thats so not true, my problem is the $350 difference two weeks after launch. no other brands do that in such a short time span. but even then at least i could get their phone as an upgrade from my carrier

edit: actually apple wont even do such price drop in a year yet alone in 2 weeks
    10-04-14 09:42 AM
    Hey

So a few days ago I preordered the passport for 650 eur and it should come to my country in November... okay, waiting 2 months and paying more, fine. But now that Canada and US got another 15% discount I just can't justify it anymore. I'm very frustrated. No BlackBerry support in my country, several hundreds of dollars more expensive and you can't even blame it on VAT anymore, forcing me to wait several months as well and in case anything happens to my device it will take months to get it repaired because theres no service here, faulty devices are sent back to some other country. I'm probably going to cancel my pre order and get some other device from other manufacturer when I feel an upgrade is worth it. I just can't keep supporting a brand that intentionally rips off loyal customers and offers huge discounts in other parts of the world

Is it just me?

Sorry for the rant

Edit: for reference I paid 70% more than people in the usa with this new discount and taxes included

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    I'd think you knew exactly what you were paying when you bought the device and what you'd get out of it. You weren't (hopefully) forced to buy it and I'm assuming you paid for it because you thought the device/experience was worth it. So, all things -- you, device, experience -- being equal, if it was worth it then, how does anyone else being in a better position than you change anything for you? If you thought it was worth paying 15% more you should not have an issue with people getting a better deal than you. Pretty sure you wouldn't cry foul if the prices were to go up and everyone else had to pay more for it. So long as you pay for what you think deserves your earned money, you shouldn't be jealous of what others pay for something they deem good enough to spend their money on.

Posted via CB10
    joewoo and Shadowyugi like this.
    10-04-14 09:43 AM
    i dont care about the actual price, the problem is with the company who is intentionally ripping people off. why should i support them? would YOU pay $820 for something being sold for $470?
    10-04-14 09:48 AM
    Should I start to complain because you might have a better job then me! Should I also rant because you might pay lower taxes then I do or your life style is better then mine.

There are reasons behind this and I must say that in Canada this is a way to screw the carriers for not supporting there home country. Every site I go into has an IPhone or a Samsung on the front page. So much for introducing the hot new item!
    LoneStarRed and timeride like this.
    10-04-14 09:58 AM
    It was/is actually a +25% discount, not 15... FYI

Posted via CB10
    Lol. That' just not right. Pouring salt on.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-04-14 10:00 AM
    I got mine for free with a contract. I have been paying the same for years and am receiving more data with every upgrade....

Just because on the other side of the world they have created a coupon which was supposed to be used on other hardware, you are fed up that you ordered a phone for the whole list price, knowing that it is not available for a long time?

I would cancel the order and look online for a faster deliver/better deal.

There have been several sites mentioned that ship globally for a better price.

BlackBerry has created the phone, Digital river is doing their marketing. Someone has leaked a discount coupon which has been just meant for select few.
    This is happening all the time with all companies.
    Don't See a big problem here. As long as you have a chance to change, change.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-04-14 10:02 AM
    i dont care about the actual price, the problem is with the company who is intentionally ripping people off. why should i support them? would YOU pay $820 for something being sold for $470?
    They aren't intentionally ripping anyone off... they have a promotion going on in a market in which they're currently struggling, in an attempt to build their presence. This is a common technique employed by almost every company in every field.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 10:03 AM
    Have you been on CrackBerry long enough to hear the many people say that there WILL be a price drop if you wait a bit?

I understand stand you feel aggrieved. But it will not be the last time you pay more as an early adopter of technology! That is part of the implicit contract you agree to as being one of the first.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-04-14 10:06 AM
    oh well if you want to complain about taxes im all up to that i pay 39%+VAT which is 27% here (highest in europe). compared to the average salary here and the price of tech, everything is relatively 2.5 times more expensive here. but i didnt even want to go into that
    10-04-14 10:07 AM
    It s worth it. I have had every BlackBerry since the 87xx and this one is just amazing. Have a iPhone as well, but the Passport rocks

Posted with my Passport #workwide
    10-04-14 10:07 AM
    honestly im not seeing a price drop in the foreseeable future. the passport is selling very well and they wont make the same mistake of producing huge inventories once again. and im not even an early adopter, i have to wait more than 2 months to get it here.

edit: also, for the company's sake im hoping there wont be any price drop in a year. i do want a blackberry come back, been using blackberries since i got my first smartphone and i love them
    10-04-14 10:09 AM
    I live in Belgium, and waiting my turn get this when it available here, i self tried to get the VIP discounted PP the price was $699-$174.75=$524.25,you may add shipping fee, so it's not that 470$ you are talking about
    10-04-14 10:10 AM
    oh well if you want to complain about taxes im all up to that i pay 39%+VAT which is 27% here (highest in europe). compared to the average salary here and the price of tech, everything is relatively 2.5 times more expensive here. but i didnt even want to go into that
    Ok so... move to another country or stop complaining. I'm sure the price of some discretionary (optional) items being higher must come with some advantages in other aspects of life there. Things like health-care, education quality, social services, etc... which are not discretionary.

You lose some and win some, but you probably win the ones that really matter.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 10:13 AM
    the discounted price is not just for the VIP version, people buy that because its still in stock
    10-04-14 10:13 AM
    Also, you guys do realize these things are being made in Mexico. Most likely US and Canada have the lowest import costs due to NAFTA,.. with cheapest transport costs to the US.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 10:16 AM
    the discounted price is not just for the VIP version, people buy that because its still in stock
    The dicounted vip Passport is 524.75$ not much difference with the launch price 599 $ from BBshop
    10-04-14 10:19 AM
    the vip passport is $700 without discount. the normal version is $449+taxes ~ $470 with the discount
    10-04-14 10:23 AM
    If I were in the market for a Passport I would be as much upset as the OP is.
    Here the Passport is 550 EUR excluding VAT or about 690 USD i.e., about 50% more than what those who benefited from the discount paid.

I wouldn't like to feel I am subsidising the US market or paying much more than will be available a little later.

These huge discrepancies in pricing only damage the brand and the products and are likely to deter purchases in markets elsewhere than where the big discount is offered.

Plus I find it a bit hypocritical to encourage the OP to go forward with his purchase when many of those who bought the Passport at a discount did it only thanks to the price, with some purchasers even returning or cancelling prior purchases...

Posted via CB10 from Z30
    anon8656116 likes this.
    10-04-14 10:24 AM
    Cancel your order now. Basically passport is just refurbished two z10's. BlackBerry initially combined two z10's to make a passport. So I must say this hyped passport device is just an old stock of BlackBerry in their warehouse, glued together, and launched at a premium price.

Posted via CB10
    You're seriously not that dumb right?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 10:26 AM
    the vip passport is $700 without discount. the normal version is $449+taxes ~ $470 with the discount
    Did you try to get one, because i did, the price was 525$
    10-04-14 10:28 AM
    i couldnt try to get the normal version as it was already out of stock, but in the other topic they say normal is $470-499 based on state taxes and the vip version is ~$530
    10-04-14 10:30 AM
    I'm bummed too - all set to buy the PP with the big discount code but I wouldn't be home to sign for it when it arrived. No more Blackberry purchases from me ever again!
    10-04-14 10:35 AM
    i couldnt try to get the normal version as it was already out of stock, but in the other topic they say normal is $470-499 based on state taxes and the vip version is ~$530
    Lol! you are wrong the normal still $699 , using dicount coupon you get $524.75, i did try myself, link were provided in that topic
    10-04-14 10:38 AM
    If I were in the market for a Passport I would be as much upset as the OP is.
    Here the Passport is 550 EUR excluding VAT or about 690 USD i.e., about 50% more than what those who benefited from the discount paid.

I wouldn't like to feel I am subsidising the US market or paying much more than will be available a little later.

These huge discrepancies in pricing only damage the brand and the products and are likely to deter purchases in markets elsewhere than where the big discount is offered.

Plus I find it a bit hypocritical to encourage the OP to go forward with his purchase when many of those who bought the Passport at a discount did it only thanks to the price, with some purchasers even returning or cancelling prior purchases...

Posted via CB10 from Z30
    I don't think it's 50% bud

Rockin the Q
    When looking at any piece of technology, I noticed that Europe is almost always paying twice as much as the us.... I am losing business customers due to those differences and cannot say anything about it.
    At least we are not getting gauged as much as our Australian fellas.

Looking at the US prices of a product for people in Europe is like looking at the wholesale price of a product with quantities above 1000.
    It seems unfair that some massive companies get their toys almost for free due to bulk discounts.

There is just no effective way to compare prices globally and be able to justify them properly. It just is what it is.

It used to be cheaper to fly to the US, buy the adobe suits, enjoy a weekend there and to fly back to Europe or Australia, than to buy the products in Europe/ Australia.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
79 1234