So, I unlock my device and go into security settings and encryption. I want to disable encryption, but the slider is greyed out (well, light blued out). It won't even let me select the option or enter my password, it's just unselectable. What's going on? I'm not hooked into a work network or anything like that where an administrator is serving my device.

EDIT: I turned off BB Protect, that didn't change anything.
    08-16-15 07:27 PM
    You don't have an Exchange Active Sync account set up for a work email? If you do, then the policies set forth by your IT department are enforcing device encryption. The device doesn't need to be connected to BES to force these policies; these policies are standard to EAS.

Posted via CB10
    Dranakin likes this.
    08-16-15 07:43 PM
    You don't have an Exchange Active Sync account set up for a work email? If you do, then the policies set forth by your IT department are enforcing device encryption. The device doesn't need to be connected to BES to force these policies; these policies are standard to EAS.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, thanks. That seems to be the issue. Was able to delete the account and disable the encryption.
    08-16-15 07:46 PM
    Ah, thanks. That seems to be the issue. Was able to delete the account and disable the encryption.
    Once you re-add the account, the same policies will be enforced though, so why bother turning encryption off?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 07:52 PM