Hi,

Got the passport on launch, so thought I'd install snap since everyone is raving about it.

Followed all of Bla1ze instructions...
    All i get is:
    Reload the page. When i connect to the comp, i put my ip in. It searches and says continue as it's not trusted. So i proceed, and then says can't connect, nothing to connect to.
    Says web page unavailable.
    Went through everything, turned of antivirus etc installed the extension.

I know so many threads already, can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:49 AM
    It sounds like you were trying the Chrome extension to load it. Try this method. It worked well for my Passport, as it has on my other BB 10 devices.

Install Snap using Sachesi:
    1. Download the appropriate Sachesi version here: Sachesi
    2. Un-archive the exe file (currently a 7zip file)
    3. Put the exe file in a folder on it's own on your computer (it's a stand-alone program)
    4. Download Snap here: Snap Google Play Client
    5. Plug your device into your computer.
    6. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    7. Click on the install tab.
    8. Drag/drop the Snap bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.
    9. When complete, unplug your device. You're done, enjoy.

*** Note that BlackBerry Link must already installed on the computer (this installs drivers you'll need).
    *** "Development Mode" is not required when using Sachesi.
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    *** Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed" must be enabled to install APK's.
    CBtx likes this.
    10-08-14 07:59 AM
    It sounds like you were trying the Chrome extension to load it. Try this method. It worked well for my Passport, as it has on my other BB 10 devices.

3. Put the exe file in a folder on it's own on your computer (it's a stand-alone program)
    6. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    8. Drag/drop the Snap bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.

*** Note that BlackBerry Link must already installed on the computer (this installs drivers you'll need).
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    *** Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed" must be enabled to install APK's.
    Thank you, when i connect my phone to the comp do i sign in to BlackBerry link?or leave it?
    When i connect BlackBerry link opens up asking for my device password...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 08:05 AM
    I got the same problem, and I actually have a thread going on BB10 Android App Sideloading forum about it.

In my case, I have development mode blocked by my company's IT policy. Sachesi didn't do it for me. Really trying to figure this out... I hope there's a workaround...
    10-08-14 08:09 AM
    Hi,

Got the passport on launch, so thought I'd install snap since everyone is raving about it.

Followed all of Bla1ze instructions...
    All i get is:
    Reload the page. When i connect to the comp, i put my ip in. It searches and says continue as it's not trusted. So i proceed, and then says can't connect, nothing to connect to.
    Says web page unavailable.
    Went through everything, turned of antivirus etc installed the extension.

I know so many threads already, can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Turn off fire wall as your antivirus may be interfering an hiding your ip address and ports.

another easy way is to also download sachesi, plug your device into the data cable and side load to device.
    10-08-14 08:21 AM
    Thank you, when i connect my phone to the comp do i sign in to BlackBerry link?or leave it?

Posted via CB10
    Link has to be installed and you should be signed in . But, do not have Link open.
    10-08-14 08:22 AM
    I got the same problem, and I actually have a thread going on BB10 Android App Sideloading forum about it.

In my case, I have development mode blocked by my company's IT policy. Sachesi didn't do it for me. Really trying to figure this out... I hope there's a workaround...
    Do you have Link installed, and are you able to open it and have your device recognized?

I'm not a BES guy, but I believe I read that it is possible for the BES admin to restrict side-loading. That may be the issue.
    10-08-14 08:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Disable the option to automatically start Link when you connect the device.

Posted via CB10
    Ecm likes this.
    10-08-14 08:26 AM
    Disable the option to automatically start Link when you connect the device.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. Mine has always been disabled, so I forgot about that.
    10-08-14 08:29 AM
    I used the chrome extension no problems here.
    10-08-14 08:52 AM
    Do you have Link installed, and are you able to open it and have your device recognized?

I'm not a BES guy, but I believe I read that it is possible for the BES admin to restrict side-loading. That may be the issue.
    I do have Link installed, and I can open it and have my device recognized. I've used it to load some mp3 files on my Passport too.

I had Link open while trying to sideload Sachesi. Is it important not to have it open, as it seems like it's being suggested to JUNNY89? If so, that's something I should try when I get home.
    10-08-14 09:19 AM
    I do have Link installed, and I can open it and have my device recognized. I've used it to load some mp3 files on my Passport too.

I had Link open while trying to sideload Sachesi. Is it important not to have it open, as it seems like it's being suggested to JUNNY89? If so, that's something I should try when I get home.
    Yeah... it's important not to have it open.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    I close link with task manager on my computer, that is what is messing you up. Don't forget to put your device into development mode. Ive done this on a friends laptop, NO LINK INSTALLED and using the chrome method. worked a peach, no problems at all. Did this on a mac without link on it, no problems either. Just make certain you have Development Mode turned on in security settings. I am surprised and kind of disappointed that nobody else in that thread mentioned development mode, because without that on, you are wasting your time. [security and privacy>> Development Mode>> set to on, enter your pw, close settings window
    and you are set to go.
    10-08-14 10:24 AM
    Yeah... it's important not to have it open.

Posted via CB10
    I had all antivirus etc turned off.
    I tried it with link open and closed and nothing.

Untill i tried the sachi version which worked straight away and snap is now installed

Thanks everyone!

Just the stupid barclays app won't open! Just downloaded from snap.

Btw can you buy paid apps? Or can we only download free ones

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:27 AM
    I had all antivirus etc turned off.
    I tried it with link open and closed and nothing.

Untill i tried the sachi version which worked straight away and snap is now installed

Thanks everyone!

Just the stupid barclays app won't open! Just downloaded from snap.

Btw can you buy paid apps? Or can we only download free ones

Posted via CB10
    You can install paid apps that you have purchased using a real android device... which is why I keep around a few old android devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:36 AM
    Developer mode turned on?
    10-08-14 11:11 AM
    You can install paid apps that you have purchased using a real android device... which is why I keep around a few old android devices.

Posted via CB10
    You're right all my old android apps are available!

Only prob is some close as you open them? Is this normal?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:42 AM
    You're right all my old android apps are available!

Only prob is some close as you open them? Is this normal?

Posted via CB10
    Try doing a hard reset of the device (hold down both up and down volume keys until it restarts). Sometimes this fixes issues. If not, then the app likely relies on Google play services and won't work without it being patched (you can search around here to learn about patching apps using Cobalt's tools).

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 12:12 PM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been trying on and off for months to get Snap installed on my Z10 using the Chrome extension with no success (had no problem sideloading on my PlayBook). I followed the steps you listed and it worked!
    10-08-14 12:19 PM
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been trying on and off for months to get Snap installed on my Z10 using the Chrome extension with no success (had no problem sideloading on my PlayBook). I followed the steps you listed and it worked!
    You're welcome. That's what we're here for.

There's an ongoing (usually) friendly debate about the Sachesi vs. Chrome methods. I've used both, but just happen to prefer Sachesi as Sachesi has additional functions it can perform and doesn't require the development mode. Everyone has a preference, but at least we have options.
    10-08-14 12:57 PM
    Try doing a hard reset of the device (hold down both up and down volume keys until it restarts). Sometimes this fixes issues. If not, then the app likely relies on Google play services and won't work without it being patched (you can search around here to learn about patching apps using Cobalt's tools).

Posted via CB10
    Have many people done this patching? Is it effective? Is it long to do?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 01:57 PM
    I use DPBB for sideloading snap etc on my Passport, Z10 and Playbook no probs...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-09-14 05:31 PM