So I've had enough of my PRIV experiment and have gone back to my Passport. Only trouble I'm having is that for BB World app updates and log in , I can't seem to get the password to verify from the log in screen on the Passport. I hit the verify button and it just sits there for about 5 seconds, wipes the password away and asks again for the password. If I enter an incorrect password, it acknowledges that and says I have 5 more attempts at entering the correct password so I know that's not right. No problem logging in from a computer with the same password although Blackberry Protect is not showing my Passport as active even though I have Protect active on the Passport. I have reset the password 3 times today with the same result...It simply won't do anything with the verify portion.
    Anybody??? HEEEELLLPPPP!!!. Okay, overly dramatic but it does get my point across.
    12-29-16 03:06 PM
    So it recognizes the devices password, but not your BBID Password..... right?

Have you rebooted your phone? Is it fully connected to a network Wi-Fi and Mobile? Is the BB Network symbol up top?

What if you access your BBID in settings and not the BB World App?

Have you tried changing the BBID from within the app on the phone.... should prompt for the existing password again?
    12-29-16 03:39 PM
    So it recognizes the devices password, but not your BBID Password..... right?

Exactly...The BBID password is not recognized even though entering an incorrect password counts as a strike.

Have you rebooted your phone? Is it fully connected to a network Wi-Fi and Mobile? Is the BB Network symbol up top?

Rebooted twice and Wjfi And Network are full bars with the 4 dots beside the LTE and WiFi Icons

What if you access your BBID in settings and not the BB World App

Full access on BB World on laptop and Passport, cannot verify BBID password on either

Have you tried changing the BBID from within the app on the phone.... should prompt for the existing password again

Cannot verify password to access BBID from phone, request from laptop works fine but cannot verify any new passwords
    Just to be clear here, I can get to the BBID logon stage and enter email AND password...the verify button just kicks me back to the password entry window with no results...very weird!!
    12-29-16 05:17 PM
    So I've had enough of my PRIV experiment and have gone back to my Passport. Only trouble I'm having is that for BB World app updates and log in , I can't seem to get the password to verify from the log in screen on the Passport. I hit the verify button and it just sits there for about 5 seconds, wipes the password away and asks again for the password. If I enter an incorrect password, it acknowledges that and says I have 5 more attempts at entering the correct password so I know that's not right. No problem logging in from a computer with the same password although Blackberry Protect is not showing my Passport as active even though I have Protect active on the Passport. I have reset the password 3 times today with the same result...It simply won't do anything with the verify portion.
    Anybody??? HEEEELLLPPPP!!!. Okay, overly dramatic but it does get my point across.
    I've had similar problem. Try going into settings, about, then network.. click on the bottom right, and press "register blackberry". Then do a restart. Not sure if it'll work but worth trying. Otherwise, backup everything and hard reset your phone using autoloader..

Posted via Z30
    Paullybob likes this.
    12-29-16 06:35 PM
    Yes and thank you....registered the Passport twice today with no luck...backing up tomorrow with a reload from scratch. was kinda hoping not to have to but this is the only solution I can think of at this point that makes any sense.
    12-29-16 07:08 PM
    Ran Autoloader without back up as I couldn't access my BBID, I now have a paperweight...sigh!!! Damned you so secure Blackberry!! Not really, its just doing the job it was intended too. I'll contact BB support and see what, if anything, can be done.
    12-30-16 06:45 AM