Funny I can.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-04-14 11:46 PM
    Because I'm not a fanatic
    I look at a phone
    Look at features then get it
    Use it till it breaks

Posted via CB10
    Because I'm not a fanatic - Because I don't like it, anyone that does must be a fanatic
    I Look at the phone - I look at the pictures or videos of the phone
    Look at features - I look at the features through pictures and videos of an unreleased phone
    Use it till it breaks -
    Thunderbuck and spikesolie like this.
    07-05-14 07:05 AM
    Ummm actually no, it is not much bigger than that...it just about exactly the same size.

Attachment 282992
    Oh, a Canadian passport. Well, that's your problem right there.
    07-05-14 08:19 AM
    I know people in healthcare who are doing cartwheels that the Passport even exists. My wife being a nurse practitioner dealing with medical files and test results on a constant basis is about as excited about it as she possibly can be, she's particularly looking forward to being able to put her bulky, industrial "tablet" to rest, the thing weighs a ton and is about as slow as molasses in winter.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-05-14 09:06 AM
    Based on photos, it's definitely not the sexiest phone on the market. I'm sure they could've made the device look more attractive.
    It's an engineering issue. This device is going to be marketed to healthcare and while the square, sharp shape may be unattractive to some it's done that way to ensure perfect, tight seals to reduce bacteria and viral build ups. The keyboard was designed with the same idea in mind. Also, it's much easier to clean and sterilise.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-05-14 09:11 AM
    It's an engineering issue. This device is going to be marketed to healthcare and while the square, sharp shape may be unattractive to some it's done that way to ensure perfect, tight seals to reduce bacteria and viral build ups. The keyboard was designed with the same idea in mind. Also, it's much easier to clean and sterilise.
    I understand your wife's excitement over the large screen to allow for better readability of certain documents, but where did you get the information on tight seals and avoidance of bacteria buildups from? Do you have BB insider information?
    And, besides certain conversations in this forum here, I have not seen nor heard of evidence for the device going to be marketed to healthcare.

These are serious questions, no attacks. I'm just curious, and maybe I overlooked/overread something.
    07-05-14 09:20 AM
    I feel it's like the porches all over again
    I wonder how many people would enjoy this oversized phone

Posted via CB10
    I will get the Passport for sure, and for the first rime ever I am actually considering to buy at premium price the Porsche Design version if they plan to build one version based on the Passport!!

This phone is all the reasons why I love BlackBerry: awesome communication tool, great productivity, long battery life and for the first time also big screen real estate together with the physical keyboard!

Also it is finally a phone that stands out and it id different from all the other devices out there.. So well I will be one of the people who will buy it!!!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-05-14 09:45 AM
    I understand your wife's excitement over the large screen to allow for better readability of certain documents, but where did you get the information on tight seals and avoidance of bacteria buildups from? Do you have BB insider information?
    And, besides certain conversations in this forum here, I have not seen nor heard of evidence for the device going to be marketed to healthcare.

These are serious questions, no attacks. I'm just curious, and maybe I overlooked/overread something.
    I work in a parallel industry to BlackBerry and over the years have befriended a few people there. I don't dig for information but stuff is said in casual conversations. I generally don't mention what I hear, I have no idea if what I'm told is privileged or not so I mostly keep my mouth shut, but this seemed so logical that I doubt it's a big state secret especially after my wife read an article from her "union" that NantHealth would be marketing the phone to healthcare providers and they had input in the design.

I have no interest in the device itself outside of the fact it's a bold, aggressive device but I'm very interested in what the final specs will look like.
    jaydee5799 and gnirkatto like this.
    07-05-14 09:59 AM
    I will

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:34 AM
    I must say your passport is bigger than mine.
    Mine has the same width with Z30.

WhiteZ30 OS10.3.0.700
    I have a US passport and the Canada passport definitely looks bigger.
    07-05-14 11:43 AM
    I cant wait for this bad *** phone. I was unhappy when BlackBerry went from larger phones to the smaller 9700. The move to 9900, then to Q10 was great. Im welcoming this passport. Little nervous on losing alt key and space bar placement but i believe I can get use to that

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:58 AM
    Your imagination must be lacking then..
    07-05-14 12:34 PM
    OP : it's not a phone.
    Call me crazy, but I believe it's even something else than a phablet.
    You'll use your both hands, won't be typing while driving nor play candy crush (or any game) unless you're forced to.
    It won't seduce - at least at start - teenagers and even may (mostly) not be bought by individuals but distributed by companies.

Will I fall in love ?
    Well, I gave up with my physical kb love the day I got my Z10 (and furthermore my Z30) and I swore then I'll never go back.
    Appears I was wrong; I'll give this passport more than a chance, based on what I've been told (I should be testing it pretty soon too).
    Man, this physical, touch keys and pad combination is just revolutionary. Unseen, undone and we can expect it to be as good as the "swiftkey-(better than)-like" BB10 kb : excellent and well implemented. That alone will be a key for me. Count me in.
    07-05-14 01:19 PM
    OP : it's not a phone.
    Call me crazy, but I believe it's even something else than a phablet.
    You'll use your both hands, won't be typing while driving nor play candy crush (or any game) unless you're forced to.
    It won't seduce - at least at start - teenagers and even may (mostly) not be bought by individuals but distributed by companies.

Will I fall in love ?
    Well, I gave up with my physical kb love the day I got my Z10 (and furthermore my Z30) and I swore then I'll never go back.
    Appears I was wrong; I'll give this passport more than a chance, based on what I've been told (I should be testing it pretty soon too).
    Man, this physical, touch keys and pad combination is just revolutionary. Unseen, undone and we can expect it to be as good as the "swiftkey-(better than)-like" BB10 kb : excellent and well implemented. That alone will be a key for me. Count me in.
    Exactly what i was thinking it;s far from what i'd call a phone, it isn't a phablet either
    So they should just make a new name for it
    although it is a phone.. :s
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-05-14 02:13 PM
    Only thing related to Passport hat I like is BBRY's almost insane decision to release it. In it's current position any company would play safe, but BBRY decided to "put all on red" (OK, not all because there is Classic, but relaying its future on two qwerty phones is bold).
    And I have to admit, it looks less ugly in real life photos.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-05-14 03:07 PM
    What is up with everyone and their issues with its shape? It's not like it's in the shape of an upside down cross. Get over it.

Posted via CB10
    and if it was, you'd just turn it the right way up lol.
    07-05-14 03:14 PM
    and if it was, you'd just turn it the right way up lol.
    If it were an upside down cross it would still mean nothing. Don't know why that example ws ussed

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 04:46 PM
    "Can't imagine anyone using this phone"... it might help if you picture them using it naked!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    Thunderbuck, Jonesy1966 and chalx like this.
    07-05-14 10:10 PM
    The Passport... based on the subforum.

Posted via CB10
    CB10 didn't show the sub-forum when I posted that! It never does in the Unread Results and then going into the thread.
    07-09-14 07:43 PM
    I'm trying to imagine if people would use a OEM traditional holster for the Passport lol. None the less, seems like a great phone.. I'm sure I'm sticking to my Q10.

Currently wielding: BlackBerry Q10 - Nexus 5 - iP5. Connect with me at: www.profitwithmateo.com
    07-10-14 03:53 AM
    I am looking forward to using this phone.
    07-10-14 04:08 AM
    If it were an upside down cross it would still mean nothing. Don't know why that example ws ussed

Posted via CB10
    Recently, it is common for the upside-down cross to be used as a symbol of atheism, humanism, and the occult. Several black metal bands use an inverted cross to call attention to their supposed devotion to Satan. Upside-down crosses appear in horror movies such as The Omen and The Conjuring as a signal of demonic activity. The symbol crops up in tattoos, on pendants, and as a logo on t-shirts. Sometimes, it is accompanied by statements such as ?Believe in Yourself,? ?There Is No God,? ?Black Mass,? or ?Not Transformed.? In these contexts, the obvious intent of the inverted cross is to declare an opposition to Christianity. Turning the cross upside down becomes a means of denying the truth of Christ and mocking His sacrifice.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 05:32 PM
    I'm getting it first day

Posted via CB10
    guygardner73 likes this.
    07-10-14 06:31 PM
    I'm getting it first day

Posted via CB10
    Same here

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-11-14 12:19 AM
    This is hilarious! Just today I was giving one of our IT techs grief for using that exact phone. My entire Q10 is smaller than his screen.

I am waiting to get my hands on a Passport. The phone appears to be exactly what I'm looking for. My screen is a little small when I have to RDP into my server at work. The ONLY thing that concerns me about the Passport is the fixed battery. Unlike iPhone users, I really don't want a phone that has to be returned to the MFG for a battery changem

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zocster; 07-11-14 at 12:37 AM. Reason: removed quoted infracted post
    07-11-14 12:28 AM
121 ... 2345