One good thing about the Passport is that it's for sure going to draw some attention.
    I sincerely wish the attention is NOT because of price alone. Or should I?

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    07-04-14 12:22 PM
    And... I can see many big-handed people using it. I remember I tried to give an old Bold to my dad and he refused, saying the screen was just too small and couldn't get used to the cramped keyboard.

Plus, people are comfortable carrying around Note devices, the Passport isn't that far fetched at all.

Posted via CB10
    Actually I think the Passport is doing to the QWERTY phone what Samsung did for the all-touch. Jumbo size things.

At first I didn't see the Note being a good seller but then it sold very well. I still think those things are ridiculous and i'd never use one as a daily driver but hey you never know what people adopt until it's out there.
    chalx likes this.
    07-04-14 12:28 PM
    [QUOTE=Maybe cause i dont think it is feminine[/QUOTE]

I would think it would be easier for a woman, than for a man, because most women carry a purse, and most men don't. The size is too big for me, but I am sure many others are more interested in videos and games than I am.
    07-04-14 01:02 PM
    I would own this phone over a Z30. I like the fact that while bigger, the screen is wider. I would prefer this much more over taller, longer phones. Much more scree real estate and less scrolling to see things. I still want to hold out for an all touch to eventually replace my Z10 but if it gets to the point where it is going to take forever to see this, then this will more then likely be my next phone
    07-04-14 01:11 PM
    Based on photos, it's definitely not the sexiest phone on the market. I'm sure they could've made the device look more attractive.
    07-04-14 01:43 PM
    I feel it's like the porches all over again
    I wonder how many people would enjoy this oversized phone

Posted via CB10
    I grabbed my passport and held it in my hands and to my ear. If the dimension is the size of an actual passport, I'm okay with it.

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175/Telus
    07-04-14 01:46 PM
    I grabbed my passport and held it in my hands and to my ear. If the dimension is the size of an actual passport, I'm okay with it.

Lol. It's obviously bigger than that.

WhiteZ30 OS10.3.0.700
    07-04-14 01:49 PM

WhiteZ30 OS10.3.0.700
    I was under the impression it was the same size. My bad.

07-04-14 01:57 PM
    One good thing about the Passport is that it's for sure going to draw some attention. Between all the other phones, it is actually something all new, yet with a professional, pragmatic intention. So I'm sure quite some people will take a look at the new phone.

So, even though the Classic will probably be a great phone, I'd say that the Passport will sell better from the start, as consumers will not see it as "just another BlackBerry".

And don't worry about the size of that device. The Note series has been discussed over and over and has then turned into one of Samsung's cash cows.
    It's drawing the WRONG kind of attention. Not all attention is good. I would love to wager with you that this phone will sell very small quantities.
    I love Blackberry and the Z10 and Z30 is the direction the company should have kept moving with.
    amjass12 likes this.
    07-04-14 03:02 PM
    How can you have an opinion about any phone without trying it first?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    This is precisely the problem blackberry are having. Perception is so bad.. People don't care to even give it a go . Marketing should be much stronger, but in all honesty I don't think people care. Cos I have marketed the phone to my friends more than a million adverts could... No one cares. My friends are not representative of the entire smartphone user base of course.. But this seems too be the general opinion.

I hope the touch keypad changes this and makes people,want to try it . Then they might see how good bb10 is
    lift likes this.
    07-04-14 03:14 PM
    Company CEO here ... We have sales reps, warehouse personel and accounts throughout North America all exchanging purchase orders, invoices, import documents ... some on spreadsheets, some using QuickBoooks. The Passport in my view will be an awesome tool to keep me on top of things when I'm not in the office.
    bigbadben10 and Thunderbuck like this.
    07-04-14 03:18 PM
    I feel it's like the porches all over again
    I wonder how many people would enjoy this oversized phone

Posted via CB10
    Don't know! I wonder how you hold it. I know with my Z30 I was having a lot of trouble with call. I could not hear anyone. I eventually found out with the flip case I was holding the phone with my finger on the decrease volume button and turning off the sound. I wonder if there is a way to reverse those controls?
    07-04-14 04:10 PM
    All the porsche phones are beautiful, if they werent only for rich people, Id buy em all!
    DJM626 likes this.
    07-04-14 04:43 PM
    This is precisely the problem blackberry are having. Perception is so bad.. People don't care to even give it a go . Marketing should be much stronger, but in all honesty I don't think people care. Cos I have marketed the phone to my friends more than a million adverts could... No one cares. My friends are not representative of the entire smartphone user base of course.. But this seems too be the general opinion.

I hope the touch keypad changes this and makes people,want to try it . Then they might see how good bb10 is
    What I see as at least possible with the Passport is that when the first customers start using them in public, people will be curious. A lot of "what is THAT?!", and no, not all of it will be positive. But it WILL be attention.

When people actually see how that keyboard works, I think it will win some converts. And even though some have said they don't like the size and shape, there will be some people out there who will buy it in part BECAUSE it looks different from everything else out there.

The crucial part of all of this is that BlackBerry needs to ensure that this phone is bulletproof and that the new keypad works they way they say it will.
    07-04-14 05:20 PM

WhiteZ30 OS10.3.0.700
    Ummm actually no, it is not much bigger than that...it just about exactly the same size.

Can't imagine anyone using this phone-278907d1403186896t-blackberry-passport-blackberry-passport-1.jpg
    07-04-14 05:34 PM
    Ummm actually no, it is not much bigger than that...it just about exactly the same size.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	278907d1403186896t-blackberry-passport-blackberry-passport-1.jpg 
Views:	1137 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	282992
    I must say your passport is bigger than mine.
    Mine has the same width with Z30.

WhiteZ30 OS10.3.0.700
    07-04-14 05:48 PM
    Now I learned something...thought for the most part passports were standard shape/size.
    07-04-14 05:53 PM
    There's a joke in there somewhere.
    I can make you 10 jokes out of this but none are rated G, lol

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 06:46 PM
    Word!

According to statistics people with large hands account for 7.57% of the world population so the Passport was designed for this demographic!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Do you want to know something else about us, big handed folks? Lol.

Sorry, I'm totally hijacking this thread.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 06:49 PM
    What is up with everyone and their issues with its shape? It's not like it's in the shape of an upside down cross. Get over it.
    This is CrackBerry. The land of melodramatic, armchair executives with Chicken Little "The Sky Is Falling" complexes. ;-)
    07-04-14 07:05 PM
    I hope the touch keypad changes this and makes people,want to try it. Then they might see how good bb10 is
    This is key. Even if people don't like the phone itself, hopefully this added functionality for the physical keyboard will attract some much-needed attention and awareness to the brand and the platform.
    amjass12 likes this.
    07-04-14 08:00 PM
    Is there any Internet Law (e.g., Godwin's law) for when people who say, "I can't imagine..." and any sane person can easily list several reasons within seconds?

I have a very low opinion who make a loud sound going, "I can't imagine" and cannot even see ANY reason. If you said, "people may want it for this reason, but that is stupid because...", then I can see your point.

Think! Imagine! I don't usually hold a high opinion of people who cannot think for 2 seconds.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-04-14 08:48 PM
    They won't.
    07-04-14 09:56 PM
    Why would liking this phone make you a fanatic. I'm excited for spreadsheet edits and pdf reading. In my opinion this device will be phenomenal in that regard. Plus I think it looks cool and it sounds like it's got great call quality and speakers. I'm excited to have new keyboard technology. It's an awesome looking device in my opinion. I'm happy it's coming. I just hope I can buy it direct from BlackBerry or Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    Me too - re: the spreadsheet and pdf reading.... means I may not have to take my PlayBook around with me all the time.

AND, as it is PASSPORT sized - I KNOW it will fit in all my suits and travel shirts (many Rohan Travel Shirts have extra secure Passport sized pockets in them)
    07-04-14 10:11 PM
    People use 5inches or so phones so why not the passport? But personally I stick to phones that will fit just right in my pocket. I don't have big hands and I'd just feel awkward using them. I rarely use my phone for multimedia.

via Q10
    07-04-14 10:19 PM
121 12345