Maybe cause i dont think it is feminine
    If you start applying gender stereotypes to technology, you end up with things like the Petticoat 5:
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    07-04-14 03:40 AM
    I feel it's like the porches all over again
    I wonder how many people would enjoy this oversized phone

Posted via CB10
    Good for you now go away and stick with whatev phone you have

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-04-14 04:05 AM
    This is could be my next phone. But by the time its available locally Samsung has already released a phone with 3D GUI so lets see.
    07-04-14 04:28 AM
    I am a big guy and I am looking at buying the passport. I am hoping Blackberry will have a GSM unlocked version available on launch day.

I like the bigger phones, the Q10 keys where just too dam small and the screen had scaling issues with some apps.

I am hoping with the larger and higher resolution screen on the passport, it will fill my needs just fine. Now I have to wait until it's released before I can get one into my hands and make my own judgement.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    07-04-14 04:35 AM
    I'll wait and see. I'm leaning more towards the Classic to replace my Q10
    07-04-14 04:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wow, I read this about 5 times and FINALLY figured out that you mean the Porsche phones.

Kept thinking you had something against small decks.
    07-04-14 05:43 AM
    If you don't like it, that's up to you, but why do you care if others might or might not like it?

This thread sounds a little troll-ish...
    Bingo!

07-04-14 05:49 AM
    As an it manager that use my q10 support (aka teamviewer) while away from the office, I can see myself using a blackberry passport because of how big the screen is.

So now you can imagine me using it.
    Timbosaurus and helpimstuck like this.
    07-04-14 07:14 AM
    I am a big guy and I am looking at buying the passport. I am hoping Blackberry will have a GSM unlocked version available on launch day.

I like the bigger phones, the Q10 keys where just too dam small and the screen had scaling issues with some apps.

I am hoping with the larger and higher resolution screen on the passport, it will fill my needs just fine. Now I have to wait until it's released before I can get one into my hands and make my own judgement.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    Wouldn't you want like a bigger version of q10 instead?

Because it has a normal keyboard
    Or do u not mind the look of the passport

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:20 AM
    Can�t imagine? I not only can imagine that, but also see myself using it soon
    07-04-14 07:44 AM
    Do we even know for SURE that the square form factor is the actual design?
    I Remember that the guy who made a first review about the passport also said : it already has changed by design.(maybe that was only about the keyboard, but if this can change, than why would they not be able to round the corners etc...small things still can change and make a big difference)
    Or am i wrong?
    07-04-14 07:58 AM
    thats good then
    07-04-14 08:19 AM
    Hey I have a suggestion why don't we all do a quick survey of people's reaction to the passport you know like our friends family and neighbours. Find out their reactions I did one with my classmates ( most didn't have previous knowledge of the passport ) and the reception to the passport wasn't bad. Some were blown away when I said it was the new BlackBerry
    07-04-14 08:28 AM
    Sorry OP for your lack of imagination. Don't worry though. When this phone becomes available many people will buy it and you don't need your imagination. You will be able to see live people using it.
    07-04-14 08:55 AM
    I can't wait. what not to like about it?
    It is faster than my Q10. Speakers will be stereo like the Z30. Has the keys I need to type with. Larger screen and is going to have BB 10. 3
    07-04-14 09:01 AM
    my hand palm is just like any other asian's palm. if i can hold it, you can hold it too!
    There's a joke in there somewhere.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    07-04-14 09:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    I would. The reason I never went with a q10 was the screen was still puny so I said F that. Like seriously the screen on a q10 or bold sucks cause its so small. I'm glad they made a qwerty with a big screen. I remember filling out a beta zone survey and they asked why I chose the z over a q and it was screen size.

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    Timbosaurus and helpimstuck like this.
    07-04-14 09:12 AM
    Lkjf
    Last edited by helpimstuck; 07-04-14 at 02:05 PM.
    07-04-14 09:17 AM
    At first that was my reaction as well.

But then I thought about it and the reason was that we're all USED to a different form factor. But the advantages of a phone like the Passport are, IMO, so distinctive people can certainly get used to it. I've always thought a keyboard coupled with a screen big enough to do real work on (e.g. spreadsheet editing, word processing, watch movies ) would be killer.

You think it looks funny, fine, that's now, but if enough people need the unique features of the phone they'll carry it, and then that form factor will evolve into the next "standard".

At least that's what history has taught me.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-04-14 09:52 AM
    will feel envy when you look thousands of passports in the hands of business people.
    07-04-14 09:52 AM
    Can't wait, I personally like what I've seen. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 10:03 AM
    I plan on buying one.

Posted via CB10
    I plan on winning one.
    07-04-14 10:19 AM
    Wouldn't you want like a bigger version of q10 instead?

Because it has a normal keyboard
    Or do u not mind the look of the passport

Posted via CB10
    Speaking for MYSELF, I had no interest at all in another keyboard phone, but yes, I actually do like the look of the Passport, and that touch-sensitive keyboard sounds very interesting. They've invented a whole new kind of phone here.

I also know that this phone is going to get a lot of attention. I like that.
    07-04-14 10:37 AM
    At first that was my reaction as well.

But then I thought about it and the reason was that we're all USED to a different form factor. But the advantages of a phone like the Passport are, IMO, so distinctive people can certainly get used to it. I've always thought a keyboard coupled with a screen big enough to do real work on (e.g. spreadsheet editing, word processing, watch movies ) would be killer.

You think it looks funny, fine, that's now, but if enough people need the unique features of the phone they'll carry it, and then that form factor will evolve into the next "standard".

At least that's what history has taught me.
    People are absolutely entitled to their own tastes, but I think for many cases you've nailed it. The shape of the Passport is very different from what people have come to expect mobile phones to look like. Some are finding that hard to get past.
    07-04-14 10:39 AM
    Word!

According to statistics people with large hands account for 7.57% of the world population so the Passport was designed for this demographic!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    07-04-14 11:54 AM
121 1234 ...