Finally setting up the Used Passport I bought & discovered that It charges when connected to the PC but neither Win7/64 windows or BB Link see it even though windows said it installed & ready to use despite Not seeing it in file manager...

On the Passport's networks & connections sections it says I'm connected via USB. I really want to copy my files from BB Link. Anyone know what I can do next? I already rebooted both devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-19 03:43 PM
    Have you enabled SMBv1?

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-a...bv1-windows-10

If that was the issue, please only turn it on when you need to access via Link.
    06-28-19 04:20 PM
    Appreciate your fast response but I have Windows 7/64 bit. With the Q10 I never had a problem.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-19 04:54 PM
    Just reinstall BB Link. I had the same issue with my Passport. After reinstall everything working fine.
    06-28-19 05:03 PM
    Will reinstalling link keep the saved data that I'm trying to put into Passport?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-19 09:17 AM
    I have The same Issue, windows 7 64bits, only can connect To blend

Posted via CB10
    06-30-19 12:39 AM
    Will reinstalling link keep the saved data that I'm trying to put into Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Yes the backup file BB is saved on your PC in a folder and not affected by a reinstall of Link.
    06-30-19 12:27 PM
    Finally setting up the Used Passport I bought & discovered that It charges when connected to the PC but neither Win7/64 windows or BB Link see it even though windows said it installed & ready to use despite Not seeing it in file manager...

On the Passport's networks & connections sections it says I'm connected via USB. I really want to copy my files from BB Link. Anyone know what I can do next? I already rebooted both devices.

Posted via CB10
    Hey scuba,

I think MS has also turned off SMBv1 on Windows 7 devices via update at this point. I'd try that after your reinstall if Link still won't connect.

By the way, are you sold on copying your files via Link or are you open to other methods? You can always set up your Passport as a network drive on your PC and not have to worry about Link to send files back and forth...
    07-01-19 03:42 PM
    Hey scuba,

I think MS has also turned off SMBv1 on Windows 7 devices via update at this point. I'd try that after your reinstall if Link still won't connect.

By the way, are you sold on copying your files via Link or are you open to other methods? You can always set up your Passport as a network drive on your PC and not have to worry about Link to send files back and forth...
    Two questions. What is SMBV1? 2nd, and will there be something keeping my PC from seeing the Passport? When I 1st hooked up to the PC it said that it was loading the drivers for it but it doesn't show up in file manager...

Posted via CB10
    07-03-19 04:23 PM
    Two questions. What is SMBV1? 2nd, and will there be something keeping my PC from seeing the Passport? When I 1st hooked up to the PC it said that it was loading the drivers for it but it doesn't show up in file manager...

Posted via CB10
    A little blurb about SMB and why its dangerous to fall back to SMBV1, and why windows no longer allows it without changing advanced settings

https://www.extrahop.com/company/blo...ut-down-smbv1/
    07-03-19 04:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    SMBv1 is a file sharing protocol used by Microsoft for connecting Windows to shared network drives and other resources. While it's good to have it off if there is no reason to have it on, Blackberry 10 users have a reason to have it on, so assuming you are backing up your computer regularly (which you should do anyway in an era of ransomware) there is no greater risk with SMBv1 than there is with other forms of malware...particularly those that infest the Android platform.

To turn SMBv1 back on, use the following process:

1. Go to Control Panel.

2. Select Programs.

3. Select Add/Remove Windows components on the left side of the window which allows you to uninstall software. (This is for Windows 7; Windows 10 uses the phrasing "Turn Windows features on or off.")

4. Scroll down to SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support.

5. Check the box.

6. Restart your computer.

Regarding your second question: the lack of SMBv1 is probably what is keeping your computer from seeing the Passport, so taking care of that will address that issue. However, if you're opening to copying files via other methods than Link I'd be happy to walk you through connecting your Passport as a network drive. That way you don't have to worry about SMBv1 and can copy files back and forth at will on your home network.
    07-05-19 07:37 PM
    If you are running win 8.3 or above Link will not function with Apple I Tunes installed and Win will see it as unsupported
    07-06-19 06:34 PM
    You can also see the files in my computer in WIN 10. Even though link will not run properly I find the files appear after they are mounted.
    07-06-19 06:37 PM