Back Up pro" app from BlackBerry World

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    02-25-16 06:49 AM
    You can always keep your contacts backed up to Gmail etc. When u put in your account details in the new phone it will ensure all contacts are loaded

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 08:00 AM