I know people in healthcare who are doing cartwheels that the Passport even exists. My wife being a nurse practitioner dealing with medical files and test results on a constant basis is about as excited about it as she possibly can be, she's particularly looking forward to being able to put her bulky, industrial "tablet" to rest, the thing weighs a ton and is about as slow as molasses in winter.
    My wife is a Nurse as well.

And if that tablet she's hoping to put down is an iPad, the Passport isn't going to make that possible I'm afraid. As all the apps she needs a device to run are *ahem* iOS only.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-11-14 04:35 AM
    Some people just don't like choice and variety...and would prefer the "lada" version of a phone...

(ps- the lada was the Soviet era one size fits all version of a car)!!

CB10/Z10
    Lada rocked we had one, and turned it into a dune buggy for riding on the fields. Even left the windshield wipers on the headlights.. Tough car to kill .
    07-11-14 10:41 AM
    Sony xperia ULTRA

the 6.9 inch phone?

Can't imagine anyone using this phone-xl_sony-xperia-z-ultra-hands-6-624.jpg

"i just can't imagine someone using this!!! waahhhh wahhhh wahhh"

"i cant do it!! i just cant imagine it!! please help me imagine it!!!"
    lift likes this.
    07-11-14 12:58 PM
    is anyone an imagination professional to help me imagine it!??
    07-11-14 01:00 PM
    So we have gone from the huge cell phones in the 1980's to small phones in the early 2000's to huge smart-phones in the 2010's.

Posted via CB10
    anon(7915689) likes this.
    07-11-14 01:13 PM
    So we have gone from the huge cell phones in the 1980's to small phones in the early 2000's to huge smart-phones in the 2010's.

Posted via CB10
    I started with a Motorola "bag" phone. High power and high cost. IIRC, my plan was 100 minutes for $100 USD

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 01:26 PM
    Can't get around big phones

too big

don't like it
    07-11-14 02:32 PM
    BlackBerry Passport may revolutionized the norm size and look of smartphones nowadays... but in the end of a day, most smart phone users will still prefer something that will able them to read, post comments and/or update their status on most commonly social media apps and play those famous games (no matter how lame they are)...

BlackBerry still missing that part...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 11:43 PM
    BlackBerry Passport may revolutionized the norm size and look of smartphones nowadays... but in the end of a day, most smart phone users will still prefer something that will able them to read, post comments and/or update their status on most commonly social media apps and play those famous games (no matter how lame they are)...

BlackBerry still missing that part...

Posted via CB10
    blackberry has all the major social media apps native.

TOP 3 ON EARTH Facts in numbers all native: (numbers from July 2014)
    Facebook -900,000,000
    Twitter -310,000,000
    LinkedIn -255,000,000

iGran *instagram native* not to mention official version works flawless on 10.3 from amazon partnership (only 100,000,000) As you can see not many ppl on instagram and some probably a lot of those 100 M are not that active.
    snap2chat *snapchat native* same as above (number not found probably less then 50 million)

Those 4 are the major social media ones.

If you use anything else you are in a minority.
    07-12-14 01:09 AM
    Can't get around big phones

too big

don't like it
    Getting real tired of people like you who beat about the bush and just can't get to the damn point!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-12-14 01:39 AM
    Come on stop commenting on here go make ur own thread please

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 12:48 PM
    Speaking for MYSELF, I had no interest at all in another keyboard phone, but yes, I actually do like the look of the Passport, and that touch-sensitive keyboard sounds very interesting. They've invented a whole new kind of phone here.

I also know that this phone is going to get a lot of attention. I like that.
    That's what I've been saying....capacitive keyboard...this thing oozes productivity. Some members complain about the symbols on the screen but when you look at the screen when the symbols are present....you still have plenty of screen to see what's being type, etc etc.

BlackBerry's taking there time with this one because they know they got a winner!!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 01:29 PM
    That's what I've been saying....capacitive keyboard...this thing oozes productivity. Some members complain about the symbols on the screen but when you look at the screen when the symbols are present....you still have plenty of screen to see what's being type, etc etc.

BlackBerry's taking there time with this one because they know they got a winner!!

Posted via CB10
    Same here, I've no interest in a keyboard. The predictive text on my Z10 has been outstanding. However, I'd go for this in a heartbeat. It's the best of both worlds in my opinion. Not to mention the specs are on point.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 01:38 PM
    I'm just saying i cannot imagine anyone using it
    And i was under impression that the porsche didn't do so well, i'm surprised it did though

I can understand that big hand people might use it but still there is just something about it that i don't like

And i was not talking about software because i am not techie person, i was on about the physical look

Maybe cause i dont think it is feminine
    Put a hot pink jelly case on it.
    I don't really see a phone from a feminine perspective until it is clad in a feminine color.
    What phone design do you find feminine? Or is it the size that helps that perception for you.
    I love the small size and design of the Bold 9780, but could see it viewed favorably, or more attractive to a woman simply based on its size.
    I think a white Passport might strike you differently. There is an unconfirmed white one in a post by Bla1ze somewhere on the site.
    07-13-14 07:34 PM
    I like the q10 and you are right bout colour because white passport look better

But I conclude that that phone just don't float my boat

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 08:28 PM
    I feel it's like the porches all over again
    I wonder how many people would enjoy this oversized phone

Posted via CB10
    You need to have a bigger imagination and not so limited..

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 08:39 PM
    Recently, it is common for the upside-down cross to be used as a symbol of atheism, humanism, and the occult. Several black metal bands use an inverted cross to call attention to their supposed devotion to Satan. Upside-down crosses appear in horror movies such as The Omen and The Conjuring as a signal of demonic activity. The symbol crops up in tattoos, on pendants, and as a logo on t-shirts. Sometimes, it is accompanied by statements such as ?Believe in Yourself,? ?There Is No God,? ?Black Mass,? or ?Not Transformed.? In these contexts, the obvious intent of the inverted cross is to declare an opposition to Christianity. Turning the cross upside down becomes a means of denying the truth of Christ and mocking His sacrifice.

Posted via CB10
    Yes precisely.. my point though was this... and I hope this post doesn't get deleted.. so I'll add that.. *In my opinion* it means nothing.. despite what it symbolises.. it does nothing...

It's hard to really say what I'm trying to say, so pm me if u wanna discuss

Posted via CB10
    itsachickthing likes this.
    07-14-14 02:40 AM
    My wife is a Nurse as well.

And if that tablet she's hoping to put down is an iPad, the Passport isn't going to make that possible I'm afraid. As all the apps she needs a device to run are *ahem* iOS only.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    This is the only issue.. all the medical apps are on ios ( or android), not.only that, when word spreads about the apps.. it's that it is available on ios, and u should really get an apple device cos it helps with prescribing, or doing a certain investigation ..etc

It will never be.. get a bb10, go through the hassle of loading a second app store and download it from there. If it's even available on android.. or amazon store for that matter , if it isn't, some side loading will have to be carried out for stores like snap...

Dr's and nurses are worked into the ground. They are here in the UK at least..

So as someone once said.. 'ain't nobody got time for dat'

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 02:44 AM
    Very true

I wonder
    It's just too square

Posted via CB10
    How can anything be too square?
    07-14-14 05:04 AM
    Sony xperia ULTRA

the 6.9 inch phone?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xl_Sony-Xperia-Z-Ultra-Hands-6-624.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	284458

"i just can't imagine someone using this!!! waahhhh wahhhh wahhh"

"i cant do it!! i just cant imagine it!! please help me imagine it!!!"
    OK, besides the Passport, THAT is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. How can anyone (except a giant) use that as a phone??
    07-14-14 09:59 AM
    Hahaha I guess the 200 000 people who already bought the phone wanted to use it, excluding who knows how many people pre-ordered it through their carriers here in Canada.

Plus all the people waiting for restocks in store and online...

Posted via an amazing Q10 and CB10!
    09-30-14 08:29 PM
121 ... 345