Hey

So a few days ago I preordered the passport for 650 eur and it should come to my country in November... okay, waiting 2 months and paying more, fine. But now that Canada and US got another 15% discount I just can't justify it anymore. I'm very frustrated. No BlackBerry support in my country, several hundreds of dollars more expensive and you can't even blame it on VAT anymore, forcing me to wait several months as well and in case anything happens to my device it will take months to get it repaired because theres no service here, faulty devices are sent back to some other country. I'm probably going to cancel my pre order and get some other device from other manufacturer when I feel an upgrade is worth it. I just can't keep supporting a brand that intentionally rips off loyal customers and offers huge discounts in other parts of the world

Is it just me?

Sorry for the rant

Edit: for reference I paid 70% more than people in the usa with this new discount and taxes included

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    10-04-14 05:20 AM
    Yes, this is unfair. The way I remember it being is that other countries do get screwed unfortunately by multiple corporations. Is it possible to find a Passport on, say, eBay or Amazon where they don't have the markup? I know you might have to wait longer but it's a possibility. If you enjoy using a BlackBerry device, I think you should stick with it.
    10-04-14 05:39 AM
    Cancel your order now. Basically passport is just refurbished two z10's. BlackBerry initially combined two z10's to make a passport. So I must say this hyped passport device is just an old stock of BlackBerry in their warehouse, glued together, and launched at a premium price.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 05:41 AM
    Cancel your order now. Basically passport is just refurbished two z10's. BlackBerry initially combined two z10's to make a passport. So I must say this hyped passport device is just an old stock of BlackBerry in their warehouse, glued together, and launched at a premium price.

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle and jmaxim917 like this.
    10-04-14 05:52 AM
    Um. Why are you under the impression this is different to any other product? All companies price locally and have offers locally.

Posted via CB10
    sonicpix likes this.
    10-04-14 05:54 AM
    If you bought some other device, would you be paying the US price? Wouldn't you still be paying much more?

Also, if you buy a Samsung device, for example, do they offer local service in your country if something goes wrong with it?
    Kyle Andrei likes this.
    10-04-14 06:13 AM
    Hey

So a few days ago I preordered the passport for 650 eur and it should come to my country in November... okay, waiting 2 months and paying more, fine. But now that Canada and US got another 15% discount I just can't justify it anymore. I'm very frustrated. No BlackBerry support in my country, several hundreds of dollars more expensive and you can't even blame it on VAT anymore, forcing me to wait several months as well and in case anything happens to my device it will take months to get it repaired because theres no service here, faulty devices are sent back to some other country. I'm probably going to cancel my pre order and get some other device from other manufacturer when I feel an upgrade is worth it. I just can't keep supporting a brand that intentionally rips off loyal customers and offers huge discounts in other parts of the world

Is it just me?

Sorry for the rant

Edit: for reference I paid 70% more than people in the usa with this new discount and taxes included

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    Where do you live?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:23 AM
    If it's any comfort, a lot of us in North America missed the discount.

I ordered mine last night thru shopblackberry.ca, THEN came here, then saw the discount, then saw it was exhausted.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    10-04-14 06:30 AM
    If you bought some other device, would you be paying the US price? Wouldn't you still be paying much more?

Also, if you buy a Samsung device, for example, do they offer local service in your country if something goes wrong with it?
    Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:07 AM
    Sadly, the old saying applies, "Those that can pay, can play."

Can have pretty much whatever you want in this would as long as you can afford it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-04-14 07:25 AM
    Do you have someone who could purchase where available and ship it to you? Would be a cheaper route all around, been seeing some people on CrackBerry going that way instead of waiting.

Posted via Q10
    10-04-14 08:00 AM
    I am not sure how that could be BlackBerry setting the price that high, I currently live in Haiti and yesterday I was passing next to my carrier and went in it just to go look at the Q10, it was still 600 USD.... depending where you live they will jack up the price...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 08:18 AM
    The 15% off was stumbled upon and there is a possibility that it might not be honored...which would cause all kinds of issues in itself. Anyway with exchange rates and taxes prices may not always appear equal.

600 is a lot to fork over (I did). And I am happy for those who got it cheaper, but while I wish I did, I paid what I expected and decided to buy at. Happy with the device I am, so not looking back at this point.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    10-04-14 08:33 AM
    I have ordered it for �404.17 + customs tax (or VAT as applicable) through Clove. They seems to be processing it much faster. I can confirm the delivery once I receive it.
    10-04-14 08:58 AM
    I am not sure how that could be BlackBerry setting the price that high, I currently live in Haiti and yesterday I was passing next to my carrier and went in it just to go look at the Q10, it was still 600 USD.... depending where you live they will jack up the price...
    It's probably not BlackBerry who is setting that price.

For example, how much is a GS5 in that same shop? Or an iPhone 6?
    10-04-14 09:00 AM
    I live in hungary, actually both samsung and apple have multiple local services, when I had a galaxy s4 too they even offered on site service included in the price. And while I can understand different pricing, but less than 2 weeks after the release and 70% is not something I've seen from any other brand

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    10-04-14 09:09 AM
    I live in hungary, actually both samsung and apple have multiple local services, when I had a galaxy s4 too they even offered on site service included in the price. And while I can understand different pricing, but less than 2 weeks after the release and 70% is not something I've seen from any other brand
    Well then I can understand your point on service. I suppose that's easier because your reseller or carrier sold a LOT more S4's than BlackBerry's.

How much does an iPhone 6 cost there?
    10-04-14 09:11 AM
    OP,
    You do realize that nothing has changed for you, right? The amount you paid, the time you'll wait, and the experience you'll get is the same right now as it was the moment that you placed your order.
    Other individuals might have a different situation than you, and their purchasing experience might be different day to day or different from yours, but in no way has yours fluctuated at all.
    Your frustration here seems to be motivated by either jealousy or a comparison of your experience to others living in a different place and a different market. My advice would be to make purchase decisions based on your own wants, needs, and budget, and to ignore the opportunities and decisions of others that have no effect on you; likely, there will always be someone getting a different and / or better deal than you, and I mean no disrespect when I say that (only one individual, out of six billion, technically, can get the best deal; those are not good odds). It will make life more enjoyable.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:14 AM
    the iPhone 5s costs 700 USD here directly from apple, that's almost exactly just VAT included US price (550*1.27). Carriers have already abandoned blackberry, so I even have to pay full price to get it yet I have two upgrades at T-Mobile available, but at the time I preordered I didnt mind that either
    10-04-14 09:19 AM
    Being upset that a relatively few took advantage of that discount seems silly to me and little bit whiny, to be honest. It was just pure luck if you were around during that.

Also, I really would like to understand how you think you're paying 70% more. It sounds WAY off and an exaggeration. Remove the VAT that you'd have to pay anyway first.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:20 AM
    my problem is that I feel that I'm getting less for more and don't feel like supporting a company anymore that only seem to care about america. Why isn't there a European discount in the first place? European countries are even charged extra VAT, yet no discount available and shipping is also included in price, while the already discounted US price gets cut by another 15%.
    10-04-14 09:25 AM
    Being upset that a relatively few took advantage of that discount seems silly to me and little bit whiny, to be honest. It was just pure luck if you were around during that.

Also, I really would like to understand how you think you're paying 70% more. It sounds WAY off and an exaggeration. Remove the VAT that you'd have to pay anyway first.

Posted via CB10
    if i remove the vat its still 640 USD + shipping
    10-04-14 09:28 AM
    It was/is actually a +25% discount, not 15... FYI

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    10-04-14 09:31 AM
    my problem is that I feel that I'm getting less for more and don't feel like supporting a company anymore that only seem to care about america. Why isn't there a European discount in the first place? European countries are even charged extra VAT, yet no discount available and shipping is also included in price, while the already discounted US price gets cut by another 15%.
    Just let it go man. If you want to stop supporting BlackBerry because of this, you might as well stop supporting other companies too. Sony, Apple, Microsoft, etc. You'll never be happy. They all cater to another country more than they do some others. It is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:35 AM
    It was/is actually a +25% discount, not 15... FYI

Posted via CB10
    Ha... kick him while he's down
    10-04-14 09:35 AM
79 123 ...