I have a BB Passport. OS = 10.3.2.2836

Yesterday I noticed it getting warm. Then it totally drained last night. It is now very slow to charge and it is running hot. So, I rebooted, restored, reset no improvement. I tried to do a backup that failed. I then did a complete OS reload today. Still running hot and no ability to install any apps from the BB App World.

Any one have a clue on how to fix this?
    Last edited by rhinoville; 01-21-16 at 12:16 PM.
    01-21-16 11:36 AM
    When your reloaded the OS.... did you do a restore - if so, do the OS load again without a restore and don't add any apps or "accounts".

Getting hot is normal after a reload... somewhat, depending on the number of accounts and data syncing. Have you checked Device Monitor, is the CPU running a lot? Have you use BlackBerry Virtual Assistant to check the hardware?
    01-21-16 12:04 PM
    I did not do a restore.

I cannot find the Virtual Assistant. It says update in BB World but of course it will not install.

Running it now. or not. Just a black screen that says BlackBerry Virtual Expert. /sigh
    01-21-16 12:17 PM
    Download a totally different OS, and install it (make sure you have the correct version for your device).

Before doing anything else see if you can run BBVE....

If all is good, give it a little while before you instal any apps or setup any accounts and see if it "settles in". If it stays hot, there is a hardware problem...
    01-22-16 08:24 AM
    Ok time for an update for anyone else that may have the same issue. CHECK YOUR SD CARD! I have never seen one die, well until now. Made Blackberry replace the unit because I thought it was going bad. They did. Got it and did a restore. Same freaking issue. Then out of just troubleshooting steps I pulled the card out and put it in my computer. It said it needed to be formatted so I did. My 64GB card would only format for 1MB. What a waste of time. I hope this helps someone else. Good luck.
    01-28-16 11:36 PM